Peoria Premises Liability Attorneys | Phillips Law Group
Property owners have a legal obligation to their guests to maintain a safe environment. If the property owner fails to uphold this legal duty and visitors suffer injuries, they may have the option to pursue compensation.
At Phillips Law Group, we have decades of combined experience representing more than 155,000 clients, helping them obtain millions in compensation, including $1 million after a client suffered paralysis and a broken neck and collarbone in an accident on someone else’s property.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss your premises liability claim during a free, no-obligation consultation. We can review your claim and determine if you may have a case. Our services are also provided on a contingency fee basis, so there are no upfront costs or attorney’s fees. We only get paid if we help you secure compensation for claim.
Can I Take Legal Action Over My Accident?
The first step in a premises liability claim is determining if you have a valid case and may be eligible to pursue financial compensation. This is difficult to do on your own because there are so many factors involved in these cases. That is why it is so important to hire a licensed attorney with extensive knowledge of premises liability laws.
Property owners’ obligations to visitors depend on the legal status of the visitor. There are generally three types of visitors to a property:
- Invitee ”“ An invitee is someone who has been invited on the property by the owner, usually for business purposes. For example, an invitee could be a shopper at a retail store. Property owners must take reasonable steps to remove hazardous conditions they know about or should know about to help prevent injuries to invitees. If property owners do not remove a hazardous condition, they must provide adequate warnings to invitees.
- Licensee ”“ A licensee is a social guest or another visitor who is given permission to be on the property for non-business reasons. Generally, property owners are required to inform licensees of dangers they could not be expected to know about.
- Trespasser ”“ A trespasser is a person who enters the property without permission. Property owners generally do not owe trespassers a legal duty of care and generally cannot be held liable for a trespasser’s injuries.
- Child Trespasser ”“ When a child trespasses, the property owner may still have a legal duty to take reasonable steps to prevent the child from getting hurt. For example, property owners may have an obligation to put a fence around a pool to prevent a child from trespassing and drowning in the pool.
Unsure of what your legal status was when your premises liability accident happened?
Call a trusted Peoria premises liability lawyer to discuss what happened. You can contact us 24 hours a day, seven days a week. 1-800-706-3000
What Is the Value of My Claim?
Each premises liability case is unique. Therefore, it is difficult to put an exact value on your claim by comparing it to other similar cases. The value of each claim typically depends on many details, such as the severity of your injuries and the amount of time it may take for you to heal.
If you have a case, our lawyers are prepared to pursue full compensation for both your economic and noneconomic damages.
Economic damages are the financial losses that may result from a personal injury. These damages can often be proven with receipts and other documentation, so it is important to keep track of all of this documentation after an accident.
Economic damages may include:
- Past, current and future medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Prescription medication
- Imaging/lab tests: MRI’s, x-rays, etc.
- Medical assistive equipment
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damage
These types of damages are more difficult to prove as they do not have a dollar value assigned to them. These damages refer to the physical and emotional effects of an injury, such as:
- Mental anguish
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of reputation
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Even if you share fault for the accident, you may still be able to pursue compensation because of Arizona’s comparative negligence rule. However, the amount of compensation you may be eligible to receive may be reduced by the amount of fault you share in the accident.
You can learn more about Arizona’s comparative negligence law and the potential value of your claim by reaching out to our firm.
How Much Time Do I Have to File a Claim?
In Arizona, premises liability claims generally must be filed within two years of the date of the accident. Claims must be filed before those two years pass, or they may be dismissed in court, which would mean you might no longer be able to pursue compensation for your damages.
Two years may seem like a lot of time to file a claim, but building a case takes a lot of time. That is why it is very important to speak to a licensed attorney as soon as possible. That way he or she can determine if you have a case and have enough time to investigate and file a claim before the two-year clock runs out.
There are exceptions to the two-year deadline, such as for claims against government entities. The deadline for filing a claim is something you should discuss with a licensed attorney in a free consultation. You may still have time to pursue compensation.
How an Attorney from Phillips Law Group May be Able to Help Me
Our firm has a proven track record of obtaining compensation on behalf of our clients. If you have a valid case, we are prepared to handle the following on your behalf:
- Thoroughly investigating the accident
- Collecting detailed evidence
- Gathering witness statements
- Determining the full value of your claim
- Negotiating for fair compensation
- Communicating with insurance companies
We handle the legal process on behalf of our clients so they can focus on their health and recovery.
