What to Do After Being in an Accident
- Home /
- What to Do After Being in an Accident
According to The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there were over 9 million motor vehicle accidents in 2009. No matter how many driving precautions you may take, some motor vehicle accidents are unavoidable.Car accidents in Arizona can be very stressful. Knowing what steps to take after an accident can help to ease the process.
After an Accident
Many people are unsure about what to do after an auto accident. However, it is important to try to remain calm and follow these steps:
- Check to see if you or the passengers in your car have been injured.
- Call 911 to get first responders to the scene faster.
- If it is possible, move your vehicle to a safe place.
- Inspect your vehicle to make sure you do not smell gas or oil. If you do, stay as far away from the vehicle as possible.
- Turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights, and use cones or flares for safety.
- Call the police – even if the accident is minor.
- Exchange information with the other parties involved (insurance information, license plate and drivers license numbers, and passengers’ information).
- Record information about the accident (weather conditions, driving speeds).
- Take photos with your cellphone of the all the vehicles involved in the accident and the accident scene.
- Limit your talk about the accident, only discuss it with the police, your insurance company and family members.
- Do not admit fault- even if you think the accident was your fault.
- Ask the police officer that is on the scene where you can get a copy of the accident report.
- Call your insurance company immediately.
- Make an appointment with a doctor, whether or not you believe you have suffered an injury. Sometimes injuries do not become apparent until one or more days after the accident.
Contact an Arizona Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been involved in an Arizona motor vehicle accident, you may have legal options. Contact the accident attorneys at Phillips Law Group to learn more in a free, no-obligation consultation.
Phillips Law Group has the experience and resources to handle all types of motor vehicle accidents.
Free Case Evaluation
Your message has been sent
Thank you for your message, we will get back to you soon.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Many companies talk about teamwork but few practice it. Many companies talk about an employee friendly environment but few actually provide it. At Phillips Law Group the foundation of our success is making sure we work as a team and that we work in an environment that allows everyone to thrive and be at their best every day. Our firm understands that in order for the client to have a great experience the people responsible for that client’s case must be given all the necessary tools and encouragement to make that happen. That’s the Phillips Way. As a manager of this firm in charge of several employees as well as directly affecting the client’s experience I take tremendous pride in saying we live by these premises and we work hard to build on them and make them better every day. This is an amazing place because it has amazing people working here!
I want to thank attorneys Tim and Robert and the paralegal Bethany for all they had done on my case. They were all empathetic, knowledgeable and professional. All my questions were answered, emails returned in a timely matter, and promises fulfilled. I recommend Phillips Law Group if you need help with your injury case.
I have been with Phillips Law Group for a little over a year and I have learned what teamwork and family in a workplace looks like. There is always someone around to lend a helping hand, which is something I appreciate and cherish. I feel a sense of joy coming to work every day because of my co-workers as well as being able to help people in what can be a scary and stressful situation. I currently work as a Litigation Legal Assistant with an amazing team. When I started here, I was not very knowledgeable in personal injury. I was lucky to have been placed with an amazing team who was willing to take time to teach and pass on some great skills that have been a huge aid in helping me be successful in my position. I would recommend working here at Phillips Law Group, because they care about their employees and there is so much room for growth.
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Phillips Law Group has a proven track record of success. Juan Roque, in particular, is integral to that. He works with integrity, compassion, and an undefeated optimism that makes him a valuable asset.
I would like to thank Vanessa Rodriguez for helping me with my case because I was in total shock about the accident. She had listened to all my concerns and had answered every question I had . She was great !!!
They knew exactly how to explain the case to me in a way that I would understand it. They gave me hope that my life wasn’t over.
The lawyers here are of top quality. Especially Trey Dayes, who was always respectful and hard-working.
I was recently served court documents that I was being sued from an accident that happened years ago. For someone who has never been through something like this and not familiar with the court lingo or where to even begin, it was very frustrating and stressful. I reached out to a family member who knew Tracy Laskos and the great reputation of Phillips Law Group and within the hours of the initial call for help, I had a direct number to Lead Attorney Nassar. Nassar heard my case and almost instantly put me at ease by explaining the process and how easy it was to handle. Nassar spoke to me like he was a friend, not like I was a client. I am so grateful to Tracy, Nasar and of course my cousin Stephanie for helping out and giving me the direction that I needed to get through this situation. I plan on referring my friends, family and patients that are in need of a personal injury Attorney to Phillips Law Group. Thank you!!