Lake Havasu City Whistle Blower Attorneys
If you are aware of any activities that may be defrauding the government, talking to a licensed attorney may be in your best interest. Whistleblowers are protected by federal law and may be eligible to obtain a portion of funds recovered in a whistleblower claim.
The Lake Havasu City whistle blower attorneys at Phillips Law Group offer a free, confidential consultation. There are no upfront fees and you will not be obligated to let us handle your claim, even after your free consultation. Phillips Law Group has been helping defend the rights of Arizona residents for over 27 years.
What is the False Claims Act?
The False Claims Act is a federal law that has been in place since the Civil War. It was created to help prevent military contractors from defrauding the government.
This act has been amended several times since it was first created back in 1863. More recently, the False Claims Act has been used to combat fraud in several industries, including energy, housing, construction and health care.
The False Claims Act prohibits:
- Conspiring to submit a false claim
- Intentionally bringing forth or causing a false claim for approval or payment
- Intentionally bringing forth, creating or using false records or materials
- Accepting government property from someone who is not legally authorized to sell it
- Delivering a document that confirms the government is receiving property without verifying if the information is valid
- Maintaining control of a property being used or to be used by the government and intentionally delivering less of that property or money than its proper value
If you are aware of any of the above illegal activities, you can contact one of our trusted Lake Havasu City whistleblower attorneys. We are ready to review the details of your claim in a free case review and determine if you may have a valid claim.
What Can a Whistleblower Attorney Do to Help?
We are committed to keeping whistleblower claims confidential, because we understand the risks you are taking in coming forward. Your consultation is completely confidential and when a claim is filed, it is kept confidential for the first 60 days.
We also have a firm understanding of the False Claims Act and the procedures of filing a claim. We are dedicated to building a robust case to try to convince the government to get on board. When the government gets on board, there is often a higher probability of a successful case.
There are many ways your employer may try to retaliate if they find out about your claim. We are prepared to act if you are retaliated against, in violation of the law. We want victims of retaliation to receive the appropriate relief, whether it is reinstatement, backpay, a promotion or another form of relief.
Call a licensed Lake Havasu City whistleblower attorney today at 1-800-706-3000.
What Type of Compensation Can I Recover?
According to the False Claims Act, if the government takes over the case, a whistleblower may be rewarded between 15 to 25 percent of the amount of compensation the government is able to recover.
If the government does not intervene in your case, and you continue to pursue compensation, you may have the chance to receive between 25 to 35 percent of the funds recovered.
You may also be compensated for any retaliation by your employer for filing a whistleblower claim, such as:
- Denying a promotion
- Negative performance reviews
- Making your tasks more difficult
- Physical or verbal abuse
Our dedicated Lake Havasu City whistleblower attorneys understand the risks you may have taken as a whistleblower, so we are prepared to pursue the maximum compensation available, if you have a case.
What Types of Fraud Does the False Claims Act Cover?
The attorneys at Phillips Law Group are prepared to take on whistleblower claims involving many types of fraud, such as:
- Energy – Sometimes energy companies win government contracts to acquire new land to pursue new sources of energy. Energy companies usually make a deal with the government to provide royalties from any profits. However, energy companies may try to reduce the value of royalties by reporting less profit than they actually achieved.
- Health care – Hospitals or other health care providers may try to submit fraudulent claims by overcharging, charging for the same procedure twice or charging Medicare and Medicaid for services that were never performed.
- Contractors – Bribes, kickbacks and submitting fraudulent certifications are just some of the things that contractors are known to do in their efforts to compete for highly-coveted government contracts.
- Financial – There is often fraud with government pensions and government-backed mortgages.
- Environmental – A common example is lying about services that were never provided. Test results may also be forged to allow or prevent development of land.
- Research – This often means providing false information to qualify for U.S. government grants.
Call a Lake Havasu City Whistleblower Lawyer Today
There are risks involved with blowing the whistle on government fraud. You could be retaliated against and lose your job.
The Lake Havasu City whistleblower lawyers understand the risks whistleblowers take and the importance of confidentiality in these claims. After you meet with us in a free consultation, you will not be obligated to move forward or have us represent you.
We have been protecting the rights of the people of Arizona for nearly three decades and we welcome the opportunity to review the details of your claim.
Our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, meaning we only get paid if we recover compensation on behalf of your whistleblower claim.