Peoria Bus Accident Attorney | Phillips Law Group
Bus drivers and bus companies are legally obligated to keep their customers and others on the roadway safe. When they are careless, accidents can result and cause serious injuries that create significant physical, emotional and financial burdens for the victims and their families.
If you were injured in a bus accident you may be eligible to seek compensation for your damages. Having a licensed Peoria bus accident lawyer from Phillips Law Group on your side is important, as insurance companies and attorneys for at-fault parties will be looking to avoid paying fair compensation.
Phillips Law Group has been protecting the rights of injury victims throughout Arizona for nearly 30 years. Our founder, Jeffrey Phillips, is a Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association ”“ Top 25 member.
Contact the dedicated team of legal professionals at Phillips Law Group today to schedule a free consultation. We work on a contingency fee basis, so you will not be charged any legal fees unless we secure financial compensation for your bus accident claim.
Fill out a Free Case Evaluation form today.
How Much Compensation Can I Recover?
The value of your case is based on the value of the damages suffered, among other factors. Damages can be divided into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are out-of-pocket expenses that are directly related to your bus accident and have a defined monetary value, such as:
- Past, present and future medical expenses
- Ambulance services
- Prescription medications
- Hospital care
- Imaging tests
- Assistive medical devices
- Transportation to/from doctor visits
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages from missed time at work
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property upgrades due to injury
- Property damage
Non-economic damages are damages from physical and emotional trauma caused by the bus accident that do not have a defined monetary value, such as:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Mental anguish
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If you suffered from any of these damages caused by a bus accident, you may be able to be compensated for your losses. Contact our team of trusted legal professionals to schedule a free review of your claim.
How Do I Know if I Qualify for Compensation?
You may have a valid case if your lawyer can prove negligence was the reason for the bus accident. The following four elements must be established to prove negligence in a bus accident case:
- Duty of care ”“ The defendant, which may be the driver of the bus, the bus company or another entity, owed you a duty of care. For example, bus drivers and bus companies are legally obligated to safely transport paying customers without putting them in harm’s way.
- Breached duty of care ”“ The defendant fails to uphold his or her legal obligations as a reasonable person would in a similar situation. For instance, a bus driver who drives through a red light and causes an accident would be considered to have breached his or her duty of care.
- Causation ”“ There must be a direct link between the accident and your injuries. Using the example above, if the bus driver had not been negligent and ran the red light, you would have avoided an injury and resulting damages.
- Damages exist ”“ You or your lawyer must provide proof that damages were created because of the accident, such as medical bills, pain and suffering, and missed time from work.
Our Peoria bus accident lawyers have the resources and legal knowledge to manage bus accident cases involving different types of buses, including:
- City buses
- Tour buses
- Charter buses
- School buses
- 15-passenger vans
If you believe you have a case, or have questions, contact us for a free case review. Your initial consultation is free and confidential. There is no risk to you as you will not be obligated to let us handle your case after meeting with us.
Contact a Peoria bus accident lawyer today.
How Much Time Do I Have?
According to the Arizona statute of limitations for personal injuries, most bus accident victims must file their claim within two years after the date of the accident. However, there may be some instances where this deadline could be extended or shortened.
For example, if your claim happens to be against any part of the government, you may have only 180 days to provide notice of your intent to file a claim.
If you were under the age of 18 at the time of the accident, you have up to two years after your 18th birthday to submit your claim.
There could be other important details about your case that could influence the amount of time you have to file your claim. If you fail to file before the appropriate deadline, you run the risk of having your case dismissed by the court and you may lose the right to pursue compensation for your damages.
Parties Who Could be Held Liable
Any of the following people/entities could be held liable for a bus accident, including:
- Bus drivers ”“ If the bus driver was driving recklessly, going beyond the speed limit, driving while distracted, driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs or disobeying other traffic laws, he or she could be held liable for the accident.
- Bus company ”“ The company that owns the bus and employs the driver is legally obligated to ensure that its drivers and vehicles are qualified to be on the road. If the driver is found to be unqualified or the vehicle is unsafe, the bus company could be held accountable for any damages caused.
- School district ”“ If it is found that the bus driver was not certified or properly trained to operate the vehicle or if the bus was not properly maintained, the school district could be found to be at fault for the accident.
- Manufacturer ”“ There are times when a defectively-designed or faulty part causes a bus accident. In this case the manufacturer of the bus or its components could be held liable.
- Maintenance company ”“ Sometimes bus companies outsource other companies to handle routine maintenance and safety inspections of their vehicles. If it is found that a bus accident was caused by a failure to inspect or maintain the vehicle properly, the maintenance company could be held responsible.
