Mesa Premises Liability Attorneys | Phillips Law Group
Property owners have a responsibility to provide a safe environment for those that are legally permitted to be on those premises. Failing to maintain those standards can result in the injury of an individual, where the owner may be held liable for the incident.
At Phillips Law Group, we have been helping to protect the rights of injury victims for decades, having recovered significant amounts of compensation for premises liability injury victims including a $1,000,000 recovery for a victim that suffered a broken neck, collarbone and paralyzation in a premises accident and a $325,000 recovery for an individual that suffered second and third-degree burns.
For help with your potential lawsuit, contact a Mesa premises liability lawyer at Phillips Law Group today. Your initial consultation with a lawyer is free, there are no upfront fees if we take on your case and we only get paid if we obtain a recovery for your case.
Phillips Law Group – Free Consultation. Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
Property Owner Liability in Arizona
Property owners in Arizona may be held liable for an injury-causing accident if the owner was aware that a dangerous condition on their property existed and they:
- Did not do anything to correct the issue
- Did not warn guests/visitors of the issue
- Intentionally created the issue
Should an owner be renting premises to a business and that business was creating a dangerous condition on the property which the property owner was aware of and did nothing to correct, the property owner may still also be liable for any injury-causing accidents that take place on that property.
There are different levels of care that a property owner needs to extend to visitors of a property that they own. These visitors are classified as:
- Invitees – people that are lawfully on the property and have been invited to the property. Commonly, this will be for business purposes.
- Licensees – are also referred to as “guests” and are often at a property for a social purpose.
- Trespassers – those that have no permission (implied or otherwise) to be on the property.
- Child licensee – there may be liability in the event that a child is injured while legally on premises. However, there can be variables to this depending on the intelligence level of the child and his/her ability to understand any warnings that may or may not be present.
- Child trespasser – if the property owner is aware that a child could trespass on a property – and did nothing to correct that issue – there may be grounds to file a claim even though that child may have been on the property without permission. An example of this may be an infant walking onto a property, where he/she was unable to read any warning signs, but was still able to get in.
If you are unsure of the circumstances of your premises liability incident, contact Phillips Law Group today and let an attorney from our firm review the merits of your claim for free.
Am I Eligible to Make A Claim?
It’s important to note that while visitors have a right to expect a safe environment when on-premises, both owners and visitors have an obligation to act in a manner that will not intentionally hurt themselves or those around them. In the event that the plaintiff has intentionally contributed – or caused – the injury, the claim may be blocked. However, in Arizona specifically, injury victims may still be eligible to recover compensation even if they are almost entirely at fault.
As there can be many factors that contribute to a premises-related injury, we recommend contacting a premises liability attorney at our firm to help review the details of your specific claim.
What Is the Value Of My Premises Liability Claim?
When an injury victim begins to consider filing a personal injury damages claim, they may begin to think about the potential value of that damages claim.
While it can be difficult to determine the value of your claim, we can help to find the answers by looking at the specifics of your case in great detail. We offer a free consultation to review the merits of your claim and there are no fees if we don’t win your case.
Free Consultation. Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
Common Types of Premises Liability Claims
When someone is injured while on property that is owned by someone else – and the injury victim decides to pursue financial compensation – those cases generally fall under “Premises Liability” claims. Some examples of premises liability claims include:
- Slip and Falls – slips, trips and fall accidents often happen when water or ice is on a surface and there is no signage to indicate the potential hazard.
- Construction Site Accidents – construction workers and visitors to construction sites are entitled to a safe environment. Injured workers may be eligible to receive compensation, while guests, lawful visitors and other invitees may be eligible to receive other forms of compensation.
- Negligent Security – can be caused by a range of factors, including bad lighting and lack of security, and result in serious injury where attackers may attempt to rob and injure victims or, victims may suffer an injury from an unseen obstacle.
- Swimming Pool Accidents – the combination of water and hard surfaces can result in serious injuries. Pool decks and other areas near a pool can combine both of these elements.
- Animal Bites – failure to restrain animals and/or to provide adequate fencing and signage can result in serious injuries to unsuspecting visitors. In Arizona, dog owners may be liable for any injuries that their dog inflicts on victims.
