Lake Havasu City Train Accident Attorneys
Trains are so large they can cause serious damage when they derail or crash into vehicles, pedestrians or bicyclists. Victims who survive a train accident could have lifelong disabilities that take a devastating toll on their finances and ability to earn an income to take care of their families.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a train accident in Lake Havasu City, Kingman or the surrounding area, reach out to our trusted team at Phillips Law Group today. For nearly three decades, our firm has helped over 155,000 clients recover compensation, including helping a client obtain a settlement of $750,000 for a railroad crossing accident.
Our firm offers a 100 percent free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your situation with us. There is no obligation in taking legal action. But if you do work with one of our experienced lawyers, we provide our services on a contingency fee basis. We do not charge attorneys’ fees or other upfront costs. We only get paid if we help secure compensation for your injuries.
Do I Have a Case?
It is difficult to determine if you have a case without knowing the specifics of your accident. That is why we recommend speaking to a Lake Havasu City train accident attorney from our firm today.
During your free case evaluation, you can discuss what happened, along with your injuries so our lawyers can determine if negligence may have been involved. There are four elements of negligence that must be present in an accident for there to be valid case:
- Duty of care – The at-fault party had a legal obligation to act in a safe manner or take certain safety measures to prevent harm to others.
- Breach of duty of care – The at-fault party failed to uphold his or her legal duty and this put you or others in a dangerous position.
- Causation – The at-fault party’s negligent actions directly led to you suffering an injury. If the situation was handled differently, you would not have suffered an injury.
- Damages – Finally, we must prove that the injuries you sustained from this accident led to out-of-pocket expenses for medical bills, lost wages or other damages like pain and suffering.
Speak to an experienced lawyer from our firm today to find out if you may be eligible to pursue compensation for your injuries.
Who May Be Held Liable for the Accident?
Train accident cases can be complex because there may be more than one liable party. If you have a case, our attorneys at Phillips Law Group are prepared to consult with industry experts to determine the cause of the accident. After we discover how the accident was caused, we may have a better idea of who may be held liable for the train accident.
Parties that are commonly held liable for train accidents include:
- The train operator
- Railroad company
- Track owner
- Light rail transit agencies
- Manufacturer of train or it components
- City/state operators or administrators
Phillips Law Group is here to help train accident victims. Call 1-800-706-3000.
What Type of Compensation Can I Claim?
Your lawyer can help you determine the value of your potential case. We may be able to pursue the following types of compensation:
- Lost wages from the inability to work after the accident
- Past, current and expected future medical costs
- Medical assistive equipment
- Property damage
- Permanent scarring
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
The value of your case depends on many factors, such as the severity of your injuries and how they affect you and your ability to support yourself and your family.
Learn more about the potential value of your claim by contacting our firm.
Is There a Time Limit to File a Case?
In Arizona, personal injury cases, including train accident claims, have a filing deadline of two years from the date of the accident. This time limit is mandated under Arizona’s statute of limitations. Cases that are not filed before the deadline could be dismissed, and you may be prohibited from obtaining compensation.
However, each train accident case is unique, and your claim may have a longer or shorter deadline. If you are filing a claim against a government entity, you must provide notice of your claim within 180 days of the accident. Usually lawsuits against the government must be filed within one year.
Concerned your deadline may have passed? Contact our firm today to find out the deadline that may apply to your claim.
How Can a Lawyer from Phillips Law Group Help?
Having a lawyer on your side can be very important as you attempt to recover compensation. While there are no guarantees in personal injury cases, working with a skilled lawyer often results in injury victims obtaining more compensation.
Our Lake Havasu City train accident lawyers have thorough knowledge of state and federal laws and understand how to apply these laws to cases.
We have the team and resources to launch a thorough investigation of your accident. Some of the steps we may take include:
- Collecting evidence to support your claim
- Gather witness accounts
- Communicating with insurance companies
- Determine the fair value of your claim
- Negotiate for the fair value of your claim
- Reviewing your injuries and damages with experts
- Obtaining and studying the official account of the accident from the National Transportation Safety Board
- Obtaining the black box data from the accident to determine what happened before the accident
We are here to help. Call us to set up your free case evaluation at 1-800-706-3000.
Why do Train Accidents Happen?
There are many types of train accidents that are caused by negligence, including the negligence of those responsible for the safe operation of the train and the rail the train is on.
Some common causes for train accidents include:
- Track failure
- Mechanical failure
- Signal failure
- Excessive speed
- Reckless driving
- Failure of gate arms or lights
If you have any reason to believe negligence was involved, or are unsure of how your accident happened, you should call our firm to discuss possible legal options.
Contact a Lake Havasu City Train Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation Today
If you are a victim of a train accident, we may be able to take legal action. We have the resources and experience to build a robust case as we pursue full compensation for the damages you experienced.
Our firm has worked with over 155,000 clients and obtained more than $750,000,000 in compensation.
We look forward to discussing your claim during your 100 percent free consultation. We do not charge upfront fees. We only get paid if we help you win.