Lake Havasu City Personal Insurance Lawyers
Insurance is supposed to provide a financial safety net after a severe accident or injury, including a fatal injury. Many accident victims struggle to obtain coverage because their insurance companies act in bad faith and deny their claims.
If this happened to you it is important to talk to a Lake Havasu City personal insurance lawyer to find out if you may have legal recourse. At Phillips Law Group, our lawyers can review your claim during a 100 percent free, no-obligation consultation.
Over the past 27 years, our firm has worked with more than 155,000 clients, helping obtain compensation for their damages. We have decades of combined experience negotiating with insurance companies that try to pay out the smallest amount of compensation possible. Founder Jeffrey Phillips is a member of the National Trial Lawyers Association – Top 100.
If you have a valid case and hire our firm, you will not be charged upfront fees. We only get paid if we help you obtain a settlement.
Call us today to set up your free consultation: 1-800-706-3000.
How Do I Know if I May Have a Case?
This is a complicated question to answer and requires our attorneys to review the factors involved in your accident, the insurance coverage that may apply and the reasons why the insurance company has not provided compensation to you.
Some of the other factors we may consider when discussing your situation in a free consultation include:
- Reasons the insurance company gave for the denial of your claim
- If the insurance company unnecessarily delayed your payments
- Whether the insurance company conducted a reasonably thorough investigation
- Whether the insurance company withheld information about your policy
After reviewing the details of your claim and accident, we can gain a better understanding of whether you may have a valid claim.
Contact our Lake Havasu City personal insurance lawyers by phone: 1-800-706-3000. There is no upfront fee so there is no risk to you.
Types of Personal Insurance Coverage Disputes
We are committed to helping accident victims recover compensation to help them deal with the financial impact of their injuries and/or property damage.
We are prepared to resolve a variety of personal insurance disputes involving the following types of insurance coverage:
- Health insurance – Health insurance helps cover a portion of a patient’s medical expenses and treatment. It may cover costs associated with prescription medication, emergency services, laboratory tests, and medical devices, among many other costs. Unfortunately, many insurance companies will say that a certain treatment is cosmetic or experimental and not covered under the policy.
- Home / rental insurance – These types of insurance may cover the cost to repair or replace your home or personal property. This type of insurance coverage often applies to natural disasters and break-ins. However, many of these policies have fine print that excludes certain situations from coverage, and insurance companies do not tell policyholders about these exclusions. That is why is it important to thoroughly review an insurance plan before signing up for it.
- Auto insurance coverage – In Arizona, drivers are required to have at least the minimum amount of liability coverage. This covers the medical costs of a driver injured in an accident caused by the policyholder.
- Disability / income insurance – When a person becomes temporarily or permanently disabled and is unable to return to work, he or she may apply for disability insurance, which typically covers a percentage of lost income during the period of disability. It may also help to pay for things like physical therapy and medication costs that are not covered by your health insurance.
- Life insurance – If the policyholder passes away, life insurance pays a lump sum to the beneficiaries or surviving family. This may help cover costs for funeral and burial services, mortgage, loss of income and other expenses. Life insurance companies often try to exploit loopholes in these policies to avoid paying benefits.
- Long-term care insurance – Long-term care pays for care for those who are unable to perform daily activities themselves, such as bathing, eating or walking. These services are typically not covered under medical insurance.
- Catastrophe insurance – Catastrophe insurance helps cover victims affected by natural disasters like floods, fires, storms and earthquakes. Compensation is generally provided for the damages sustained.
If you have questions about your policy or are struggling to recover compensation you may be eligible to receive, we recommend that you speak to an attorney at our firm right away.
We understand how insurance companies operate and are here to help and provide answers to your questions.
Why Do Insurance Claims Get Denied?
Insurance companies tend to look out for their best interests, which is why many insurance claims are denied.
Some of the reasons insurance companies often give for why claims are denied include the following:
- The specific loss or event you experienced falls outside the policy’s coverage or below the deductible
- You failed to pay your premium on time, coverage lapsed
- You are suffering from a preexisting condition
- You failed to receive treatment at the time of your injury
- You failed to notify the insurance company before the deadline
- There is a dispute over who is responsible for damages
Sometimes these are legitimate reasons for a denial, but oftentimes they are not. The insurance company is simply trying to save itself money.
It is very difficult for accident victims to determine what is going on without assistance from a licensed attorney. You can contact Phillips Law Group anytime to schedule a free meeting with an experienced Lake Havasu City personal insurance lawyer.
Reach us by phone at 1-800-706-3000.
Bad Faith Insurance Settlement Practices
Insurance companies and policyholders are required to act in good faith when a claim is filed. Policyholders must have a valid reason for filing a claim and the insurance company is not allowed to deny the claim without a valid reason.
Under state law, insurance companies are prohibited from engaging in unfair settlement practices with policyholders. Some of the bad faith settlement practices prohibited under state law include:
- Delaying a claim investigation
- Delaying payment of compensation
- Trying to settle for less than is reasonable
- Refusing to pay benefits even though a reasonable investigation was not conducted
- Failing to use reasonable standards while doing the investigation
- Misrepresenting the terms of an insurance policy
- Acting unreasonably with a claim that is presented
- Failing to deny a claim within a reasonable amount of time
Our experienced attorneys know when insurance companies are acting in bad faith and understand how to combat the tactics they may use to either deny or devalue your claim.
Call today to learn how we may be able to assist you throughout the claims process, including by investigating the accident and negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf.
Contact a Lake Havasu City Personal Insurance Attorney for a Free Consultation
Our firm has helped over 155,000 clients get their lives back on track and we may be able to help you too. We understand that dealing with an insurance company can be stressful and we want you to be able to focus on your own health and recovery.
In more than 27 years serving Arizona injury victims, we have obtained more than $750 million in compensation. We have dealt with many insurance companies and understand the tactics they use to try to avoid paying fair compensation to accident victims.
Contact our firm for a free consultation to learn more about your potential options. Because we provide our services on a contingency fee basis, we do not charge upfront costs. We only get paid a percentage of the compensation you may be awarded.