- Escalator Accidents – failing to maintain and service escalators can result in defective performance of the escalator and a potential area for someone to get hurt.
- Amusement Park Accidents – while some injuries may be caused by the mechanical failure of a ride, other injuries can be the result of rides having inadequate safety features that can result in neck and back injuries.
If you are unsure if you have a claim, contact a liability attorney at Phillips Law Group today. There are no fees unless we win your case and your initial consultation is free.
How Can Phillips Law Group Help?
Cases that are handled by attorneys produce more financial compensation compared to those that are not handled by a lawyer.
When reviewing a potential premises liability claim, there may be a number of items that a lawyer may examine to help determine if there are sufficient grounds to file a claim, including:
- If the visitor was legally permitted to be on the property
- The actions of the owner
- The actions of the visitor
- Any relevant laws for landlords and/or business owners (if applicable)
- Were there any unsafe areas at the site of the accident:
- Broken sidewalks
- Piled carpeting
- Uneven flooring
- Exposed electrical wires
- Bad lighting
- Did anyone advise the property owner of any potential hazards/issues?
- Did the property owner make any effort to warn others?
Following an injury-causing event, most victims do not have the time or resources to fully investigate a claim. At Phillips Law Group, we have been helping injury victims for more than 27 years and have a comprehensive knowledge of Arizona’s premises liability laws.
We can also help to shield our clients from insurance companies, who often become quickly involved after a premises liability incident. Insurance companies want to close claims as quickly as possible for the smallest possible financial outlay. They may attempt to obtain a signature on documents and/or a statement from the injury victim. Many plaintiffs are not aware that these can be used by the insurance company to discredit the claim. Having a lawyer on your side can help to ensure that your best interests are protected.
Contact A Mesa Premises Liability Attorney Today
Phillips Law Group has been helping to protect the rights of injury victims throughout Arizona for decades. We have a team of attorneys, support staff and investigators to help build a robust argument for your damages claim – which may also include the use of industry experts to further validate your case.
We have successfully recovered more than $750,000,000 in compensation for our clients and we welcome the opportunity to review the merits of your specific premises liability incident.
For help today, complete our “Free Case Evaluation” form or call and speak to a lawyer at 1-800-706-3000 . There are no upfront fees if we take on your case and we only get paid when we obtain a recovery on your behalf.
Phillips Law Group – Free Consultation. Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
Phillips law group is a great firm! Caroline is great.
They knew exactly how to explain the case to me in a way that I would understand it. They gave me hope that my life wasn’t over.
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
My review is for Kathy Hudson a legal assistant at the law firm. She is great! She is very professional and a fair based person. She was never rude to me and always called me back. She listened to me and had my best interest as number 1. Mr Nasir who is a supervisor at law firm also was very professional and helpful. Not sure if spelling his name correctly but sorry if not. As far as mr Ross and the lady that runs the front desk reception I would say they are the most unprofessional and rude people I have met at a law firm in my life especially beings they were representing me. But Kathy made it overall a better experience. Thx Kathy.
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
Great company and awesome service. Thanks Caroline fabos. Kudos to all.
Juan Roque has been integral with my legal needs. Communication has been easy. He conveys information I can easily understand without a lot of "Legal Fluff" jargon. I will certainly do business with Phillips Legal team again and refer them to my friends and family.
Jeffrey Phillips is truly a brilliant attorney and businessman. I would not hesitate for a moment to contact him if I needed a personal injury attorney in Arizona, you would be fortunate to have him and his team. If you have a car accident, slip and fall in a store, or get punched in the face, call Phillips.
My paralegal , Caroline , was on top of her game - very responsive and always answered any questions I had and in a timely manner . My attorney Rob ,was the best attorney I ever had . He explained everything in great detail and had a great sense or humor . He really knows how to bring light To tough , unfortunate situations - I would absolutely recommend them at anyone -
Although my accident was fortunately not a major one, The Phillips Law Group AZ treated it as such. Their staff, specifically Mr Juan Roque was very professional, courteous and most importantly very informative. Mr Roque's attentive service was phenomenal and I highly recommend this firm!