Lake Havasu City Premises Liability Lawyer
Property owners have a legal obligation to maintain a safe environment for permitted guests. When property owners fail to maintain those standards, it may result in an accident.
Our Lake Havasu City premises liability attorneys at Phillips Law Group have been helping injured victims obtain compensation for decades, including a $1,000,000 settlement we obtained for a client who suffered a broken neck, broken collarbone, and paralysis in a premises liability accident.
If you have been injured on another’s property, we welcome the opportunity to discuss your claim during a free, legal consultation. We provide our services on contingency, so there are no upfront fees to pay. We only get paid if we are successful in securing compensation for your injury
Give us a call to get started today: 1-800-706-3000
Am I Eligible to Pursue Compensation?
It is difficult to know if you have a case without understanding the circumstances that led to your accident.
Before proceeding with a claim, your attorney will want to confirm that you had a legal right to be on the property at the time of your accident. The law defines the status of visitors as:
- Invitees – Allowed by the owner to visit the property, such as for the purpose of business.
- Licensees – A visitor at a social gatherings in a private home
- Trespassers – Someone who does not have permission to be on a property. The property owner is likely not responsible for any damages to a trespasser.
- Child trespassers – If a property owner is aware of the possibility that children can trespass on the property, but does nothing to prevent a hazardous condition, he or she may face liability.
A qualified lawyer will also need to determine whether your situation meets these four elements of negligence:
Duty of Care
Establishing that the property owner had a legal obligation to keep you safe on his or her property.
Breach of Duty of Care
Proving the hazard was a violation of the property owner’s duty.
Providing proof of causation, which exists if the property owner was aware of the dangerous condition but neglected to correct or repair it and that hazard then caused you to suffer an injury. This is a difficult task to establish without the help of an experienced attorney.
If you have a valid case, our attorneys will fully investigate the accident in an attempt to prove that there is a link between the negligence of the property owner and your injury.
Establishing evidence that you suffered damages as a result of the property owner’s negligence and your resulting injury, which could be financial, pain and suffering and more.
Premise liability claims are complex. Let a lawyer from our firm help you understand your legal rights and whether you may have a claim. If you were injured on someone else’s property in Lake Havasu City, Kingsman or the surrounding area, contact our lawyers at Phillips Law Group to see if you are eligible to pursue compensation.
Our Premises Liability Attorneys are ready to help. Call 1-800-706-3000
What is the Value of My Premise Liability Claim?
Every case is different and dependent on various factors, so it is not possible to provide a numeric value without reviewing the details in your unique circumstances. However, if you have a valid case, you may be able to pursue certain damages, such as:
- Lost wages from the inability to work
- Past and ongoing medical expenses
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damages
- Cost of surgery
- Prescription medications
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
At Phillips Law Group, our Lake Havasu City attorneys are prepared to walk you through the entire legal process, helping you to understand what is happening each step of the way. Once we review your potential claim, we can discuss your legal options and, if you have a valid case, determine its monetary value. There is no cost for this consultation and no obligation to hire our services.
Complete our case form online today.
Is There a Time Limit to File a Claim?
If you suffered a premises liability injury because of another’s negligence, it is important that you do not delay if you are considering legal action. In Arizona, accident victims have just two years to file a claim. The clock begins ticking from the day the accident occurs. Claimants that surpass this deadline may miss out on the chance to obtain compensation.
Building a strong case takes time, so we strongly recommend contacting our firm without delay. If you believe that your two-year limit may have already passed, it should not discourage you from speaking to a qualified lawyer. Each premise liability claim is unique and your situation may have a different timeframe.
Contact our Lake Havasu City Premises Liability Lawyers: 1-800-706-3000
Types of Premise Liability Claims Our Firm Handles
A premise liability is any dangerous condition that exists on a commercial or residential property that has the potential to cause a serious injury or death, including:
- Construction site injuries – Work zones, such as construction areas, are required to follow industry safety protocols to help avoid a serious accident.
- Slip and fall accidents – Premises liability accidents resulting from obstacles poorly placed on the floor, inadequate lighting, wet floors and more.
- Swimming pool accidents –Property owners must protect and maintain pools to ensure that guests remain safe.
- Fires – The property owner must provide and maintain proper safety equipment like a fire alarm or fire extinguisher.
- Dog bites –If a dog attacks someone, the owner will likely be held responsible.
- Negligent security – Property owners are responsible for mitigating known dangerous conditions, including providing additional safety if his or her property is located in a high crime area.
Other property hazards that could cause an accident include:
- Wet surfaces
- Lack of guard rails on stairs
- Poor lighting
- Loose floor boards or torn carpets
- Machinery malfunctions
- Uneven pavement on the property
- Exposed wiring
- Broken steps
Free consultation. Learn whether you may have a claim. 1-800-706-3000
Contact a Lake Havasu City Premise Liability Attorney Today
If you or a loved one has been injured, it is important to speak to an experienced attorney with a proven track record of successful results. Our founding partner Jeff Phillips is a member of the National Trial Lawyers Association – Top 100 and has obtained successful verdicts throughout Arizona counties including Maricopa, Mojave, Navajo and Pinal.
We have nearly 30 years handling cases like yours and have won hundreds of millions in compensation for injured victims throughout the state of Arizona. Call today to see how we may be able to help you. Our phone lines are open 24/7, so we are available to discuss your claim whenever it is most convenient for you. The consultation is free, and we will not charge for our services unless we achieve compensation for your premise liability accident.
Complete our Phillips Law Group case evaluation form today.