Mesa Nursing Home Abuse Attorney | Phillips Law Group
When a nursing home resident becomes a victim of abuse, it can effect more than the victim. Often, family members have to place their trust in facilities to take care of their aging loved ones, and when that trust is broken, it can present families with a range of issues that must be resolved.
Has a loved one become a victim of nursing home abuse?
For the past 27 years, Phillips Law Group has been helping to provide victims with a legal voice against negligent nursing homes and insurance companies. We have recovered more than $1 billion in compensation for our clients and charge no fees unless we win your case.
To find out more, contact us today by completing the “Free Case Evaluation” form on this page or by calling 1-800-706-3000 .
Phillips Law Group – Free Consultation. Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
Who Can Be Liable for Nursing Home Negligence?
There can be a number of entities that may be responsible for the abuse of the plaintiff including:
- The owners of the facility (companies, families, individuals)
- Staff members (nurses, nursing assistants, dieticians, administrators)
- Third-parties (contractors, medical equipment providers)
In the state of Arizona, when a resident is admitted to an aged care facility, the facility has a duty to extend a reasonable amount of care to that resident.
Some of these services may include:
- Maintaining hygienic standards
- Medical care
In the event that a facility fails to maintain these standards or perform these services, they may be held liable for any damages or injuries that the resident may receive as a result.
Some reasons why the facility may not provide certain services include:
- Lack of staff training
- Inexperienced staff
- Inadequate security
- Medication errors
- Inadequate resident monitoring
- Neglecting to provide daily necessities
- Neglecting to identify medical issues
- Third party responsibility
In order to pursue a damages lawsuit, it must be established that negligence was involved in the injury or death of the resident.
At Phillips Law Group, we have many years of experience developing personal injury lawsuits. For help with your claim, call our team today and let us help you to explore your legal options.
Am I Eligible to File A Claim?
It’s important to note that nursing home residents have rights. Of those rights there are five that commonly apply to all residents:
- Privacy – the privacy of nursing home residents often extends to the belongings of the resident, provided that they do not interfere with the safety of other residents.
- To Be Informed – often, the contracts that nursing homes use can be confusing and contain a lot of “fine print”. Residents have the rights to be informed of the fees and services that their contract entails.
- Medical Care – residents have the right to receive medical care.
- Money – when becoming a nursing home facility resident, the person does NOT give up their right to manage their money.
- Respect – as people age, their capacity to look after themselves can diminish over time. All residents have the right to be treated with respect and with dignity.
Additionally, there are generally four types of nursing home facilities:
- Residential Care Facilities – are commonly smaller types of facilities that house twenty or less residents. While medical and nursing care is generally not provided onsite, personal care is available for residents 24 hours a day.
- Intermediate Care Facilities – are smaller, long term care facilities that provide supportive care for up to approximately, 15 residents. These facilities generally do not offer around-the-clock skilled nursing care.
- Skilled Nursing Facilities – are specialty facilities that are staffed 24/7 by medical service professionals including nurses and therapists. These facilities may be a part of a hospital.
- Adult Boarding Facilities – are often located in a residential neighborhood, and can be run by businesses, families or individuals.
… and there can be different regulations that govern each type of facility.
If you or someone that you love has had their rights violated by a nursing home facility – or due to a third party working for the facility – you may be eligible to file a damages claim. To find out if you have a case, call the team of legal professional at Phillips Law Group today.
Phillips Law Group – Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
Types of Nursing Home Resident Abuse
There can be many different types of abuse that residents may suffer from in a nursing home. Some of these may include:
- Neglect – signs may include:
- Dehydration – excessive thirst, dry skin, canker sores.
- Malnutrition – loss of weight, dry skin, repeated infections.
- Bed/Pressure sores – red and/or discolored skin, blisters, open wounds.
- Overmedication – sleeping for long periods of time, reclusive, hallucinations, seizures.
- Physical Abuse – signs may include:
- Broken bones
- Sexual Abuse – signs may include:
- Pelvic injury
- Panic attacks
- Issues walking and/or sitting
- Suicidal attempts/thoughts
- Emotional/Psychological Abuse – signs may include:
- Lack of enthusiasm
- Quick weight loss
- Lack of appetite
- Financial Abuse – signs may include:
- Missing personal items
- Unexplained bank withdrawals
While every case is different, at Phillips Law Group, we believe that all nursing home residents deserve to have their rights protected. For help your potential nursing home abuse lawsuit, contact a nursing home lawyer at our law firm today for a free review of your claim.
