Mesa Nursing Home Abuse Attorney | Phillips Law Group
When a nursing home resident becomes a victim of abuse, it can effect more than the victim. Often, family members have to place their trust in facilities to take care of their aging loved ones, and when that trust is broken, it can present families with a range of issues that must be resolved.
Has a loved one become a victim of nursing home abuse?
For the past 27 years, Phillips Law Group has been helping to provide victims with a legal voice against negligent nursing homes and insurance companies. We have recovered more than $750,000,000 in compensation for our clients and charge no fees unless we win your case.
To find out more, contact us today by completing the “Free Case Evaluation” form on this page or by calling 1-800-706-3000 .
Phillips Law Group – Free Consultation. Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
Who Can Be Liable for Nursing Home Negligence?
There can be a number of entities that may be responsible for the abuse of the plaintiff including:
- The owners of the facility (companies, families, individuals)
- Staff members (nurses, nursing assistants, dieticians, administrators)
- Third-parties (contractors, medical equipment providers)
In the state of Arizona, when a resident is admitted to an aged care facility, the facility has a duty to extend a reasonable amount of care to that resident.
Some of these services may include:
- Maintaining hygienic standards
- Medical care
In the event that a facility fails to maintain these standards or perform these services, they may be held liable for any damages or injuries that the resident may receive as a result.
Some reasons why the facility may not provide certain services include:
- Lack of staff training
- Inexperienced staff
- Inadequate security
- Medication errors
- Inadequate resident monitoring
- Neglecting to provide daily necessities
- Neglecting to identify medical issues
- Third party responsibility
In order to pursue a damages lawsuit, it must be established that negligence was involved in the injury or death of the resident.
At Phillips Law Group, we have many years of experience developing personal injury lawsuits. For help with your claim, call our team today and let us help you to explore your legal options.
Am I Eligible to File A Claim?
It’s important to note that nursing home residents have rights. Of those rights there are five that commonly apply to all residents:
- Privacy – the privacy of nursing home residents often extends to the belongings of the resident, provided that they do not interfere with the safety of other residents.
- To Be Informed – often, the contracts that nursing homes use can be confusing and contain a lot of “fine print”. Residents have the rights to be informed of the fees and services that their contract entails.
- Medical Care – residents have the right to receive medical care.
- Money – when becoming a nursing home facility resident, the person does NOT give up their right to manage their money.
- Respect – as people age, their capacity to look after themselves can diminish over time. All residents have the right to be treated with respect and with dignity.
Additionally, there are generally four types of nursing home facilities:
- Residential Care Facilities – are commonly smaller types of facilities that house twenty or less residents. While medical and nursing care is generally not provided onsite, personal care is available for residents 24 hours a day.
- Intermediate Care Facilities – are smaller, long term care facilities that provide supportive care for up to approximately, 15 residents. These facilities generally do not offer around-the-clock skilled nursing care.
- Skilled Nursing Facilities – are specialty facilities that are staffed 24/7 by medical service professionals including nurses and therapists. These facilities may be a part of a hospital.
- Adult Boarding Facilities – are often located in a residential neighborhood, and can be run by businesses, families or individuals.
… and there can be different regulations that govern each type of facility.
If you or someone that you love has had their rights violated by a nursing home facility – or due to a third party working for the facility – you may be eligible to file a damages claim. To find out if you have a case, call the team of legal professional at Phillips Law Group today.
Phillips Law Group – Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
Types of Nursing Home Resident Abuse
There can be many different types of abuse that residents may suffer from in a nursing home. Some of these may include:
- Neglect – signs may include:
- Dehydration – excessive thirst, dry skin, canker sores.
- Malnutrition – loss of weight, dry skin, repeated infections.
- Bed/Pressure sores – red and/or discolored skin, blisters, open wounds.
- Overmedication – sleeping for long periods of time, reclusive, hallucinations, seizures.
- Physical Abuse – signs may include:
- Broken bones
- Sexual Abuse – signs may include:
- Pelvic injury
- Panic attacks
- Issues walking and/or sitting
- Suicidal attempts/thoughts
- Emotional/Psychological Abuse – signs may include:
- Lack of enthusiasm
- Quick weight loss
- Lack of appetite
- Financial Abuse – signs may include:
- Missing personal items
- Unexplained bank withdrawals
While every case is different, at Phillips Law Group, we believe that all nursing home residents deserve to have their rights protected. For help your potential nursing home abuse lawsuit, contact a nursing home lawyer at our law firm today for a free review of your claim.
Free Consultation – Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
How Can Nursing Home Abuse Be Reported?
In Arizona Law, under A.R.S. Â§ 46-454, health care professionals including nurses, doctors, psychologists, dentists, interns and social workers are required to report signs of nursing home abuse.
There are also a number of institutions that abuse can be reported to:
- Local Law Enforcement
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- Adult Protective Services
- Department of Health Services
- Arizona Attorney General
In the event of a condition that is life-threatening, 9-1-1 can also be used.
Contact A Mesa Nursing Home Abuse Attorney Today
At Phillips Law Group, we have an entire team of attorneys and support staff that are dedicated to protecting the rights of our clients, and we understand the challenges that nursing home abuse victims and their families face.
For more than 27 years, we have represented more than 155,000 consumer clients and recovered more than $750,000,000 in compensation on behalf of our customers.
Each day we work to provide a legal voice for every day people, against businesses, large corporations and insurance companies. We charge no upfront fees if we take on your case and your initial consultation with a lawyer at our firm, is free.
Phillips Law Group. Free Consultation. Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
Phillips law group is the best around!
Great company and awesome service. Thanks Caroline fabos. Kudos to all.
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
My Attorney Sean Davis and his paralegal Hannah Dustin worked on my case. They listened to the problems that I was having with my case and they both got right to work. First they found me a doctor that actually listened to my problems from my car accident and worked quickly to form a plan that was comfortable for me and the doctor. The doctor was the best and after a couple of procedures the pain in my neck was gone. Behind the scenes Sean and Hannah were working hard to get my case settled with the insurance company. They kept in contact with me on all aspects of my case. They settled my case much faster than I expected and for more than I was expecting. If you want two real professional legal people to work on your case, I would highly recommend Sean and Hannah to you. I cannot say enough nice things about these two. Thank you so much, Rickey Hart .
Juan Roque has been integral with my legal needs. Communication has been easy. He conveys information I can easily understand without a lot of "Legal Fluff" jargon. I will certainly do business with Phillips Legal team again and refer them to my friends and family.
The lawyers here are of top quality. Especially Trey Dayes, who was always respectful and hard-working.
They knew exactly how to explain the case to me in a way that I would understand it. They gave me hope that my life wasn’t over.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Phillips Law Group does so much for the community!!! I especially enjoy seeing Juan Roque out there. This gentle giant always has a smile on his face and is a part of a caring and giving team.
If you are in need of legal support for a motor vehicle collision of any kind, I highly recommend going to Phillips Law Group Injury Lawyers. Sean Davis has exemplary knowledge and experience in this field, compassion for his clients, and excellent judgment and communication skills.