- Other drivers ”“ There are many instances where negligence on the part of other drivers on the road can cause the bus to get into a collision.
If you have a viable claim, our Peoria bus accident lawyers are prepared to hold all at-fault parties liable for your damages.
Have Questions? We Can Help.
How Can a Bus Accident Attorney Help Me?
Bus accident victims who decide to hire an attorney to handle their case often receive much more in compensation than those who decide to handle the case on their own.
There are several advantages to hiring a Peoria bus accident attorney from Phillips Law Group. Some of the tasks our attorneys may be able assist with include:
- Collecting accident reports ”“ This could be critical for the success of your claim.
- Obtaining medical records ”“ This helps us to determine the severity of your injuries and your future treatment needs.
- Collecting evidence ”“ Our team of legal professionals works to gather detailed evidence from crash scenes, such as pictures, videos, witness statements and anything else that can help us build a strong case.
- Negotiating with insurance adjusters ”“ This is one of the most important advantages to having a dependable lawyer on your side. Our lawyers know how to negotiate with insurance adjusters to protect the value of a claim.
- Bringing in industry experts (if necessary) ”“Our law firm has access to industry experts who may be able to help investigate and provide evidence and proof to show who is at fault for the accident.
- Preparing your case for trial (if necessary) ”“ Since most personal injury cases are settled before reaching court, many personal injury lawyers do not bother preparing their cases for trial. However, at Phillips Law Group, we are ready to take that step if the other side will not offer fair compensation.
Contact a Peoria Bus Accident Attorney for a Free Consultation
The Peoria bus accident attorneys at Phillips Law Group have been defending the rights of personal injury victims in Arizona for over 27 years. Our firm has obtained over $1 billion in compensation awards while representing over 155,000 clients.
We understand the physical, mental and financial difficulties individuals and families face after bus accident injuries. If you have a valid case, our team of dedicated legal professionals is prepared to handle the entire legal process on your behalf.
We do not charge any legal fees unless we win compensation for your bus accident claim. You will not be obligated to hire us to represent you after your free consultation.
Our Phoenix office is located at 3101 North Central Ave., Suite 1500, which is only a 30-minute drive from the Peoria Police Department.
Schedule your free case review today by filling out a Free Case Evaluation form.
Free Case Evaluation
Your message has been sent
Thank you for your message, we will get back to you soon.
- Auto Accidents
- Business Litigation
- Class Action Lawsuits
- Defective Drug
- Defective Products
- Employee Rights
- Employment Law
- Firm News
- Medical Malpractice
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Pedestrian Accident
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Slip and Fall
- Social Security Disability
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
My Attorney Sean Davis and his paralegal Hannah Dustin worked on my case. They listened to the problems that I was having with my case and they both got right to work. First they found me a doctor that actually listened to my problems from my car accident and worked quickly to form a plan that was comfortable for me and the doctor. The doctor was the best and after a couple of procedures the pain in my neck was gone. Behind the scenes Sean and Hannah were working hard to get my case settled with the insurance company. They kept in contact with me on all aspects of my case. They settled my case much faster than I expected and for more than I was expecting. If you want two real professional legal people to work on your case, I would highly recommend Sean and Hannah to you. I cannot say enough nice things about these two. Thank you so much, Rickey Hart .
A friend of mine recommended Phillips Law and I’m so grateful, because they were so wonderful, so down to earth, so professional. I felt like they were family.
It’s an Honor and a Privilege to work for a company that cares about its employees and clients for 12 years. I’ve seen Management go out of their way to help someone whether it’s a personal matter or work related. I am also reminded of many occasions where a Client needed urgent help and we as a Team were able to get the person immediate assistance. At Phillips Law we make that happen through Teamwork and a dedication to our profession. I’ve had numerous jobs in several other fields, those were just jobs. This is a home. Many of us have been here for quite a few years, it feels like one large extended family.
If you are in need of legal support for a motor vehicle collision of any kind, I highly recommend going to Phillips Law Group Injury Lawyers. Sean Davis has exemplary knowledge and experience in this field, compassion for his clients, and excellent judgment and communication skills.
Phillips Law Group has a proven track record of success. Juan Roque, in particular, is integral to that. He works with integrity, compassion, and an undefeated optimism that makes him a valuable asset.
I would have no hesitation at all recommending Phillips Law Group. In particular, Juan Roque has impressed me with his professionalism, his integrity and his heart for the community!
I didn’t know anything about the area, and Phillips Law Group just took care of everything. They helped made sure I knew where I was going, made sure I didn’t have to worry. They literally just took care of me.
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Definitely recommend! Awesome