Peoria Truck Accident Attorney | Phillips Law Group
Truck accident victims often sustain severe injuries that cause ongoing physical, emotional and financial suffering. The empowerment of understanding your rights and legal options for holding liable parties accountable can often be a big step of the total recovery process.
At Phillips Law Group, we see firsthand the devastating results that victims and their families suffer after a serious truck accident. We have a proven track record of recovering more than $1 billion in damages for clients in Maricopa, Yavapai and other counties throughout the state of Arizona. Our firm’s founding partner Jeffrey Phillips is a Top 10 member of the Trucking Trial Lawyers Association, an organization that selects its members by invite only.
Our Peoria truck accident lawyers offer a free consultation to review your potential claim and provide answers to your legal questions. There is no obligation to proceed, but if you do, you can retain our services with no upfront costs. We work on a contingency fee basis, so we only get paid if you do.
Learn more about the services we provide. Call 1-800-706-3000 .
Am I Eligible To File a Truck Accident Case?
Our attorneys need to understand the specifics of the crash as well as the extent of the injuries you have suffered before determining whether you may have a case. Since truck accidents are a type of personal injury claim, there are four elements of negligence that you and your attorney must prove. This includes:
- Establishing the responsible party had a legal duty to prevent harm against you or others
- Proving that the responsible party violated his or her duty of care by not taking steps to avoid dangerous actions as a reasonable person would have done in a similar situation
- Linking your injuries directly to the responsible party’s breach of duty of care, which would have not otherwise happened
- Showing evidence of measurable damages resulting from your injuries, such as medical expenses and loss of income
Our Peoria truck accident lawyers at Phillips Law Group have extensive knowledge and experience building strong cases on behalf of our clients to obtain fair compensation for any injuries endured.
Complete ourFree Case Evaluation formto get started.
What Is The Value of My Truck Accident Case?
Truck accidents are often serious in nature because the force of impact is increased due to the massive size and weight of a commercial vehicle. The injuries sustained are often life-altering and involve ongoing medical care. However, before calculating an accurate value of your potential case, we need to assess:
- The type and extent of the injuries you suffered
- The actions of the responsible party
- What damages can be proven
- Whether you share liability for your injuries
After a free consultation with our legal team about the unique circumstances of your accident and the injuries you sustained, some of the damages you may be eligible to recover include:
- Property damages
- Past, current and future medical care
- Emergency services at the time of crash
- Surgical interventions
- Physical therapy and other related medical treatments
- Loss of income
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Our qualified Peoria truck accident lawyers know how to investigate all potential sources of compensation to help you recover the damages you suffered in an accident.
Who May Be Held Liable In A Truck Accident?
While liability may often fall on the truck driver for causing an accident, there are other parties who may also share some responsibility for your injuries. These parties could include:
- Owner of the truck”“ If it is discovered that a truck was operating on the road in an unsafe condition, and a mechanical problem contributed to the accident, the truck owner may share liability for not properly maintaining the vehicle.
- Trucking company”“ The driver’s employer can be held liable if the company did not provide sufficient training, verify the driver had proper certification or internally pushed him or her to work longer hours than permitted by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
- Maintenance company”“ There could be some liability if a mechanical malfunction contributed to the crash, and responsibility for upkeep or repair was outsourced to a maintenance company.
- Manufacturers”“ If the truck or its parts, such as brakes or one of the tires, failed to operate properly and helped to cause the accident, the manufacturer may share liability.
- Cargo-loading companies”“ Third party companies are sometimes responsible for loading cargo onto trucks. If the cargo is not properly loaded or secured with regard to weight and balance, the cargo-loading company could be liable for an accident.
Call Phillips Law Group anytime. Our phone lines are open 24/7. 1-800-706-3000 .
How Long Do I Have To File A Claim?
Arizona’s statute of limitationsdefines the filing period allotted to accident victims who are considering filing a personal injury claim. That deadline is typically just two years from the date of the accident. If you miss the filing deadline, you may lose your right to pursue compensation for your damages.
As in most states, there are some exceptions to the general filing rule, including the possibility of having to file significantly sooner. This is why we recommend that you do not delay seeking legal advice to find out what statute of limitations applies in your situation.
Industry Regulations That May Apply To Your Case
The FMCSA has multiple regulations that trucking companies, commercial truck drivers, and other trucking industry parties are required to adhere to, including:
- Maximum size and weight ”“ Commercial trucks must not exceed the federal size and weight limits for traveling on Arizona interstate highways or secondary roads without obtaining a permit.
- Hours of service rules ”“ Outlines the maximum consecutive hours a driver may operate a vehicle consecutively before he or she is required to rest.
