What to Do After Being in an Accident
- Home /
- What to Do After Being in an Accident
According to The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there were over 9 million motor vehicle accidents in 2009. No matter how many driving precautions you may take, some motor vehicle accidents are unavoidable.Car accidents in Arizona can be very stressful. Knowing what steps to take after an accident can help to ease the process.
After an Accident
Many people are unsure about what to do after an auto accident. However, it is important to try to remain calm and follow these steps:
- Check to see if you or the passengers in your car have been injured.
- Call 911 to get first responders to the scene faster.
- If it is possible, move your vehicle to a safe place.
- Inspect your vehicle to make sure you do not smell gas or oil. If you do, stay as far away from the vehicle as possible.
- Turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights, and use cones or flares for safety.
- Call the police – even if the accident is minor.
- Exchange information with the other parties involved (insurance information, license plate and drivers license numbers, and passengers’ information).
- Record information about the accident (weather conditions, driving speeds).
- Take photos with your cellphone of the all the vehicles involved in the accident and the accident scene.
- Limit your talk about the accident, only discuss it with the police, your insurance company and family members.
- Do not admit fault- even if you think the accident was your fault.
- Ask the police officer that is on the scene where you can get a copy of the accident report.
- Call your insurance company immediately.
- Make an appointment with a doctor, whether or not you believe you have suffered an injury. Sometimes injuries do not become apparent until one or more days after the accident.
Contact an Arizona Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been involved in an Arizona motor vehicle accident, you may have legal options. Contact the accident attorneys at Phillips Law Group to learn more in a free, no-obligation consultation.
Phillips Law Group has the experience and resources to handle all types of motor vehicle accidents.
My review is for Kathy Hudson a legal assistant at the law firm. She is great! She is very professional and a fair based person. She was never rude to me and always called me back. She listened to me and had my best interest as number 1. Mr Nasir who is a supervisor at law firm also was very professional and helpful. Not sure if spelling his name correctly but sorry if not. As far as mr Ross and the lady that runs the front desk reception I would say they are the most unprofessional and rude people I have met at a law firm in my life especially beings they were representing me. But Kathy made it overall a better experience. Thx Kathy.
Definitely recommend! Awesome
I would like to thank Vanessa Rodriguez for helping me with my case because I was in total shock about the accident. She had listened to all my concerns and had answered every question I had . She was great !!!
Phillips law group has an amazing staff and i recommend them to everyone.
I didn’t know anything about the area, and Phillips Law Group just took care of everything. They helped made sure I knew where I was going, made sure I didn’t have to worry. They literally just took care of me.
Two family members were in a bad wreck a couple of years ago, and as a result called Phillips Law to represent them. Montana Thompson was the attorney assigned to the case with the help of Nemo Farr as legal assistant. Mr. Thompson litigated a very generous settlement for both my stepdaughter and her son. Because my grandson is a minor, I decided to act as conservator for him to ensure the settlement was safe and secure. Montana helped with that process, but it was Nemo who went way above and beyond the call in finding a financial institution to use for the restricted account. There were some glitches in that process but Nemo helped navigate them with a calm expertise which belies his age. I would consider them both great representatives of the level of commitment to their clients and assets to their firm.
Phillips Law Group does so much for the community!!! I especially enjoy seeing Juan Roque out there. This gentle giant always has a smile on his face and is a part of a caring and giving team.
The lawyers here are of top quality. Especially Trey Dayes, who was always respectful and hard-working.
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
A friend of mine recommended Phillips Law and I’m so grateful, because they were so wonderful, so down to earth, so professional. I felt like they were family.