Tucson DUI Accident Attorneys
When an accident is the result of an intoxicated driver, it can lead to traumatic and life-changing injuries that can put injury victims and their families in a financially devasting position. Consulting with an experienced attorney can be an important step when thinking about taking legal action.
That is why you should consult with an experienced Tucson DUI accident attorney to learn about your potential legal options. Our attorneys at Phillips Law Group have over 27 years of experience helping our clients obtain fair compensation against the negligent parties liable for their injuries.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a car accident involving a drunk or impaired driver, contact our firm for a free, no obligation consultation. Let us review your situation and determine if you may be eligible to recover damages. We work on a contingency fee basis, so there are no upfront costs or attorneys’ fees. We only get paid if we successfully help you obtain compensation.
Do I Have a Case?
Determining if you have a viable case depends on many factors and is difficult to do without the legal guidance of an experienced lawyer. In order to develop a case, you and your attorney must prove the four elements of negligence. If these elements exist, you may be able to pursue compensation for the damages you incurred. These include the following:
- Duty of care – This means the at-fault driver had a legal obligation to act in a reasonable manner that would prevent harm to you and others on the road.
- Breach of duty of care – This means that the at-fault party failed to uphold his or her legal obligation by acting in a negligent or careless manner. Typically, another person in a similar position would have handled the situation differently.
- Causation – The at-fault party’s breach of duty of care must have directly caused you to suffer an injury, and had it not been for his or her actions, you would not have been harmed.
- Damages – It must be proven that because of the at-fault party’s breach of duty of care, you suffered damages like medical expenses or property damage.
Depending on your circumstances, it may be possible to seek legal compensation from the bar or restaurant the driver was coming from. This is covered under Arizona’s dram shop law and is something our legal team may need to review to establish the details of your potential case.
To understand the laws that may apply to your situation, we recommend contacting a licensed Tucson DUI accident lawyer from Phillips Law Group. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and can offer you a free consultation when it is most convenient for you.
How Much is My Case Worth?
DUI accidents are often the result of some of the most severe and deadly accidents. The injuries sustained from these types of accidents may put a victim in an uncomfortable financial situation with medical bills piling up and missing an extensive amount of working days to recover.
If we represent you, our Tucson DUI accident attorneys may be able to seek compensation for the damages you have suffered. This could include both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are the financial losses you experienced from the accident. It is important to keep track of receipts and other documents relating to your accident to prove these losses, such as:
- Medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Ambulance costs
- Medical assistive equipment
- Prescription medication
- Lab tests
- Loss of income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Rehabilitation costs
- Cost of surgery
- Property damage
- Funeral and burial costs
These damages are more difficult to prove as they do not have a specific monetary value, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Not all DUI accidents are the same, so it is important that you reach out our legal team about the possible value of your damages by scheduling a free consultation.
If you have questions, we are available to answer them anytime. Ph: 1-800-706-3000.
How Long Do I Have to Take Legal Action?
In Arizona, DUI accident victims typically have two years from the date of the accident to take legal action for a personal injury. In the unfortunate event that a DUI accident causes a wrongful death, the statute of limitations mandates that the time limit to file a claim is two years from the date of the death. Failure to file within the designated deadline could result in your claim being dismissed.
However, every single case is unique. We encourage that you reach out to an attorney from our firm if you are unsure if your time to file has passed. We are ready to guide you throughout the process.
How Can a Lawyer from Phillips Law Group Help?
The Tucson DUI accident lawyers from Phillips Law Group have in-depth knowledge of Arizona drunk driving and traffic laws that may apply to you. Our firm has represented many injury victims and their families in Pima County and statewide, recovering millions in compensation on their behalf.
Should you have a case and decide to move forward, our attorneys are prepared to conduct a detailed investigation of the accident by gathering evidence, speaking to witnesses, reviewing the at-fault driver’s driving history, and utilizing medical experts to support the severity of your injuries.
We actively deal with insurance companies and how to they may try to get victims to settle quickly in an effort save themselves money with a lowball offer. We know how to combat these tactics while keeping our clients informed throughout the entire legal process, so they know what to expect.
We understand that this may be a tough time on your finances and do not ask you to pay upfront fees for our services. We only get paid if we are successful in obtaining compensation for you.
Speak to an experienced attorney from our firm today by calling 1-800-706-3000.
Common Types of DUI Accidents and Injuries
DUI accidents cause some of the most dangerous accidents on the road. These include:
- Wrong way accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Head-on accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
These types of accidents typically lead to severe injuries that may require extensive medical treatment and a long recovery period. Injuries may include:
- Knee injuries
- Chest injuries
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Head injuries
- Leg injuries
If you or someone you know has been involved in an accident caused by a drunk driver, do not hesitate to get legal help from reputable Tucson DUI accident attorney.
Steps to Take After an Accident
After a DUI accident, there are several steps you can take to protect yourself. These steps may also be vital in strengthening the value of your personal injury claim. Some of these steps include:
- Calling 9-1-1 – It is important to contact the authorities to report the accident. The authorities will dispatch paramedics to attend to the injured. They will also send out law enforcement to file an accident report and make arrests and issue citations.
- Seeking immediate medical attention – Your health is very important. Even if your injuries seem minor on the surface, it is imperative to visit the hospital or see your doctor as soon as possible to assess your condition. Doing this can also help link your injuries to the accident.
- Capturing photos at the scene – If you are able, take pictures of the accident, your injuries, any vehicle damage, skid mars, road debris and anything else you think is relevant. These photos can be used as evidence to help support your claim.
- Gathering witness information – Witnesses can give a clear picture of how the accident took place. Ask witnesses for their statement and be sure to collect their contact information in case your lawyer needs to verify their statement.
Contact a Tucson DUI Accident Attorney for a Free Consultation Today
The aftermath of an accident can be just as traumatic as the accident itself. That is why it is important to have the right legal team on your side. If you have a viable case, our lawyers are prepared to handle all the legal aspects of your case so that you can focus on your recovery.
At Phillips Law Group, we have represented more than 155,000 clients and recovered more than $750 million in compensation. We are ready to review your situation during a free consultation.
We are available by phone, online or you can visit our office in Tucson, located at One South Church Avenue, Twelfth Floor. We are less than a 10-minute drive from Interstate 10.
Call 1-800-706-3000 to get started.