Free Consultation – Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
How Can Nursing Home Abuse Be Reported?
In Arizona Law, under A.R.S. Â§ 46-454, health care professionals including nurses, doctors, psychologists, dentists, interns and social workers are required to report signs of nursing home abuse.
There are also a number of institutions that abuse can be reported to:
- Local Law Enforcement
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- Adult Protective Services
- Department of Health Services
- Arizona Attorney General
In the event of a condition that is life-threatening, 9-1-1 can also be used.
Contact A Mesa Nursing Home Abuse Attorney Today
At Phillips Law Group, we have an entire team of attorneys and support staff that are dedicated to protecting the rights of our clients, and we understand the challenges that nursing home abuse victims and their families face.
For more than 27 years, we have represented more than 155,000 consumer clients and recovered more than $1 billion in compensation on behalf of our customers.
Each day we work to provide a legal voice for every day people, against businesses, large corporations and insurance companies. We charge no upfront fees if we take on your case and your initial consultation with a lawyer at our firm, is free.
Phillips Law Group. Free Consultation. Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
Free Case Evaluation
Your message has been sent
Thank you for your message, we will get back to you soon.
- Auto Accidents
- Business Litigation
- Class Action Lawsuits
- Defective Drug
- Defective Products
- Employee Rights
- Employment Law
- Firm News
- Medical Malpractice
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Pedestrian Accident
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Slip and Fall
- Social Security Disability
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
I just wanted to thank Phillips law Group and Vanessa Rodriguez for all the help that she did for my daughter’s case. She was involved in her first accident and she needed the help to deal with these adjusters. Thank you again.
A friend of mine recommended Phillips Law and I’m so grateful, because they were so wonderful, so down to earth, so professional. I felt like they were family.
Great company and awesome service. Thanks Caroline fabos. Kudos to all.
I was recently served court documents that I was being sued from an accident that happened years ago. For someone who has never been through something like this and not familiar with the court lingo or where to even begin, it was very frustrating and stressful. I reached out to a family member who knew Tracy Laskos and the great reputation of Phillips Law Group and within the hours of the initial call for help, I had a direct number to Lead Attorney Nassar. Nassar heard my case and almost instantly put me at ease by explaining the process and how easy it was to handle. Nassar spoke to me like he was a friend, not like I was a client. I am so grateful to Tracy, Nasar and of course my cousin Stephanie for helping out and giving me the direction that I needed to get through this situation. I plan on referring my friends, family and patients that are in need of a personal injury Attorney to Phillips Law Group. Thank you!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
I’ve been working at Phillips Law Group for nearly four years and I can confidently say this is the best personal injury firm in Arizona to work for. The firm is the best for numerous reasons but to start, Phillips Law Group gives employees opportunities for promotions and growth. I started working within the settlement department, moved to a paralegal assistant and grew to be a pre-litigation paralegal with my own case load. Each attorney I have worked for is extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and easy to talk to. Secondly, I love how Phillips Law shows appreciation for employees. They host Friday Zoom Huddles giving out PTO, goodie bags, special shout outs, bonuses and gift cards. They also host extravagant holiday parties and fun contests during the Holidays! Lastly, the firm cares about giving back to the community, which is a trait I value as well. It’s rewarding to see a fast paced firm taking time out of their busy day to pay it forward. I would highly recommend working at Phillips Law Group!
Liz was great
I have been with Phillips Law Group for a little over a year and I have learned what teamwork and family in a workplace looks like. There is always someone around to lend a helping hand, which is something I appreciate and cherish. I feel a sense of joy coming to work every day because of my co-workers as well as being able to help people in what can be a scary and stressful situation. I currently work as a Litigation Legal Assistant with an amazing team. When I started here, I was not very knowledgeable in personal injury. I was lucky to have been placed with an amazing team who was willing to take time to teach and pass on some great skills that have been a huge aid in helping me be successful in my position. I would recommend working here at Phillips Law Group, because they care about their employees and there is so much room for growth.
Kathy Hudson and Donato Giovanatto. Continues to go above and beyond the call of duty. Reaching out to the insurance company about the damage to the vehicle. Forcing them to take responsibility.
I want to thank attorneys Tim and Robert and the paralegal Bethany for all they had done on my case. They were all empathetic, knowledgeable and professional. All my questions were answered, emails returned in a timely matter, and promises fulfilled. I recommend Phillips Law Group if you need help with your injury case.