Mesa Motorcycle Accident Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
Injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents can be life changing. Due to the long recovery times that are often associated with these crashes, family members and other dependents may also be affected.
At Phillips Law Group, our Mesa motorcycle accident lawyers understand the challenges that injured riders and their families may face following a crash. We have a proven record representing motorcycle accident victims including a $4,500,000 recovery for the family of a rider that was fatally injured in a collision, $1,250,000 for a rider that suffered a fractured leg and hip in a crash and $345,000 for a rider that suffered a fractured skull, wrist and facial injuries in an accident.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers charge no upfront fees if we take on your motorcycle accident case and we offer a free, no obligation consultation to help determine if you have a case.
For help with your claim and to find out if you have a case, fill out our “Free Case Evaluation” form on this page or call our team and speak to a lawyer at 1-800-706-3000 .
Phillips Law Group. Free Consultation. Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
How Do I Know If I Have a Case?
In the state of Arizona, motorcycle accident victims have two years to file their damages lawsuit. This date begins from the day the incident took place.
When trying to establish a case, it must be proven that negligence was involved.
In collisions involving another vehicle, there are four components that need to be established:
- Duty of Care – this determines that by having a license to operate a motor vehicle, the at-fault motorist had an obligation to other road users to act in a reasonable and responsible manner, in an effort to protect him/herself and others from harm.
- Breach of Duty of Care – it must be proven that the at-fault driver failed to uphold their duty of care obligation.
- Causation – the lawyers for the plaintiff need to also prove that the negligence from the at-fault party directly contributed to the injuries that were sustained by the rider and any passengers. Having medical records can be helpful to establish this connection.
- Damages – it must be proven that the at-fault driver’s actions resulted in the victim suffering monetary damages. Commonly, these damages may be from medical expenses, lost wages and treatment costs.
An experienced accident attorney at Phillips Law Group can help to firstly, determine if you have grounds to file a lawsuit and secondly, begin to develop your potential case by utilizing tools and services that we have at our disposal. From support staff, to investigators and hiring industry experts, we aim to hold negligent parties responsible for their actions and obtain the maximum amount of compensation that you may be eligible to receive.
What Is My Case Worth?
Injuries from motorcycle accidents are often painful to recover from and take many months of medical treatment and physical therapy. In some instances, riders never fully recover from their injuries.
Consequently, there are a number of items that may be considered when calculating the value of your potential case:
- Medical bills – past, present and future
- Medication costs
- Lost income (past, present and future)
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damage
- Funeral costs
- Medical equipment costs
- Housing upgrades (ramps, hand/grab rails)
In Arizona, drivers must carry:
- A minimum of $15,000 for bodily injury liability coverage
- A minimum of $10,000 for property liability coverage
- A minimum of $15,000 of uninsured motorist bodily liability coverage per person – and $30,000 per accident
- A minimum of $15,000 underinsured motorist bodily injury coverage per person – and $30,000 per accident
This is important, as the insurance policy of the at-fault driver is often where the funds for your claim will be obtained from.
As each case is unique and there are many factors that can contribute to a motorcycle crash, we recommend injured riders and their families use our “Free Case Evaluation” form to contact our legal team today. A lawyer from our firm will review the details of your claim and determine if you have a case. There is no cost for this service and you are not obligated to pursue a case with our firm.
Have Some Questions? Call Us Today. Ph 1-800-706-3000 .
What Is A No-Contact Accident?
No contact accidents are commonly the result of the rider losing control of the motorcycle and crashing, or as a result of a mechanical failure (chain snapping, tire blowout) – where there is no contact with another vehicle. In some instances, there may be an issue with the road surface however, that can be difficult to prove when filing a lawsuit.
No-contact accidents work similarly to other traffic accidents in that it must be determined who caused the accident.
What If The Other Driver Is Uninsured?
In the event that the at-fault motorist has failed to maintain auto insurance coverage – or if the insurance coverage does not cover the damages being claimed in the lawsuit – plaintiff’s may still be able to file a claim against their own insurance policy. However, there are many variables to this, and we suggest that if you are unsure, to reach out and speak to a motorcycle accident attorney at our firm today.
Need Some Help? Call 1-800-706-3000 .
Can I Claim Compensation If I Was Injured When Not Wearing A Helmet?
Under the Arizona Revised Statutes 28-964, the state of Arizona does not require motorcyclists to wear a helmet if they are over the age of 18 years. However, if an adult rider is injured while not wearing a helmet, the insurance company may argue that not wearing a helmet contributed to making their injuries worse – when compared to a similar accident where the rider was wearing a helmet.
You can learn more about this topic from our blog, which can be found “here“.
If you were injured in a crash and were not wearing a helmet, contact a lawyer at Phillips Law today. We can review the details of your specific incident at no cost to you and determine if there is a legal solution available.
Can Injured Passengers File A Claim?
If you are the passenger on a motorcycle that is involved in a collision, you may be eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit.
Depending on the specifics involved in the crash, the injured passenger may be able to claim against:
- The rider of the motorcycle
- The driver of the at-fault vehicle
- The motorcycle manufacturer
Passenger injuries can be just as severe as those controlling the motorcycle. If you need help determining if you have a case, call us today at 1-800-706-3000 .
Phillips Law Group. No Upfront Fees. Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
How Can Phillips Law Group Help?
After being injured in a crash, having a lawyer in your corner can be an important part of the recovery process.
