Peoria Personal Insurance Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
- Home / Practice Areas | Phillips Law Group / Practice Areas | Peoria /
- Peoria Personal Insurance Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
Filing an insurance claim after an accident can be an overwhelming event. Even though you paid for coverage to protect you and your family’s finances in the event of an unexpected incident, the experience may prove to be a challenging and time-consuming process. It is also important to remember that these providers are ultimately businesses who are focused more on the profitability of their company than the best outcome for one of their policyholders.
If your insurance claim was denied without a valid reason, we recommend reaching out to an experienced Peoria personal insurance lawyer for assistance.
At Phillips Law Group, our attorneys have decades of experience and have helped over 155,000 clients obtain compensation for the damages they sustained in an accident.
Contact our firm for a free consultation to discuss your potential insurance dispute claim and legal options. We are prepared to review the circumstances of your insurance claim to determine whether your provider is liable for acting in bad faith.
Call us today to set up your free consultation at 1-800-706-3000
Am I Eligible to File a Case?
The circumstances of each accident are unique, and the denial may be valid, so it is difficult to know whether your case has merit without first understanding all of the contributing factors. Our Peoria personal insurance lawyers are well-versed in the underhanded techniques insurance companies may use to try to avoid paying out on a claim, and we are prepared to help.
In a free consultation, we can determine whether your insurer acted in bad faith by:
- Failing to provide accurate updates about your claim in a timely manner
- Neglecting to properly investigate your accident claim without unnecessary delays
- Denying your claim, even though your policy indicates your accident was a covered event
- Offering lowball settlement amounts after unfairly devaluing your claim
- Neglecting to communicate details about why your claim was denied
- Failing to determine the outcome of your claim in a timely manner
In situations where an insurer did not take reasonable action to provide the fair service your policy is intended to provide, you may have a valid personal insurance dispute case.
Types of Personal Insurance Disputes We Handle
Insurance provides financial protection when unexpected events happen that would otherwise result in enormous out-of-pocket expenditures. However, when claims are unjustly denied, our firm is prepared to help investigate the following types of insurance disputes:
In Arizona, all drivers must purchase auto liability insurance with at least the minimum-required coverages of $15,000 of bodily injury for one person, and $30,000 of bodily injury for two or more persons. This type of policy also includes up to $10,000 of property damage for a single incident.
Depending on the health insurance provider, coverage may include a specified amount or percentage of the insured’s medical expenses or treatments. However, there are typically huge deductibles that must first be met. Additional coverages may provide for a portion of surgery, medical tests, rehabilitation, and prescription medication costs.
If you are unable to work due to a permanent or temporary disability, this type of insurance helps to provide a percentage of the income you were earning. If needed, it may also cover costs to renovate your home in order to better accommodate to your disability.
Life insurance often benefits the surviving family members of a decedent – or another specified beneficiary – named in the deceased person’s will. Generally, it provides for loss of income, funeral and burial costs, daily living expenses and other financial needs of the beneficiaries. However, it is important to understand loophole clauses that may limit or prevent coverage for a claim.
Long-Term Care Insurance
Long-term care insurance typically pays for items that are not covered by Medicare, Medicaid, or health insurance. These services may include hospice care, cost of nursing facilities or assisted living. However, if applicant has previously suffered a negative life event, an insurance provider may refuse to offer coverage.
Disaster insurance, also known as catastrophic risk insurance, provides for residents who suffer damages following a natural disaster, such as damage resulting from earthquakes, wild fires and flooding.
Damages to a property, such as those caused by a burglary or fire damage, are typically covered under home or rental insurance. However, it is important to read the fine print of any policy – before you agree to the terms – to make sure you know when coverage may not apply.
If your claim has been denied, we encourage you to seek out guidance from a knowledgeable Peoria personal insurance attorney to learn more about your potential rights.
We are available 24/7 to take your call: 1-800-706-3000
Common Reasons Insurance Claims Get Denied
Insurance companies may tell victims their claims are denied for multiple reasons, including:
- You did not pay your premium on time and the policy lapsed
- The condition you are pursuing compensation for is not an included coverage under your policy
- You missed reporting the claim to the insurance company within the time frame required by your policy
- Your injury is pre-existing
- You did not receive treatment at the time of the accident, so the insurance company argues that your injury was either not serious or did not exist
- The amount of your damages does not fulfill the required deductible
- A dispute over who may be liable for the sustained injury and property damages
Insurance companies often take advantage of the fact that a victim may be dealing with mounting financial stresses or simply does not have the time or expertise for building a solid claim with supportive evidence.
At Phillips Law Group, we have access to industry experts and qualified staff who are prepared to review the circumstances of your potential insurance dispute. If your insurance claim has been denied or unnecessarily delayed or devalued, find out how we may be able to help. We are available to review your situation and determine your legal options during a 100 percent free consultation.
