Peoria DUI Accident Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
If you or a loved one was injured or killed in a car accident caused by an impaired driver, you may have the option to pursue compensation.
At Phillips Law Group, our firm has been helping accident victims obtain compensation for over 27 years and we have obtained more than $750,000,000 in compensation. Our founding partner Jeffrey L. Phillips is a Top 25 Member of the Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association and has obtained verdicts throughout Arizona, serving as lead counsel in more than 40 jury trials.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss your claim during a 100 percent free, no-obligation consultation. Our services are also provided on a contingency fee basis. This means that there are no attorneys’ fees or upfront costs. We only get paid if we help you obtain compensation for the damages you or your loved one experienced.
Can I Pursue Financial Compensation?
One of the most important steps to take after a DUI accident is determining if you have a valid case and may be eligible to pursue legal compensation for the damages you have suffered and may suffer in the future.
This is difficult to do on your own and you could benefit greatly from the knowledge and experience of a licensed Peoria DUI accident attorney.
One of the first things we need to review is whether the four elements of negligence were present in your accident:
- Duty of care ”“ The at-fault party had a legal obligation to act in a reasonable manner in order to prevent harms to others. Driving while drunk or on drugs is not behaving reasonably.
- Breach of duty of care ”“ The at-fault party failed to act reasonably by driving after drinking or doing drugs. A driver who is physically and mentally impaired by drugs or alcohol puts the lives of other drivers at risk.
- Causation ”“ The driver being drunk directly led to the accident and your injuries and your injuries would not have happened otherwise.
- Damages ”“ The at-fault party’s negligent actions caused you to suffer financial or emotional damages, like medical bills, or pain and suffering.
We can be reached 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Set up your free consultation at your earliest convenience.
How Much Is My Case Worth?
Each DUI accident case is unique, that is why it is difficult to determine the exact value of your claim without knowing the specific details of your accident and the damages you suffered.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, we may be able to obtain the following types of compensation:
These are the financial losses you experienced as a result of the accident. Generally, these damages can be proven with receipts or other documentation. These damages may include the following:
- Past, current and future medical bills
- Cost of surgery
- Medical tests; CAT scans, x-rays, MRI’s
- Assistive medical equipment; wheelchair, crutches
- Rehabilitation costs
- Emergency room visits
- Ambulance transportation
- Prescription medications
- Lost wages from missing time from work
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damage
- Funeral and burial costs
DUI accidents may cause severe injuries that can take a toll on a person’s emotional well-being. That is why it is also important to pursue noneconomic damages to help victims recover from these losses. These damages may include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Permanent scarring
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of services or consortium
These may be available in drunk driving cases because the level of negligence is so severe and egregious. These damages are meant to punish the at-fault party for his or her reckless behavior. Awarding these damages is meant to set an example to others to dissuade them from acting in the same manner.
If you have a valid case, our lawyers may be able to pursue economic, noneconomic and punitive damages on your behalf.
Is There a Time Limit to File My Case?
If you or a loved one has been involved in a DUI accident, it is important to take legal action as soon as possible. In Arizona, personal injury cases, including DUI accident cases and wrongful death claims have a two-year deadline. Claims must be filed within two years of the date of the accident or they may be barred (Arizona’s statute of limitations).
However, because each case is different, there may be exceptions that apply to your situation. That is why it is imperative to speak to a knowledgeable Peoria DUI accident attorney to learn about your potential legal options.
How Can a Lawyer from Phillips Law Group Help Me?
Our firm has decades of experience handling car accident cases. If you have a valid case and hire us to represent you, we may be able to handle the following on your behalf:
- Thoroughly investigate the accident
- Gather supportive evidence
- Collect witness statements
- Communicate with insurance companies
- Determine the fair value of your claim
- Negotiate for the fair value of your claim
Managing the legal process on your behalf allows you to focus on your health and recovery, and in the case of a wrongful death, the time to grieve and be with your family. We have many years of combined experience and extensive legal knowledge we bring to bear on each claim we represent as we pursue maximum compensation.
Another benefit of working with an attorney from our firm is that we work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you pay nothing unless we win compensation for your claim.
Speak to an attorney today and find out how we may be able to help you get through this difficult time. Call 1-800-706-3000 .
How to Handle the Aftermath of an Accident
It is important to take certain steps to help protect your claim, if you are able and it is safe to do so:
- Reporting the accident to authorities ”“ Drinking and driving is a felony. If the at-fault driver is operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol, it is important that the police are notified so that they can take proper measures to handle the situation and hold the at-fault party accountable for his or her reckless behavior. Criminal charges may help our attorneys prove a breach of duty of care and link your injuries to the accident.