Following an accident, victims are often contacted by the insurance company of the at-fault driver, in an attempt to settle the claim as quickly – and cheaply – as possible. While the insurance company may appear friendly, their primary obligation is to deliver a profit to their shareholders. They do this by generating revenue from the policies they offer, and not paying claims – or paying a small percentage of what the true value of a claim may be.
Insurance companies may also pressure victims into signing documentation and providing statements that – if the case goes to court – can be used against the plaintiff to help discredit their claim.
At Phillips Law Group, we handle insurance companies on a regular basis and understand the strategies they use. We can work to build a strong argument for your damages claim – by gathering evidence, using industry experts to validate your claim and more. We also take each case on a contingency basis – which means that we charge no upfront fees if we take on your case and we only get paid if we obtain a recovery for your case.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
There can be many different reasons that cause or contribute to a motorcycle accident. Some of the most common include:
- Sudden Stops – riders that fail to pay attention or have their vision blocked by an obstacle, may be unable to prevent running into another vehicle that has stopped abruptly. In some instances, the rider may not hit another vehicle, but still be injured after falling off the motorcycle.
- Speed – riding too quickly can result in the rider not having enough time to react to unexpected situations on the road ahead.
- Opened car doors – parked vehicles also pose a threat to riders, where a motorist or passenger may open the door of their parked vehicle without checking the surrounding area for other vehicles &/or pedestrians.
- Hitting car side mirrors – when riders travel between lanes, they run the risk of their hands and/or handlebars hitting the mirrors of the vehicles that they pass. Doing so can result in the rider losing control, causing them to crash.
- Lane splitting– this unsafe riding practice is dangerous for a number of reasons including:
- Other motorists not being able to see the rider when they are riding between lanes
- Riders may not notice the movements of other vehicles
- The movement of traffic can be very difficult for riders to predict – especially in congested areas
- Motorists may not be expecting the rider to travel between lanes and may have an unexpected reaction
- Turning in front of oncoming traffic – accidents at intersections can be fatal. Drivers running red lights or failing to slow down on amber lights may cause riders to mis-judge how much time they have to get across the intersection.
- Road conditions – can also be a cause of motorcycle accidents. Oil on the road, potholes, unfinished roads and road construction cones can be some of the obstacles that riders must safely navigate.
- Mechanical defects – while mechanical defects can be rare, it’s possible that they can contribute to a collision. It can be difficult to prove an accident was caused by a mechanical defect as the duty of care of a rider is to ensure that their vehicle is roadworthy before they head out on their journey.
- Riding under the influence – according to the National Highway Safety Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), more than 40% of motorcycle accidents involve alcohol.
The aftermath of a motorcycle crash can be significant. Personal injury, property damage and fatalities may ensue.
Contact A Mesa Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
For the past 27 years, Phillips Law Group has represented more than 155,000 consumer clients and recovered more than $750,000,000 in compensation for our customers.
Our founding partner – Jeffrey Phillips – is an award winning attorney that is a Top 25 member of the Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association, a Top 10 member of the Trucking Trial Lawyers Association and has successfully obtained verdicts in Maricopa County, Pinal County, Pima County, Mohave County and more.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers have a full team of support staff and we charge no upfront fees if we handle your case.
Phillips Law Group – Free Consultation. Ph: 1-800-706-3000 .
Positive: Professionalism, Quality, Responsiveness, Value As someone who is familiar with the inner workings of the auto insurance industry I can whole heartedly endorse Steven J. Jones and Phillips law group as someone I would want on my side should litigation take place. They handled my case professionally, honestly, and with satisfactory results which I would not have expected without enlisting their help.
My paralegal , Caroline , was on top of her game - very responsive and always answered any questions I had and in a timely manner . My attorney Rob ,was the best attorney I ever had . He explained everything in great detail and had a great sense or humor . He really knows how to bring light To tough , unfortunate situations - I would absolutely recommend them at anyone -
Jasmine Delgado is an amazing paralegal. She was patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend Phillips law group
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️
My Attorney Sean Davis and his paralegal Hannah Dustin worked on my case. They listened to the problems that I was having with my case and they both got right to work. First they found me a doctor that actually listened to my problems from my car accident and worked quickly to form a plan that was comfortable for me and the doctor. The doctor was the best and after a couple of procedures the pain in my neck was gone. Behind the scenes Sean and Hannah were working hard to get my case settled with the insurance company. They kept in contact with me on all aspects of my case. They settled my case much faster than I expected and for more than I was expecting. If you want two real professional legal people to work on your case, I would highly recommend Sean and Hannah to you. I cannot say enough nice things about these two. Thank you so much, Rickey Hart .
I tried a few previous law firms and none would take my car accident case with confidence they could get my anything. Phillips law group took my case and although it took around 4 years to get this case settled as I was in treatment, they never let up with insurance adjusters and they got me as much money as possible. They worked hard for me and advocated for me. Shoutout to key individuals who worked my case nonstop of the years, Robert Ross & Jasmine, you are AMAZING!
Great company and awesome service. Thanks Caroline fabos. Kudos to all.
Phillips law group has an amazing staff and i recommend them to everyone.
Phillips Law Group has a proven track record of success. Juan Roque, in particular, is integral to that. He works with integrity, compassion, and an undefeated optimism that makes him a valuable asset.
Phillips law group is a great firm! Caroline is great.