Prescott Wrongful Death Lawyers | Phillips Law Group
When you unexpectedly lose a loved one it may be difficult knowing how to move forward from such a tragic event. It is especially difficult when your loved one passes away because of someone else’s negligence or carelessness. You may have legal options and be eligible to pursue financial compensation for this unfortunate circumstance.
Our Prescott wrongful death attorneys at Phillips Law Group understand that no amount of money can fill the void of losing a loved one. However, we may be able to help you recover funeral and burial costs along with the pain and suffering your family has endured. Our firm has helped secure over $1 billion in compensation in our 27 years of service. We helped a family obtain $4,000,000 for losing a loved one in a car crash caused by a defective tire.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss your situation with us during a 100 percent free, no obligation consultation. If you choose to move forward with our firm, we do not charge lawyers’ fees or upfront costs. This is because we work on a contingency fee basis, which means that we only get paid if we help you recover fair compensation.
Am I Eligible to Pursue Compensation?
To be able to pursue compensation for damages, you will need to prove that your loved one’s death was caused by the negligence of another person.
There are four elements of negligence in a wrongful death claim:
- Duty of care ”“ This establishes that the at-fault party had a legal obligation to act in a reasonable manner to prevent your loved one harm. For example, drivers have a duty to follow traffic laws to ensure the safety of themselves and others on the road.
- Breach of duty of care ”“ This element determines that the at-fault party failed to act in a reasonable manner. For instance, if a driver runs a red light, he or she failed his or her legal duty by risking the safety of others.
- Causation ”“ This establishes that there is a direct link between the at-fault party’s negligent behavior and your loved one’s death. Your loved one would not have been killed were it not for the at-fault party’s careless actions or failure to act.
- Damages ”“ In the last element, you must establish that you suffered financial losses, like funeral costs and emotional trauma as a result of your loved one’ death.
It can be very difficult to prove negligence without the help of an experienced Prescott wrongful death attorney by your side. We are ready to review your claim anytime, 24/7.
Give us a call today to set up a free consultation. 1-800-706-3000 .
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
In Arizona, there are certain individuals who typically have grounds to file a wrongful death claim. These could include the following:
- The surviving spouse
- The surviving children
- The surviving parent or legal guardian
- The legal representative of the deceased’s estate
What Is the Value of My Case?
Every case is different so our legal team will not know the full value of your potential case until we review the specifics of your situation. Generally, there are two categories of damages available in a wrongful death claim:
Economic damages are the financial losses you have experienced since your loved one’s death. These are easy to determine because they have a dollar value that can be proven with receipts and other documents and could include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Your loved one’s medical expenses prior to death
- Lost wages your loved one would have earned
- Property damages
Non-economic damages reflect the pain and suffering you and your family have suffered since your loved one’s death. These are harder to calculate because they have no monetary value and could include:
- Loss of care
- Loss of guidance
- Loss of companionship
- Emotional distress
If you have questions about the value of your potential case, it is in your best interest to speak to one of our qualified Prescott wrongful death lawyers for legal help.
Is There a Time Limit to File a Claim?
In Arizona, wrongful death claims must typically be filed within two years from the date of your loved one’s death. This is mandated under Arizona’s statute of limitations. Missing the deadline may result in your claim being dismissed and being unable to seek compensation.
However, there could be certain exceptions that pertain to your claim. This is why we encourage that you reach out to our legal team to better understand your legal options.
We can be contacted anytime, day or night, at 1-800-706-3000 .
How Can a Lawyer From Phillips Law Group Help?
Our lawyers at Phillips Law Group have a proven track record recovering millions in wrongful death claims for our clients, including a $4,500,000 recovery for a family who lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident. If we represent you, we are prepared to handle the following:
- Thoroughly investigate the accident that caused your loved one’s death
- Gather evidence to support your claim for compensation
- Handle all communications and negotiations with the insurance company
- Calculate a fair value for your claim based on the losses you have suffered
- Guide you throughout the entire complicated legal process
”¦. And much more.
We can further discuss how our firm may be able to help you during a free consultation.
Common Types of Wrongful Death
Unfortunately, fatal accidents happen every day. Some of the most common wrongful death claims our firm handles includes:
- Car accidents ”“ The road is often a dangerous place and can lead to many unexpected deaths, especially when motorists are driving recklessly or carelessly.
- Motorcycle accidents ”“ Since motorcycles have little protection to shield riders in the event of an accident with larger vehicles, any injuries sustained can be fatal.
