Lake Havasu City Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
- Home / Practice Areas | Phillips Law Group / Practice Areas | Lake Havasu City | Phillips Law Group /
- Lake Havasu City Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
A spinal cord injury could cause lifelong disability and pain and suffering. The costs of treating the injury and managing symptoms could quickly become very difficult for any family to bear.
If you believe your injury was the direct result of another party’s negligence, you should consider contacting a Lake Havasu City spinal cord injury attorney at Phillips Law Group for a free consultation. Founder Jeffrey Phillips and his firms have been helping personal injury victims in Arizona recover compensation for almost three decades ”“ more than $750 million recovered, including a $4 million settlement for a spinal cord injury victim who became paralyzed in an auto accident.
Contact an experienced attorney form our firm for your free consultation to find out if you may be eligible for compensation. You will be charged zero upfront fees and you make no payments unless we win fair compensation. There is no obligation to let us handle your case.
How Do I Know if I Am Eligible to File a Case?
You may qualify for compensation if your spinal cord injury was the direct result of negligence by another party. For example, if you were struck by a drunk driver in a car accident, you may be able to recover compensation from the at-fault party’s insurance company.
Regardless of the situation, if you feel your accident was caused by negligence, you should contact a Lake Havasu City spinal cord injury attorney to discuss what happened. There are many factors we may need to review to determine if you have a viable case.
How Much Compensation Can I Recover?
The amount of compensation depends on the details of your claim, including how you were injured and the severity of your injuries. If you have a valid case, our lawyers are prepared to pursue compensation for all damages, which may include:
- Medical costs ”“ These are past, present and future medical bills associated with your spinal cord injury. Future care may include things like physical therapy or prescription medications.
- Home additions ”“ Some spinal cord injury victims may require special modifications to their homes or vehicles, such as a ramp or lift.
- Lost income ”“ Quite often, spinal cord injury victims are unable to return to work. If you lost wages because of your injury you may be compensated for those wages.
- Lost earning capacity ”“ Sometimes a spinal cord injury is so severe, the victim can no longer return to work in the same capacity as before. This lost earning capacity may be compensable in an injury claim.
- Pain and suffering ”“ This is the physical and emotional pain from the injury. Our lawyers have significant experience estimating fair compensation for these types of damages.
Call us at 1-800-706-3000 to schedule your free case review.
How Much Time Do I Have to File a Case?
Most personal injury cases in Arizona fall under a two-year statute of limitations. Claims must be filed within two years of the date of the injury. However, some cases may need to be filed sooner, such as any claims against the government ”“ one year to file a lawsuit and 180 days to provide notice to the entity you are filing against. Victims who were under the age of 18 at the time of the accident are given until two years after their 18th birthday to file a claim.
If you miss the deadline to file your claim, you may lose the right to seek compensation for your spinal cord injury. This is something our knowledgeable Lake Havasu spinal cord lawyers at Phillips Law Group are prepared to discuss with you.
How Can a Licensed Lawyer Help with my Case?
Most people do not realize the numerous advantages to hiring a licensed lawyer for a serious personal injury claim such as a spinal cord injury claim. Many personal injury victims who decide to hire a lawyer recover larger compensation awards as opposed to those who do not.
If you have a valid case, our knowledgeable lawyers are ready to assist by building a robust case on your behalf. Some of the steps we are prepared to take may include:
- Gathering evidence
- Collecting accident reports
- Interviewing witnesses
- Reviewing medical documentation
- Reviewing insurance policies
- Speaking with insurance adjusters
- Reconstructing the scene of the accident
- Bringing in industry experts as witnesses (if necessary)
- Negotiating fair compensation
- Preparing for trial (if necessary)
If an insurance company does contact you, you can refer them to your lawyer. If you do talk to them, stick to basic facts, avoid opinions. If you are unsure about something, say you do not know. Anything you say may be held against you and the value of your claim.
Different Types of Spinal Cord Injuries
Spinal cord injuries are commonly the result of some type of blunt force trauma to the spinal cord area. However, some injuries can develop from repeating the same movements for a long time. Injuries that occur after a single accident are known as acute spinal cord injuries and those that take time to develop are known as overuse injuries.
Acute Spinal Cord Injuries
Many acute injuries are caused by:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Medical procedures
- Diving accidents
- Sports accidents
Some types of acute spinal cord injuries include:
- Sprains, strains or tears ”“ when the ligaments around the spinal cord are overextended or torn
- Bulging/ruptured discs ”“ discs in the back are compacted so much that they end up touching the nerves near the spinal cord, causing severe pain
- Dislocated or fractured vertebrae ”“ when the vertebrae are under too much pressure, it can cause the bones to crack and/or break, which could cause paralysis and the loss of other functions below the site of the injury
Serious fractures can result in paraplegia, which is the loss of function of the legs or quadriplegia, which is the loss of function in all four limbs.
Overuse Spinal Cord Injuries
These injuries are caused by the repetitive use of the same muscles for an extended period, such as a warehouse worker lifting heavy boxes while using the same motions repeatedly. When the muscles in the back are overused, it can result in:
- Back spasms ”“ This is usually caused when a muscle in the back is forced to contract too quickly, causing sharp immediate pain.
- Back Stiffness ”“ When muscles are overused and not allowed to relax for long periods of time they can tighten and become very stiff. Physical or chiropractic therapy may be required to relieve some of the tension.
If you or a loved one has suffered from any of these types of injuries, and you believe it was caused by the negligence of others, you may have a valid case.
Get in Touch with a Lake Havasu City Spinal Cord Injury Attorney Today
Dealing with a serious spinal cord injury can be quite challenging, physically, financially and emotionally, both for the victim and his or her loved ones.
The Lake Havasu City spinal cord injury attorneys at Phillips Law Group are prepared to answer any legal questions you may have about pursuing compensation. Our firm has represented over 155,000 consumer clients over 27 years. Our founding partner, Jeffrey Phillips, has served as the lead counsel in over 40 jury trials and he is a member of the National Trial Lawyers Association ”“ Top 100.
Contact us today for your free case review. There are no upfront fees and we only get paid if we recover compensation for your claim. You will not be obligated to let us handle your case so there is no risk to you.
Great company and awesome service. Thanks Caroline fabos. Kudos to all.
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
I didn’t know anything about the area, and Phillips Law Group just took care of everything. They helped made sure I knew where I was going, made sure I didn’t have to worry. They literally just took care of me.
Liz was great
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Sophia H is very helpful.
Phillips Law Group does so much for the community!!! I especially enjoy seeing Juan Roque out there. This gentle giant always has a smile on his face and is a part of a caring and giving team.
Phillips law group is a great firm! Caroline is great.
The lawyers here are of top quality. Especially Trey Dayes, who was always respectful and hard-working.