Tucson Securities Litigation Lawyer
When a customer invests money with a financial institution, he or she expects the professionals handling the investment to give a complete and accurate accounting of how the money is being invested and gains and losses in the customer’s account. If the broker or financial institution fails to uphold this duty, the customer may be eligible to pursue a claim to recover compensation for losses.
The attorneys at Phillips Law Group have many years of combined experience advocating for the rights of consumers. We have represented more than 155,000 consumer clients and won millions in settlements and verdicts on their behalf. Our attorneys have extensive knowledge of how to build detailed claims, including investigating and gathering evidence.
We invite you to take advantage of our free consultation to discuss the details of your claim. If you have a case and we represent you, you pay us nothing unless we recover damages for you.
Free Consultation. Ph: 1-800-706-3000.
When it May be Necessary to File a Securities Lawsuit
Securities litigation lawsuits are typically filed when there is a breach of fiduciary duty if a broker or financial manager provides false information – or even valid information that is intentionally misleading – to a client or shareholder.
Some of the common examples of providing misinformation or breaching fiduciary duty include:
- Backdating stock options – Changing an original stock option grant date for a fast profit is unlawful if a financial institution or broker does not tell an investor about it, or if the transaction is not properly documented.
- Failing to meet estimates – This happens when there are unexpected events that were not accurately forecast by the institution and these events cause a significant reduction in a stock price.
- Earnings restatement – It is against the law to amend financial statements in a way that misleads an investor about a company the broker is investing in.
- Investment fraud – This includes any type of deceptive investment scheme, including insider trading, market manipulation, pyramid schemes, advance fee fraud or Ponzi schemes.
- Churning – This happens when a broker purposely and excessively buys and sells to try to increase his or her earned commissions. This often reduces the amount of money an investor makes because of extra fees.
- Broker negligence – This is when a broker increases the risk of financial harm to an investor by neglecting to recommend investments that not only are reasonably appropriate, but also disclose the truth about all pertinent details, including potential penalties.
- Late day trading - Recording trades that happened after the close of a day’s market trading is illegal.
- Market timing – Attempting to manipulate future market price movements by buying and selling financial assets is an example of a breach of fiduciary duty.
- Proxy solicitations – This refers to a shareholder abusing the privilege to appoint someone else to vote at corporate meetings on his or her behalf.
- Failure to supervise – There can be more opportunities for securities violations and other acts of fraud when there is a lack of proper supervision, insufficient training, or both.
If you suspect a broker’s unethical or fraudulent actions caused you financial harm, contact a Tucson securities litigation lawyer at Phillips Law Group. We welcome the opportunity to help and are prepared to review the details of your situation.
We accept securities litigation cases on contingency, so if we represent you, there are no upfront fees. We do not collect any money unless we recover damages on your behalf.
Get started today by filling out our Free Case Evaluation form online.
Do You Have a Valid Case?
There are many ways a securities violation or fraudulent act can occur, but before we can determine that you may have a case, we need to understand the specific details of your situation. Securities litigation lawsuits are often complex, requiring the skills of an attorney who has the knowledge and in-depth understanding of investing and the fiduciary duties of brokers and financial institutions.
At Phillips Law Group, we have decades of experience gained from over 27 years of representing consumers. We recognize that you may have concerns and unanswered questions about your potential case.
To learn more about the securities litigation process and how we may be able to help, call: 1-800-706-3000
How Can You Benefit from Hiring a Securities Litigation Lawyer?
Easy access to financial markets makes it possible for stocks and other financial commodities to be bought and traded at lightning speed, which means that clients can also suffer significant financial losses just as quickly.
At Phillips Law Group, our lawyers are prepared to help you regain losses that occurred because of a broker or financial institution’s security violations in which you were purposely misled about an investment.
We have handled many types of financial matters before the SEC, state and federal courts, including matters involving the following types of financial investments:
- Hedge funds
- Structure projects
- COOs, CMOs and other type of mortgage-backed securities
Our attorneys are also trial lawyers with extensive experience representing clients in court. Our founding partner - Jeff Phillips – has been lead counsel in more than 40 jury trials and has been recognized by numerous legal organizations and associations, including being selected as one of the “Best Attorneys of America.”
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Tucson Securities Litigation Lawyer
Phillips Law Group’s team of award-winning attorneys and support staff, including paralegals and investigators, is ready to assist victims of securities fraud. If necessary, we can consult industry experts to help review the details of your claim and establish the value of your losses due to securities fraud.
Learn more about how we may be able to help you by completing our "Free Case Evaluation" form or by calling our office at 1-800-706-3000.
In a completely free initial consultation, you can talk to us about the merits of your claim. There is no obligation to hire us, but if we do take your case, you will not have to pay us any attorney fees. We operate on contingency, so you do not pay us unless we successfully recover damages on your behalf.
Phillips Law Group: 1-800-706-3000