Scottsdale Slip and Fall Attorneys
Every day, people slip and fall. Many of these accidents may not seem serious, but they can lead to extensive, life-altering injuries. When a slip and fall accident is caused by a property owner’s negligence, victims may have a right to file a claim for the damages they have suffered.
Working with a licensed Scottsdale slip and fall attorney can be an important part of the recovery process. Our legal team at Phillips Law Group can see if you may have a case based on the particular circumstances surrounding your fall. Our firm has helped recover more than $750 million in compensation for our clients. This includes a $2.25 million dollar settlement for a slip and fall victim that suffered a fractured femur.
To learn if you have a valid slip and fall claim, contact us to schedule a free consultation. We charge no upfront fees and all of our services are provided on a contingency fee basis, so you never pay us anything unless we secure compensation on your behalf. We are available 24/7 to take your call or chat online.
Call 1-800-706-3000 to find out how we can help you.
Do I Have a Slip and Fall Case?
Slip and fall cases can be difficult to establish liability, which is why we recommended that you retain the services of an experienced lawyer from our firm. Typically, you must prove that there was a dangerous condition on the property that caused you to slip and fall and the property owner was negligent in how he or she handled the condition.
In Arizona, you do not necessarily have to prove that the property owner knew about the dangerous condition to have a valid claim. If you can prove that the property owner should have known about the problem, you may still be able to establish the elements of your claim.
Property owners are expected to take reasonable steps to ensure that their property is safe. However, what is considered “reasonable” will depend on the visitor’s legal status on the property and the circumstances surrounding the claim. The possible legal status and the duty the property owner owes visitors include:
An invitee is someone the owner invites onto the property, usually for a business purpose or financial gain. For instance, this could be a customer visiting a retail or grocery store. Property owners have an obligation to exercise reasonable care to keep the premises safe, especially for invitees.
A licensee is someone who has legal permission to be on the property, usually for mutual benefit like a social guest. Property owners have a legal duty to warn licensees about non-obvious, known dangerous conditions that could be harmful.
A trespasser is someone who is on the property without permission. Typically, property owners are only obligated to not try to intentionally harm trespassers. However, there may be exceptions. For instance, children trespassers are usually considered to be less aware of potential dangers and may be given greater protection under the law.
Our dedicated Scottsdale slip and fall attorneys can review your situation to determine your legal status at the time of the incident and what the property owner’s legal duty was to you.
What is the Value of My Claim?
This is a question that depends on the specifics of a case. Our Scottsdale slip and fall lawyers can evaluate your damages and give you an estimate of the potential value of your claim during a free consultation.
Some damages you may be able to receive compensation for include:
- Medical expenses – This includes major costs like surgery or hospital stays, as well as follow-up treatment, rehabilitation, prescription medications, imaging tests and the purchase of assistive devices like crutches or a wheelchair.
- Lost income – This includes the wages you lost while you were recovering from the accident and when you were at medical appointments. Some slip and fall incidents result in spinal cord injuries or other serious injuries that prevent you from ever returning to work. If this is the case, you may be able to receive compensation for lost earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering – These damages include your physical pain and suffering, your mental anguish, anxiety and fear.
Give us a call at 1-800-706-3000 for you free consultation.
Time Limit for Filing a Slip and Fall Claim
In Arizona, the statute of limitations for most personal injury cases, including slip and falls, is generally within two years from the date of the accident. If you fail to file before the deadline, you could lose out on being able to take legal action and recover compensation.
However, there may be times when the deadline is sooner or later. For instance, if the claim is against the government, you may need to file the claim much faster. If a minor slipped and fell, he or she usually has two years from the minor’s 18th birthday to file a claim.
We recommend that you contact our knowledgeable attorneys as soon as possible so that we can file your claim before the applicable deadline passes.
Why Should I Hire a Slip and Fall Attorney?
Handling a slip and fall case is no simple task. It involves several steps, including:
- Investigating the accident
- Gathering evidence related to the incident, such as photos or videos, medical records, business records and witness statements
- Evaluating the evidence to identify all responsible parties
- Identifying insurance policies that apply to the case
- Filing an insurance claim with the appropriate insurance company
- Establishing an accurate value of the damages
- Negotiating a fair settlement
Our experienced Scottsdale slip and fall attorneys at Phillips Law Group take care of these tasks on a daily basis. Let us guide you throughout the entire legal process so you can focus on your health and recovery.
Complete our Free Case Evaluation form now so we can get started.
Where Slips and Falls Happen
Our lawyers are prepared to take legal action on your behalf if you fell in a commercial establishment or in a residence. Slips and falls commonly occur in a variety of locations, including:
- Private homes
- Grocery stores
- Hotels and motels
- Small businesses
- Apartment complexes
- Office buildings
- Large retail establishments
- Fine dining establishments
- Department stores
- Public parks and playgrounds
- Hospitals and medical clinics
- Sporting events
- Movie theaters
- Parking lots
What Causes Slips and Falls?
Slips and falls are often caused by a dangerous condition that has existed on the property for some time. These accidents may be the result of:
- Wet or slippery floors caused by spilled liquids or food
- Uneven surfaces, such as a sudden change between one flooring type and another
- Stairs that are not built to code, have broken steps or no handrails
- Insufficient lighting that prevents the visitor from noticing the hazard
- Poorly maintained flooring, such as ripped or torn carpeting or broken floor tile
If you have a case and decide to move forward, we will conduct a thorough investigation into your claim and handle all communications with the insurance company on your behalf to fight for just compensation.
Call a Scottsdale Slip and Fall Attorney Today
Our trusted Scottsdale slip and fall attorney can manage every step of your claim and provide you with peace of mind during this difficult time. At Phillips Law Group, we are prepared to do everything possible to ensure you receive maximum compensation for the injuries you have suffered.
Our legal team has recovered millions in compensation for Arizona residents with more than 27 years of legal experience. Founder Jeffrey Phillips is an active member of the American Academy of Trial Attorneys.
We are available 24 hours a talk to talk over the phone or chat online. There are no upfront fees involved. We do not charge you for our services unless we help you win.
Our main office is located less than a half hour from the iconic Scottsdale Plaza Resort.
Call 1-800-706-3000 to learn more about your legal options.