- Defective products ”“ We often trust the products we buy, but something as simple as a poorly labeled drug or defective tire can have fatal consequences.
- Medical malpractice ”“ Medical errors can be fatal, such as when a doctor fails to diagnose an illness or administers the wrong medication dosage to a patient.
- Workplace accidents ”“ While these accidents can occur in any industry, there are certain occupations that are riskier than others like industrial work, construction and some forms of labor work. These jobs are prone to accidents that are often deadly.
Contact an Experienced Prescott Wrongful Death Attorney to Learn More
Dealing with a loved one’s death can be extremely difficult and it may be hard to imagine pursuing legal action during this time. This is why we are here to help. Our dedicated team is prepared to fight for full compensation for the damages you and your family have suffered.
In our 27 years of service, our attorneys at Phillips Law Group have successfully represented thousands of clients and obtained millions of dollars in total compensation. We invite you to discuss your claim with us in a free consultation. You will not be charged any upfront fees. We only get paid if we help you recover compensation on behalf of your loved one’s death.
Call us at 1-800-706-3000 find out how we may be able to help.
Free Case Evaluation
Your message has been sent
Thank you for your message, we will get back to you soon.
Phillips Law Group has a proven track record of success. Juan Roque, in particular, is integral to that. He works with integrity, compassion, and an undefeated optimism that makes him a valuable asset.
Working at Phillips Law Group has been a blessing from the beginning for me and I am extremely thankful to work for a firm that values their employees so much. Here I believe we are a huge family of hard working people that can bring a sense of comfort to our client’s lives in times of hardships, stress and chaos. From intake to Settlement we strive to provide the best customer care to all of our wonderful clients. With a 4.8 rating and over 1100+ star reviews on Google no surprise our firm is extremely well known for the quality of work we do!! #teamPLG!!
I’ve been working at Phillips Law Group for nearly four years and I can confidently say this is the best personal injury firm in Arizona to work for. The firm is the best for numerous reasons but to start, Phillips Law Group gives employees opportunities for promotions and growth. I started working within the settlement department, moved to a paralegal assistant and grew to be a pre-litigation paralegal with my own case load. Each attorney I have worked for is extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and easy to talk to. Secondly, I love how Phillips Law shows appreciation for employees. They host Friday Zoom Huddles giving out PTO, goodie bags, special shout outs, bonuses and gift cards. They also host extravagant holiday parties and fun contests during the Holidays! Lastly, the firm cares about giving back to the community, which is a trait I value as well. It’s rewarding to see a fast paced firm taking time out of their busy day to pay it forward. I would highly recommend working at Phillips Law Group!
It’s an Honor and a Privilege to work for a company that cares about its employees and clients for 12 years. I’ve seen Management go out of their way to help someone whether it’s a personal matter or work related. I am also reminded of many occasions where a Client needed urgent help and we as a Team were able to get the person immediate assistance. At Phillips Law we make that happen through Teamwork and a dedication to our profession. I’ve had numerous jobs in several other fields, those were just jobs. This is a home. Many of us have been here for quite a few years, it feels like one large extended family.
Phillips Law Group provides a collaborative environment in which both attorneys and staff work together to achieve the best outcome for clients. As an attorney here at PLG, I’m lucky to be surrounded by seasoned attorneys and knowledgeable staff that share my enthusiasm for helping accident victims. The team here at PLG treats clients with respect and empathy while fighting hard to get the results they deserve.
Jon Jamieson was amazing to work with . He came through with all of his promises.
They knew exactly how to explain the case to me in a way that I would understand it. They gave me hope that my life wasn’t over.
Positive: Professionalism, Quality, Responsiveness, Value As someone who is familiar with the inner workings of the auto insurance industry I can whole heartedly endorse Steven J. Jones and Phillips law group as someone I would want on my side should litigation take place. They handled my case professionally, honestly, and with satisfactory results which I would not have expected without enlisting their help.
My review is for Kathy Hudson a legal assistant at the law firm. She is great! She is very professional and a fair based person. She was never rude to me and always called me back. She listened to me and had my best interest as number 1. Mr Nasir who is a supervisor at law firm also was very professional and helpful. Not sure if spelling his name correctly but sorry if not. As far as mr Ross and the lady that runs the front desk reception I would say they are the most unprofessional and rude people I have met at a law firm in my life especially beings they were representing me. But Kathy made it overall a better experience. Thx Kathy.