Yuma Construction Accident Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
When construction workers get hurt on the job, their injuries are often catastrophic, requiring expensive long-term treatment and causing them to be unable to work. This can be devastating to a family’s finances.
Our Yuma construction accident attorneys understand how challenging the aftermath of a construction site injury can be. Over more than 27 years, we have represented more than 155,000 consumer clients, pursuing fair compensation for their damages. We have recovered more than $750 million in compensation in a variety of cases, and we may be able to seek compensation for your damages.
If you were involved in a construction accident, give us a call to schedule your free consultation. We take cases on contingency ”“ there are no upfront fees and we are not paid unless you receive compensation.
Free consultation: 1-800-706-3000
Who Could be Liable for Your Injuries?
Often, the construction company has liability for accidents, because the company has a legal duty to make sure the site is safe.
Other parties that could bear some liability for injuries include:
- General contractors
- Suppliers of equipment or materials
- Product manufacturers
There are many reasons why these entities could be held liable for a work injury, including, but not limited to:
- Lack of training of employees
- Failure to abide by safety standards (federal standards from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) or Arizona statutes)
- Failure to supervise
- Lack of safety equipment provided, such as hard hats or gloves
- Defectively-manufactured equipment or components
Determining liability for these injuries can be very complicated, so it is generally recommended to discuss the situation with a qualified attorney.
We have detailed knowledge of federal and state regulations from the Arizona Division of Occupational Safety and Health (ADOSH).
Our Yuma construction accident lawyers offer a free initial consultation.
Do I Have a Case?
When you consult with one of our attorneys, he or she can carefully review the details of your accident to determine if there may be grounds for legal action. There are several factors we may consider when we try to make this determination:
- What type of accident occurred?
- How did the accident happen?
- Where were you when you sustained the injuries?
- What types of injuries did you sustain?
- Did you spend time in the hospital?
- Were you diagnosed with anything specific after the accident?
- What did the accident site look like before you got hurt?
- Were you wearing your safety gear and following rules?
The answers to these questions will help us to determine who could potentially liable, why there could be liability, and the potential value of your damages.
How We May be Able to Seek Damages
When an accident occurs at a construction site, there are a few different options for victims to attempt to collect compensation for their injuries. Your Yuma construction accident attorney can advise you on the option that is most suitable for you based on your situation:
- Filing a claim for workers’ compensation ”“ In this type of claim, workers may be able to obtain compensation for medical expenses and partial lost wages. In these claims, fault generally does not matter. However, workers may be barred from collecting benefits if they were fighting or drunk when the injury occurred.
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit ”“ Workers generally cannot sue their employers over on-the-job injuries. However, if a third party is liable for your injury, you may be able to file a lawsuit against them. Third parties often include general contractors or subcontractors or product manufacturers. In a third-party lawsuit, you must prove the injury was the result of the third party’s negligence.
- Filing a wrongful death lawsuit – If your loved one was killed during a construction site accident, you may be able to pursue benefits from the workers’ compensation system along with compensation from a third-party lawsuit.
If you were not working on a construction site and suffered an injury, such as if you were driver passing by, you may also be able to take legal action to pursue compensation.
We have answers to your legal questions. Call us 24/7 at 1-800-706-3000 .
Why Construction Site Accidents Commonly Occur
Some accidents at construction sites are more common than others and may occur more frequently:
- Falls, including falls from tall buildings, scaffolding, ladders and even on walkways
- Hit-by accidents, such as getting hit by a vehicle
- Caught between accidents, which often involve collapsed trenches
These four accidents are known as the “fatal four” because they are the four most common in construction, according to OSHA.
Other common accidents/causes of accidents include:
- Forklift accidents
- Lack of guardrails
- Falling tools, scaffolding or other materials
- Heavy machinery accidents
- Toxic chemical exposure
What to Do If You Are Injured
If you become injured at a construction site, you should immediately seek medical treatment for your injuries. Make sure to visit the hospital for an examination and any treatment you might need.
You should also notify your employer. If you are covered by workers’ compensation, you must notify your employer within 90 days or your claim could be rejected.
After receiving treatment, take some time to write down what you remember about the incident. This information is easy to forget as time passes.
You should also take pictures of your injuries, the progress of your treatment, and the scene of the accident.
If there were any witnesses, ask them for their contact information for future reference. You should also obtain copies of your medical records and bills for treatment you have received.
It is vital that you continue your medical treatment, as directed by your doctor. This helps to prove the severity if your injuries and how you are trying to recover.
Contact Our Yuma Construction Accident Attorneys
Phillips Law Group has a proven track record of results, with more than $750 million recovered over 27 years.
We have detailed knowledge of construction accident cases and how to prove liability. We are prepared to build a strong argument for your case.
We can find out if you have case by talking about your accident in a free legal consultation.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
I was recently served court documents that I was being sued from an accident that happened years ago. For someone who has never been through something like this and not familiar with the court lingo or where to even begin, it was very frustrating and stressful. I reached out to a family member who knew Tracy Laskos and the great reputation of Phillips Law Group and within the hours of the initial call for help, I had a direct number to Lead Attorney Nassar. Nassar heard my case and almost instantly put me at ease by explaining the process and how easy it was to handle. Nassar spoke to me like he was a friend, not like I was a client. I am so grateful to Tracy, Nasar and of course my cousin Stephanie for helping out and giving me the direction that I needed to get through this situation. I plan on referring my friends, family and patients that are in need of a personal injury Attorney to Phillips Law Group. Thank you!!
Phillips law group is a great firm! Caroline is great.
Great company and awesome service. Thanks Caroline fabos. Kudos to all.
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Phillips law group has an amazing staff and i recommend them to everyone.
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
I would have no hesitation at all recommending Phillips Law Group. In particular, Juan Roque has impressed me with his professionalism, his integrity and his heart for the community!
Two family members were in a bad wreck a couple of years ago, and as a result called Phillips Law to represent them. Montana Thompson was the attorney assigned to the case with the help of Nemo Farr as legal assistant. Mr. Thompson litigated a very generous settlement for both my stepdaughter and her son. Because my grandson is a minor, I decided to act as conservator for him to ensure the settlement was safe and secure. Montana helped with that process, but it was Nemo who went way above and beyond the call in finding a financial institution to use for the restricted account. There were some glitches in that process but Nemo helped navigate them with a calm expertise which belies his age. I would consider them both great representatives of the level of commitment to their clients and assets to their firm.
I tried a few previous law firms and none would take my car accident case with confidence they could get my anything. Phillips law group took my case and although it took around 4 years to get this case settled as I was in treatment, they never let up with insurance adjusters and they got me as much money as possible. They worked hard for me and advocated for me. Shoutout to key individuals who worked my case nonstop of the years, Robert Ross & Jasmine, you are AMAZING!