Mesa Securities Litigation Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
When a financial institution handles an investment on behalf of a customer, they have a fiduciary duty to provide transparent, truthful information to that client. When they fail in that duty, investors may decide to pursue a legal course to recover compensation for their losses.
At Phillips Law Group, we have represented more than 155,000 consumer clients and recovered more than $750,000,000 in compensation on behalf of our customers. With a proven track record and decades of experience, we understand how to build a robust argument for your claim.
Our Mesa securities litigation lawyers work on a contingency basis – meaning that we only get paid when you do – and your initial consultation with a lawyer at our firm is free.
To speak to a lawyer, call us today at 1-800-706-3000 , or fill out and send the “Free Case Evaluation” form on this page.
Phillips Law Group – Free Consultation. Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
Potential Reasons to File A Securities Lawsuit
Commonly, a securities-based lawsuit will be filed due to the breach of a fiduciary duty by the defendant. This usually stems from a broker or financial manager providing investors with information that may be misleading.
Some examples of this may include:
- Backdating stock options: Tochange the date of when a stock option was granted – usually, to when the stock was lower.
- Failing to meet estimates:While investors are commonly aware that stocks do fluctuate, there may be instances where an event surprises the market and was not forecast by the institution, with the result being a significant decrease in a stock price.
- Earnings restatement:To disclose amended financial statements or to provide a correction in a financial statement.
- Investment fraud:May be the result of a pyramid scheme, ponzi scheme, insider trading, market manipulation.
- Churning:This is the act of excessively buying and selling investments, which can be done by brokers to boost their earned commissions. Due to the extra fees involved, investors may not make a profit on the investments.
- Negligence:Acting in a responsible manner is a fundamental obligation of a broker. Failing to disclose information to a client may provide an opportunity to pursue a damages claim.
- Late day trading:Involved the practice of recording trades that have been executed after the end of marketing trading.
- Market timing:This is a popular practice of trying to predict future market price movements by buying and selling financial assets.
- Proxy solicitations:Involves a shareholder to authorize another individual to cast a vote on behalf of the shareholder at a meeting.
If you are unsure if your investment issue has grounds to pursue a damages claim, contact a securities lawyer at Phillips Law Group and allow us to review the merits of your claim.
Do You Have A Case?
Securities claims can be quite complex and it can be difficult to determine if you have a case without knowing the specific details that pertain to your claim. However, with decades of experience gained from representing investors, we understand that you may have questions about your potential lawsuit.
At Phillips Law Group, we have the answers. To learn more, contact us today by completing our “Free Case Evaluation” form on this page.
Free Consultation – Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
How Can Phillips Law Group Help?
With the speed of today’s financial markets and the frequency in which stocks and commodities are traded, investors can lose significant amounts of money in a short amount of time.
At Phillips Law Group, our lawyers regularly handle matters before the SEC, state and federal courts and also, FINRA. We have experience handling a range of financial investments including:
- Structure Projects
- Hedge Funds
- Mortgage Backed Securities
Our attorneys are also trial lawyers with extensive experience handling cases in jury and non-jury settings. Our founding partner – Jeff Phillips – is an award winning attorney that has served as lead counsel in more than 40 jury trials.
Contact A Mesa Securities Litigation Attorney Today
For more than 27 years, Phillips Law Group has been an advocate of victims rights, having represented more than 155,000 consumer clients.
Our attorneys also have a complete team of support staff including paralegals, investigators, access to industry experts and more to help build a robust argument for your case.
To find out how we may be able to assist you, contact us today by completing our “Free Case Evaluation” form or by calling 1-800-706-3000 . Your initial consultation with a lawyer is free and we handle cases on a contingency basis, meaning that we only get paid when obtain a recovery on your behalf.
Phillips Law Group. Free Consultation. Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
If you are in need of legal support for a motor vehicle collision of any kind, I highly recommend going to Phillips Law Group Injury Lawyers. Sean Davis has exemplary knowledge and experience in this field, compassion for his clients, and excellent judgment and communication skills.
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
My paralegal , Caroline , was on top of her game - very responsive and always answered any questions I had and in a timely manner . My attorney Rob ,was the best attorney I ever had . He explained everything in great detail and had a great sense or humor . He really knows how to bring light To tough , unfortunate situations - I would absolutely recommend them at anyone -
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Sophia H. at Phillips Law Group has been an absolute joy to work with -quick, responsive, and professional in every interaction. Her breadth of knowledge, from administration to IT to finance, is nothing short of impressive.
I would like to thank Vanessa Rodriguez for helping me with my case because I was in total shock about the accident. She had listened to all my concerns and had answered every question I had . She was great !!!
I would have no hesitation at all recommending Phillips Law Group. In particular, Juan Roque has impressed me with his professionalism, his integrity and his heart for the community!
Phillips law group has an amazing staff and i recommend them to everyone.
I just wanted to thank Phillips law Group and Vanessa Rodriguez for all the help that she did for my daughter’s case. She was involved in her first accident and she needed the help to deal with these adjusters. Thank you again.