- Drug and alcohol testing schedules ”“ Truck drivers are required to undergo drug and alcohol screenings when hired, randomly throughout their employment and in the event of an accident.
How Hiring An Attorney May Be Beneficial
The legal process can be complex and time-consuming to handle on your own. Although there is no guarantee of success in hiring an attorney, those who do often recover more compensation.
Our legal team understands all the potential sources available to truck accident victims. If you have a case and we represent you, we are prepared to help you with the following:
- Thoroughly investigate your accident
- Help to preserve supportive evidence
- Examine your medical records
- Handle all communications with the insurance company and other third parties
- Accurately calculate your claim’s value to help ensure you receive fair compensation
Additionally, we are prepared to advise you on how you can properly record the progress of your injuries, document your medical costs, and keep you fully informed about the progress of your case.
While most cases settle without going to court, our Peoria truck accident attorneys at Phillips Law Group are ready to go to trial on your behalf, if necessary.
Get started today by calling our firm at 1-800-706-3000 .
Immediate Steps Following A Truck Accident
After a truck accident, the most important focus is safety. Check to see if you or any passengers are injured, and immediately call 9-1-1 to get first responders on the scene as soon as possible.
Other important first steps include:
- Take pictures of the accident scene, your injuries, property damage and road debris
- Seek immediate medical treatment to ensure you are properly examined and treated for injuries, including those that may be internal and unseen
- Avoid posting anything on social media about the accident, as it can hurt a potential claim later
Contacting the police and getting a medical examination, regardless of whether you are aware of any visible wounds, helps to ensure you have official records that link your injuries to the accident, which can help you if you decide to take legal action.
Contact a Peoria Truck Accident Attorney For Help
At Phillips Law Group, we handle a variety of truck accident cases and we are committed to protecting the rights and best interests of the clients we represent. We encourage you to schedule a free consultation with a member of our legal team to review your situation and discuss the legal options available to you.
We provide our services on contingency, so there are no upfront fees to represent you. We only collect payment if we are successful in recovering compensation on your behalf, so there is no financial risk.
Give us a call at 1-800-706-3000 to get the legal answers you need.
Free Case Evaluation
Your message has been sent
Thank you for your message, we will get back to you soon.
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
The lawyers here are of top quality. Especially Trey Dayes, who was always respectful and hard-working.
Sophia H. at Phillips Law Group has been an absolute joy to work with -quick, responsive, and professional in every interaction. Her breadth of knowledge, from administration to IT to finance, is nothing short of impressive.
I have been with Phillips Law Group for a little over a year and I have learned what teamwork and family in a workplace looks like. There is always someone around to lend a helping hand, which is something I appreciate and cherish. I feel a sense of joy coming to work every day because of my co-workers as well as being able to help people in what can be a scary and stressful situation. I currently work as a Litigation Legal Assistant with an amazing team. When I started here, I was not very knowledgeable in personal injury. I was lucky to have been placed with an amazing team who was willing to take time to teach and pass on some great skills that have been a huge aid in helping me be successful in my position. I would recommend working here at Phillips Law Group, because they care about their employees and there is so much room for growth.
Phillips Law Group provides a collaborative environment in which both attorneys and staff work together to achieve the best outcome for clients. As an attorney here at PLG, I’m lucky to be surrounded by seasoned attorneys and knowledgeable staff that share my enthusiasm for helping accident victims. The team here at PLG treats clients with respect and empathy while fighting hard to get the results they deserve.
Phillips Law Group does so much for the community!!! I especially enjoy seeing Juan Roque out there. This gentle giant always has a smile on his face and is a part of a caring and giving team.
Phillips Law Group has a proven track record of success. Juan Roque, in particular, is integral to that. He works with integrity, compassion, and an undefeated optimism that makes him a valuable asset.
Jon Jamieson was amazing to work with . He came through with all of his promises.
I’ve been working at Phillips Law Group for nearly four years and I can confidently say this is the best personal injury firm in Arizona to work for. The firm is the best for numerous reasons but to start, Phillips Law Group gives employees opportunities for promotions and growth. I started working within the settlement department, moved to a paralegal assistant and grew to be a pre-litigation paralegal with my own case load. Each attorney I have worked for is extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and easy to talk to. Secondly, I love how Phillips Law shows appreciation for employees. They host Friday Zoom Huddles giving out PTO, goodie bags, special shout outs, bonuses and gift cards. They also host extravagant holiday parties and fun contests during the Holidays! Lastly, the firm cares about giving back to the community, which is a trait I value as well. It’s rewarding to see a fast paced firm taking time out of their busy day to pay it forward. I would highly recommend working at Phillips Law Group!