Complete our onlinecase evaluation formtoday to get started.
How Can an Attorney from Phillips Law Group Help Me?
The legal process is often complex and time-consuming. After suffering an injury in an accident, we understand that dealing with an insurance company is that last thing you may want to do. By hiring an experienced attorney, you may benefit from an attorney who can fully manage your claim, including:
- Fully investigating the accident
- Negotiating for fair compensation for the damages you suffered
- Providing an accurate assessment of the value of your claim
- Collecting supportive evidence
- Handling all communications with the insurance company or other parties
- Provide guidance to you and your family
At Phillips Law Group, we are dedicated to protecting the legal rights of our clients. We understand that dealing with the complexities of this type of claim may be overwhelming, and we are prepared to help. We handle these types of cases every day and have a proven track record of satisfied clients.
What Is A Bad Faith Insurance Claim?
Insurance policies are designed to provide a financial safety net for the consumer in case the unexpected happens. As a consumer, you purchase these policies fully expecting to receive the coverage you paid for. However, insurance companies may sometimes use unfair tactics to try to deny or devalue even a valid claim. Arizona laws prohibit insurance companies for using tactics that can be classified as bad faith, including:
- Refusing or denying a claim before an incident has been fully investigated
- Unreasonably delaying decisions to approve or deny a claim
- Misrepresenting certain facts or provisions to the consumer about certain coverages
- Offering lowball settlements to desperate claimants in an attempt to pay less than a claim is worth
- Attempting to settle a claim without consulting with the policy holder
How to Protect Your Insurance Claim
There are certain proactive steps you can take to help protect your insurance claim, such as:
- Reviewing your insurance policy to understand your coverage terms and asking your insurance company to explain any terms you do not understand
- Researching all applicable filing or reporting deadlines mandated by your insurance company, and making sure you comply
- Seeking medical treatment and follow any treatment plan exactly as prescribed by the doctor
- Keeping an accurate account of all records that are linked to your accident, which could include repair costs, medical bills, diagnostic tests, medical records and property damages
- Contacting a personal insurance attorney to manage your case on your behalf
If your claim has been denied and you believe that the reason is unjust, invalid, or not in accordance with the terms of your policy, we encourage you to contact one of our qualified personal insurance attorneys for help.
Schedule your free consultation today: 1-800-706-3000 .
Contact a Peoria Personal Insurance Attorney Today
Insurance claims are complex and if your claim gets denied, it can be overwhelming to figure out what to do. Hiring a licensed attorney to represent your best interests is an important step in protecting your claim.
Our attorneys at Phillips Law Group are available to discuss your options during a free and confidential consultation. If we determine that you may have a valid case, we are prepared to handle the legal process on your behalf.
If we represent you, we do not charge upfront fees for our services. We only collect payment for our services if we are able to recover compensation on your behalf.
Phillips Law Group. Free consultation. No upfront fees. 1-800-706-3000
Free Case Evaluation
Your message has been sent
Thank you for your message, we will get back to you soon.
Phillips Law Group has a proven track record of success. Juan Roque, in particular, is integral to that. He works with integrity, compassion, and an undefeated optimism that makes him a valuable asset.
Phillips law group is the best around!
I would have no hesitation at all recommending Phillips Law Group. In particular, Juan Roque has impressed me with his professionalism, his integrity and his heart for the community!
I just wanted to thank Phillips law Group and Vanessa Rodriguez for all the help that she did for my daughter’s case. She was involved in her first accident and she needed the help to deal with these adjusters. Thank you again.
Positive: Professionalism, Quality, Responsiveness, Value As someone who is familiar with the inner workings of the auto insurance industry I can whole heartedly endorse Steven J. Jones and Phillips law group as someone I would want on my side should litigation take place. They handled my case professionally, honestly, and with satisfactory results which I would not have expected without enlisting their help.
Juan Roque has been integral with my legal needs. Communication has been easy. He conveys information I can easily understand without a lot of "Legal Fluff" jargon. I will certainly do business with Phillips Legal team again and refer them to my friends and family.
Although my accident was fortunately not a major one, The Phillips Law Group AZ treated it as such. Their staff, specifically Mr Juan Roque was very professional, courteous and most importantly very informative. Mr Roque's attentive service was phenomenal and I highly recommend this firm!
Jeffrey Phillips is truly a brilliant attorney and businessman. I would not hesitate for a moment to contact him if I needed a personal injury attorney in Arizona, you would be fortunate to have him and his team. If you have a car accident, slip and fall in a store, or get punched in the face, call Phillips.
Sophia H. at Phillips Law Group has been an absolute joy to work with -quick, responsive, and professional in every interaction. Her breadth of knowledge, from administration to IT to finance, is nothing short of impressive.