Find out more about how we may be able to help you. Give us a call at 1-800-706-3000 .
Accident victims who hire attorneys often recover more compensation than those who do not.
Types of Premises Liability Claims Our Firm Handles
There are many different types of premises liability claims , including those that arise from:
- Slip and fall accidents ”“ These can result from torn carpet, spills on the floor, or uneven tiles, among many other causes. They can result in severe injuries that require long recovery times.
- Construction site accidents ”“ Construction sites are extremely dangerous and site managers are required to follow state and federal safety laws to keeps employees safe.
- Swimming pool accidents ”“ Property owners must keep their pools gated to prevent children from entering and potentially drowning.
- Negligent security ”“ Property owners are also expected to keep the property safe from potential criminal activity. For instance, property owners may need to install surveillance equipment and hire security guards to protect visitors.
- Dog bites ”“ Property owners are often held liable for injuries their dogs cause to others.
Contact a Peoria Premises Liability Attorney Today
Premises liability claims can be complicated because there are so many factors involved. That is why contacting a lawyer after a premises liability accident can be an important step to take.
The consultation is free and there is no obligation to take legal action. We do not get paid unless our clients receive compensation. At Phillips Law Group, we have a team of licensed attorneys, investigators, paralegals and support staff ready to launch a thorough investigation and collect detailed evidence to build a strong case.
Over more than 27 years, we have obtained more than $1 billion in compensation. Our founding partner Jeffrey Phillips is a member of the National Trial Lawyers Association ”“ Top 100 and has served as lead counsel in more than 40 jury trials.
Give us a call anytime, 24/7 to schedule a free consultation. Phone: 1-800-706-3000 .
Free Case Evaluation
Your message has been sent
Thank you for your message, we will get back to you soon.
- Auto Accidents
- Business Litigation
- Class Action Lawsuits
- Defective Drug
- Defective Products
- Employee Rights
- Employment Law
- Firm News
- Medical Malpractice
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Pedestrian Accident
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Slip and Fall
- Social Security Disability
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
I didn’t know anything about the area, and Phillips Law Group just took care of everything. They helped made sure I knew where I was going, made sure I didn’t have to worry. They literally just took care of me.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️
I enjoy my work day here at Phillips Law Group and generally speaking I love my clients. Every day brings a new client or task to keep me on my toes. Administration keeps open communication and is hilarious most of the time! I love the way we celebrate FRIDAY, holidays and birthdays and how everything is so competitive. All in all I’m so fortunate to be here and I enjoy what I do.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
I would like to send special thanks to Phillips Law Group for giving me the opportunity to be a part of the Best Law Firm here in the Valley. During these troubling times with the epidemic, Phillips Law Group has masterfully created this family-like environment while still maintaining a professional and business-like approach for all their clients. Thru impeccable leadership that is unmatched by other law firms to the Multi-diverse employment opportunities that many employees advance within the firm; Phillips Law Group has not only distanced themselves from all other competition in the Personal Injury field but also has innovatively changed the narrative of being a great law institution. From providing Employee Appreciation Day to celebrating all major Holiday including great competitive contests; Phillips Law Group has the total participation of all employees to help contribute to the continued success of this firm. So in closing I would like to thank Senior Administration (Jeffery Phillips, Eva Chiaramonte, and Tim Tonkin) along with all of my colleagues and many friends for help making Phillips Law Group a unique and wonderful place to call my place of employment for 6+ years.
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Phillips law group has an amazing staff and i recommend them to everyone.
Jeffrey Phillips is truly a brilliant attorney and businessman. I would not hesitate for a moment to contact him if I needed a personal injury attorney in Arizona, you would be fortunate to have him and his team. If you have a car accident, slip and fall in a store, or get punched in the face, call Phillips.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
My paralegal , Caroline , was on top of her game - very responsive and always answered any questions I had and in a timely manner . My attorney Rob ,was the best attorney I ever had . He explained everything in great detail and had a great sense or humor . He really knows how to bring light To tough , unfortunate situations - I would absolutely recommend them at anyone -