Mesa Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries can have a devastating impact on the lives of victims and their families. Medical costs associated with the treatment of a spinal cord injury can be significant, while victims often need post-injury care, rehabilitation and other medical services for the remainder of their lives.
At Phillips Law Group, we have seen the effects of spinal cord injuries from automotive accidents, medical malpractice and other reasons, and our team of lawyers have a successful track record of recovering significant amounts of compensation for spinal cord injury victims. Some of our results include a $4,000,000 recovery for an auto accident victim that was paralyzed in a collision, $2,163,000 for an injury victim that suffered a broken neck, spine injury and a brain injury in a crash and a $1,000,000 recovery on behalf of a client that suffered a broken neck, broken collarbone and paralyzation in a premises liability incident.
Our spinal cord injury lawyers charge no upfront fees if we take on your case and we only get paid when we obtain a recovery on your behalf. An initial consultation with a lawyer at our firm is free and we are ready to help you today.
For more information, call 1-800-706-3000 and speak to a lawyer about your claim, or complete our "Free Case Evaluation" form and a representative from our law firm will contact you shortly.
Phillips Law Group - No Fees Unless We Win. Ph: 1-800-706-3000.
Do I Have A Case?
If you have suffered a spinal cord injury that was the direct result of negligence from another party, or as a result of a product that malfunctioned and caused the injury, you may be eligible to file a damages claim.
However, every case is different and there are often many factors that are involved in spinal cord injury cases. To find out if you have a case, we welcome you to contact a spinal cord injury attorney at our law firm today for a free consultation.
What Is My Case Worth?
It can be difficult to determine an exact damages amount without reviewing the specific details of your claim. However, if you do have a case, there are a number of damages that may be applicable:
- Medical Expenses - costs relating to the treatment and care of the injury. Following the incident, victims often need intensive therapy and medical assistance which can be a life long requirement for some victims.
- Lost Wages - injury victims are often unable to work after suffering a spinal cord injury. The resulting loss of income may be recovered as part of the compensation claim.
- Loss of Earning Capacity - following a spinal cord injury, victims may not be able to return to the same type of employment that they had prior to the incident. This can often mean being out of work for extended periods of time, to having to retrain in a new industry, to possibly not being able to return to the workforce at all.
- Pain and Suffering - while it can be difficult to assign a financial value to the pain that a victim may be forced to endure, it can be a significant component in a damages claim.
- Accommodation - the homes of spinal cord injury victims often need to be refitted to accommodate their injuries. From grab rails, to widened doorways, to ramps and other necessities, these items may be included in the calculation of your damages claim.
We understand that accident victims often have many questions and we can help to find the answers to those questions. Call today for a free review of your damages claim.
Have Some Questions? We Have Answers. Ph: 1-800-706-3000.
Is There A Time Limit to File My Lawsuit In Arizona?
Yes. In the state of Arizona, there is a two year statute of limitations for personal injury cases. This means that your lawsuit must be filed within two years from the date of the injury.
However, there may be certain cases where this filing date may be brought forward or, extended.
An example of this may be if the victim was younger than 18 years of age at the time of the injury. In such an instance, the statute of limitations may begin when that person turns 18 years old.
If you believe that you may have a case, we encourage you to contact a spine injury attorney at our firm so that we can help review the options that are relevant to your specific incident.
How Can Phillips Law Group Help Me?
When injury victims are represented by a lawyer, the amount of compensation that is recovered in the lawsuit is more when compared to cases where a lawyer is not used.
Following a serious injury, many victims and their families are also unable to spend the time and resources that it takes to build a damages claim. Victims are often beginning the recovery process and family members are often required to take on more work to help make ends meet.
From compiling medical records, medical costs, insurance documentation, police records and more, spinal cord lawsuits are often quite complex and the litigation process can be lengthy. At Phillips Law Group, we have an entire team of people that are available to support our lawyers while they build arguments for the cases they handle.
From paralegals, to assistants, to investigators and even access to industry experts to help validate your claim, we have the experience and resources to handle the litigation process.
Furthermore, when a victim suffers a spinal cord injury, often insurance companies will become quickly involved in proceedings. Their goal is to close the claim as quickly as possible, while not paying any financial compensation to the victim. Commonly, insurers will ask victims for statements and to sign documents that may be used to discredit the claim of the victim.
For decades, we have been helping to protect injury victims from insurance companies and can handle all of their inquiries that pertain to your case. We understand the strategies that they may use to invalidate your claim and can use our experience to help build a robust argument for your damages case.
Free Consultation. Call Us Today - Ph: 1-800-706-3000.
Types of Spinal Cord Injuries
There can be many different types of spinal cord injuries that can be caused by many different reasons. Some common injuries include:
These injuries are often associated with auto accidents, sports-related incidents or instances where pain from the injury is felt very quickly and is very painful. An acute injury may include:
- Fractures and Dislocations - are often caused when vertebrae are exposed to immense pressure, where the bone can crack and/or break. In some instances, ligaments may be torn or stretched, which can also be very painful for the victim.
- Bulging or Ruptured Discs - are the result of the disc (a cushioning joint that allows for mobility in the vertebrae) being compressed to where the disc begins to expand and touch the nerves running either side in the spinal cord. When the disc ruptures, the contents of the disc begin to touch nearby nerves, often sending a shooting, burning pain down the leg(s) of the victim.
- Sprains - when the muscles and tendons around the spinal cord are twisted or pulled too quickly, with too much force or unexpectedly, they can overstretch and/or be torn.
There can be many different causes of acute injuries - from car crashes, to slip and falls, to instances involving medical mistakes, where a patient may be undergoing an operation for a bulging disc and during the surgery, the surgeon makes a mistake a cuts into the spinal cord, causing serious injury.
Injuries from Overuse
These types of injuries are often the result of repetitive tasks that use the same muscles for a prolonged period of time, and can include:
- Stiffness - when muscles are not allowed to relax for extended periods, they can remain tight and may require physical or chiropractic therapy to help relieve that tension.
- Spasms - are often caused when a muscle contracts suddenly. The result is often a sharp, immediate pain in the person.
An example of an overuse injury may be from a factory worker that is using the same muscles to pick up cartons in a warehouse. The repetitive use of those muscles may result in an overuse injury.
Contact A Mesa Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Today
At Phillips Law Group, we understand the difficulties that spinal cord injury victims face following an accident and can help to hold negligent parties accountable for their actions.
For over 27 years, we have been helping to protect the rights of injury victims throughout Arizona, and we have recovered more than $750,000,000 in compensation on behalf of our clients. Our firm is led by its founder Jeffrey Phillips - who is an accomplished trial attorney that has served as lead counsel in more than 40 jury trials. Jeffrey is also a Top 25 member of the National Brain Injury Trial Lawyers Association, and a premiere member of the American Academy of Trial Attorneys.
For help with your spinal cord damages claim, speak to a lawyer at our firm today by calling 1-800-706-3000. The initial consultation is free, there are no upfront fees if we take on your case and we only get paid if we obtain a recovery on your behalf.
Phillips Law Group. Ph: 1-800-706-3000.