A Collection of Strange Laws
- Home /
- A Collection of Strange Laws
Creating new laws is often a strange and difficult process, yet has been in effect for centuries. As a result, there are some peculiar laws which may have made sense at one point in time, but now seem silly and unreasonable. There seems to be no state that is completely safe from at least one strange law, therefore our attorneys have decided it would be fun to share some of these laws.
Some of the strangest laws include:
- Hunting camels is prohibited.
- If a person cuts down a cactus, they could be sentenced to 25 years in prison.
- If an individual commits a misdemeanor while wearing a red mask, it is considered a felony.
- In Mohave County, if a person is caught stealing soap, that person must wash themselves until the bar of soap has been completely used up.
- It is illegal for donkeys to sleep in bathtubs.
- It is unlawful to refuse a person a glass of water.
- When being attacked by a burglar or criminal, it is only possible to protect yourself with the same weapon the other person is using.
- Birds always have the right of way on highways.
- It is illegal for first cousins to get married; however this does not apply to those over the age of 65.
- It is illegal not to drink milk.
- It is illegal to donate nuclear weapons.
- It is illegal to fish while riding a horse.
- It is on offense to hunt wales in Utah.
- It is only legal for restaurants to serve wine with a meal, only if the customer asks for a wine list.
- The husband is responsible for any criminal act she commits while she is in his presence.
- Amended – In Carmel, it is against the law to wear heels over two inches high, or with less than one inch square base. This law, which was rarely enforced, is often amended. This made it possible to get a heel permit from city hall.
- Bathhouses are against the law.
- Film producers must have permission from a pediatrician prior to filming children under the age of one month.
- In both San Jose and Sunnyvale, it is illegal for a grocery store to use plastic bags.
- In Los Angeles County, a person can only throw a Frisbee at the beach with a lifeguards permission.
- It is illegal to shoot any kind of game animal from a moving vehicle, unless it is a whale.
- It is unlawful to allow a dog to pursue a bobcat or bear at any time.
- No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour.
- It is against the law for idiots to vote.
- State officials have ordered 400 words to be cut from Romeo and Juliet for being sexually explicit material.
It is likely that most will not be affected by any of these laws; however our injury attorneys in Phoenix are available if you need any assistance understanding any laws, or have been injured in an accident of any type.
Juan Roque has been integral with my legal needs. Communication has been easy. He conveys information I can easily understand without a lot of "Legal Fluff" jargon. I will certainly do business with Phillips Legal team again and refer them to my friends and family.
I didn’t know anything about the area, and Phillips Law Group just took care of everything. They helped made sure I knew where I was going, made sure I didn’t have to worry. They literally just took care of me.
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
My paralegal , Caroline , was on top of her game - very responsive and always answered any questions I had and in a timely manner . My attorney Rob ,was the best attorney I ever had . He explained everything in great detail and had a great sense or humor . He really knows how to bring light To tough , unfortunate situations - I would absolutely recommend them at anyone -
The lawyers here are of top quality. Especially Trey Dayes, who was always respectful and hard-working.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Great company and awesome service. Thanks Caroline fabos. Kudos to all.
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.