Tucson Burn Injury Lawyers
You may be eligible to file a claim for damages from your burn injury, including the cost of current and future treatment, your pain and suffering, and lost wages. However, it is important to discuss your injury with a licensed attorney to determine if you may have a viable case.
The Tucson burn injury lawyers at Phillips Law Group are available to talk about your situation and answer your questions. We understand how damaging a burn injury can be, both physically and financially. Our firm has represented more than 155,000 injury victims throughout Arizona, recovering more than $750 million in compensation. We obtained $325,000 for an injury victim with second and third-degree burns.
The initial consultation with a licensed attorney is free, and there are no upfront fees if you have a case and hire us to represent you. Our attorneys do not get paid unless they recover compensation.
You can contact the firm anytime, 24/7: 1-800-706-3000
Am I Eligible to File a Burn Injury Claim?
Generally, burn injury victims must prove their injury resulted from another person’s negligence. There are four elements of negligence your attorney must establish:
- There was a duty of care owed to the victim by the at-fault party. The at-fault party was required to behave reasonably to help prevent you from suffering an injury. A common example of a duty of care is a product manufacturer’s duty to design and produce products that are safe for their intended use.
- The duty of care was not upheld because of the at-fault party’s reckless actions or failure to act. If a hair dryer malfunctioned and burned you, you may have a case for negligence against the manufacturer.
- Your injuries are directly tied to the negligence of the at-fault party. You must be able to show your injuries would not have occurred without the breach of the duty of care.
- The injury must have resulted in damages, such as medical expenses for treatment, lost wages from missed time at work, or pain and suffering.
Proving negligence is a complex task that requires an in-depth investigation. The Tucson burn injury lawyers at Phillips Law Group have the resources and experience to thoroughly investigate personal injury cases.
Schedule your free consultation at Phillips Law Group: 1-800-706-3000
What Might My Case be Worth?
If you can prove your burn injury resulted from another’s negligence, you may be able to pursue compensation for the physical, financial and emotional damages you have suffered. These may include the cost of:
- Surgical procedures, like skin grafts
- Pain medication
- Appointments with doctors
- Lost wages from missed time at work
- Permanent disfigurement
- Lost earning capacity if you can no longer work in the same job as you did previously
- Physical pain
- Emotional suffering (depression, lost sleep, anxiety, etc.)
The value of an injury claim depends on the specific details of the injury and how it affects the victim, both now and in the future. This is something you can discuss with one of our qualified Tucson burn injury attorneys.
Burn injuries can create a financial crisis for victims and their families. You could face long-term treatment and emotional and psychological issues that could affect you for years to come. Our attorneys factor in these kinds of details when attempting to find the value of an injury claim.
How a Lawyer Can Help
Our attorneys guide clients through each step of the legal process. After a serious injury, such as a first, second or third-degree burn, victims need to be able to focus on their health and recovery. This is why many injury victims hire attorneys to represent them and handle the legal process.
Another benefit to having an experienced attorney is that you may end up recovering more compensation than if you tried to go it alone. Those who hire attorneys often recover more than those who do not.
If you are contacted by an insurance company, which often happens after a personal injury, you can refer him or her to your lawyer. The attorneys at Phillips Law Group are experienced dealing with insurance companies and know the tricks they try to use to devalue claims.
Our attorneys are here to help and provide answers to your questions.
Common Burn Injury Accidents
Burn injuries are often a result of accidents at work caused by fires or explosions. Burn injuries can also occur in motor vehicle accidents.
However, statistics show most deaths that occur because of fires happen at home. Some of the most common causes of these fires include:
- Kitchen fires
- Faulty wiring
- Smoking in bedrooms
- Portable heaters
- Overheating appliances
Product manufacturers, property owners and landlords could all potentially have liability for burn injury accidents.
We offer a free legal consultation for burn injury victims. 1-800-706-3000
Degrees of Burn Injuries
Burns are categorized by type and severity. There are various types of burns, including:
- Friction burns: These often happen in motor vehicle accidents, like motorcycle accidents. These are often associated with road rash.
- Chemical burns: Chemicals like acids and solvents can burn when they touch the skin.
- Electrical burns: These could happen in the workplace because of faulty wiring. These could happen at home because of a malfunctioning appliance.
- Thermal burns: These can be caused by hot liquids. Steam can also cause thermal burns.
Burns are classified in degrees according to their severity:
- First-degree – These may not require medical treatment and may heal on their own after a week or two. They appear like a severe sunburn.
- Second-degree – These penetrate below the outer layer of skin and may take several weeks to heal. Victims may have painful blisters while the burn heals.
- Third-degree – These penetrate below the outer and inner layer of skin and can damage tissue, muscle and bone. There can be extensive scarring and these injuries can take months to heal. Victims may also need skin grafts, which put them at risk for bleeding and infection when doctors remove healthy skin from other areas of the body and place it over the damaged skin.
The damage from a burn injury can be life-changing, including permanent scarring and disfigurement and long-term pain.
Call a Tucson Burn Injury Lawyer for Legal Assistance
If you believe your burn injury was caused by another’s negligence, such as the negligence of a product manufacturer, you may have grounds for taking legal action. You can discuss the situation with a trusted attorney from Phillips Law Group in a free legal consultation.
At Phillips Law Group, we have been giving a voice to injury victims for almost 30 years. We have helped more than 155,000 clients and obtained hundreds of millions in compensation. Founder Jeffrey Phillips is a member of the National Trial Lawyers Association – Top 100 and has been lead counsel in more than 40 jury trials.
Learn more about how we may be able to assist you by scheduling your free, no-obligation legal consultation. There is no obligation to take legal action if you have a case and our attorneys do not charge any upfront fees.
Philllips Law Group welcomes the opportunity to help: 1-800-706-3000