- Seeking immediate medical treatment ”“ Obtaining medical treatment, from your doctor or a hospital, like HonorHealth Health Center, is the most important thing after a serious accident. Immediate treatment helps stabilize your injuries and allow doctors to properly diagnose and treat them. Your medical records also help to link the accident to your injuries. If you do not seek treatment right away, the other side may argue your injuries were caused by something else besides the accident.
- Gathering evidence at the scene ”“ If your injuries allow you to do so, it is important to collect evidence at the scene of the accident. For example, if you have a smartphone, take pictures of the damaged vehicles, road debris and skid marks. You can also photograph your injuries. You may also collect witness statements and contact information.
- Contacting an experienced lawyer ”“ Building a strong case takes time. Your lawyer may help you investigate the accident by looking into several aspects, such as the at-fault party’s driving record and his or her history of similar offenses.
Dangers of Driving Under the Influence
Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs often leads to accidents because impaired drivers have a much harder time safely operating a vehicle.
In Arizona, it is illegal to drive with a blood alcohol concentration of .08 percent or greater. Some side effects of driving while impaired include:
- Slow reaction time ”“ Alcohol and drugs may slow down a person’s reaction time. If a person is driving on a freeway and traffic ahead suddenly stops because of an accident or for some other reason, the impaired driver may not react quickly enough and crash into the vehicle in front of him or her.
- Impaired vision ”“ Being sedated or intoxicated can impair a person’s depth perception and may even cause blurred vision.
- Impaired ability to concentrate ”“ It takes a great amount of concentration to drive a vehicle. Driving under the influence decreases a person’s concentration.
- Inhibited judgment ”“ Operating a vehicle requires a driver to make many decisions and judgments about distances and timing. When a person is impaired by drugs or alcohol, he or she may not have the ability to make the right decisions.
- Decrease of coordination ”“ Drinking affects motor skills, such as hand and foot coordination, which can greatly impact a person’s ability to drive safely.
Common Types of DUI Accidents and Injuries
Driving under the influence often leads to the following types of car accidents:
- Wrong-way accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Pedestrian accidents
These types of accidents may lead to severe injuries that require extensive medical attention:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Head injuries
- Knee injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Leg injuries
- Chest injuries
It is important to seek medical attention following a DUI accident. After your injuries have been properly assessed by a medical professional, do not hesitate to contact a Peoria DUI accident attorney to discuss if you may be able to pursue compensation.
Contact a Peoria DUI Accident Attorney from Phillips Law Group Today
Our firm has helped over 150,000 clients throughout Arizona, obtaining hundreds of millions in compensation.
We offer you a free and confidential consultation to discuss your claim and whether you may be eligible to pursue compensation. We also do not charge upfront fees for our services ”“ we are not paid unless you are paid.
We understand how devastating a drunk-driving accident can be for victims and their families and the damages that can occur. While compensation cannot change what happened, it can be very important as victims seek to move forward with their lives and avoid a financial crisis.
Call us today at 1-800-706-3000 .
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
My Attorney Sean Davis and his paralegal Hannah Dustin worked on my case. They listened to the problems that I was having with my case and they both got right to work. First they found me a doctor that actually listened to my problems from my car accident and worked quickly to form a plan that was comfortable for me and the doctor. The doctor was the best and after a couple of procedures the pain in my neck was gone. Behind the scenes Sean and Hannah were working hard to get my case settled with the insurance company. They kept in contact with me on all aspects of my case. They settled my case much faster than I expected and for more than I was expecting. If you want two real professional legal people to work on your case, I would highly recommend Sean and Hannah to you. I cannot say enough nice things about these two. Thank you so much, Rickey Hart .
Phillips Law Group does so much for the community!!! I especially enjoy seeing Juan Roque out there. This gentle giant always has a smile on his face and is a part of a caring and giving team.
Phillips law group is a great firm! Caroline is great.
I would like to thank Vanessa Rodriguez for helping me with my case because I was in total shock about the accident. She had listened to all my concerns and had answered every question I had . She was great !!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Phillips law group has an amazing staff and i recommend them to everyone.
Liz was great
I was recently served court documents that I was being sued from an accident that happened years ago. For someone who has never been through something like this and not familiar with the court lingo or where to even begin, it was very frustrating and stressful. I reached out to a family member who knew Tracy Laskos and the great reputation of Phillips Law Group and within the hours of the initial call for help, I had a direct number to Lead Attorney Nassar. Nassar heard my case and almost instantly put me at ease by explaining the process and how easy it was to handle. Nassar spoke to me like he was a friend, not like I was a client. I am so grateful to Tracy, Nasar and of course my cousin Stephanie for helping out and giving me the direction that I needed to get through this situation. I plan on referring my friends, family and patients that are in need of a personal injury Attorney to Phillips Law Group. Thank you!!
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.