Lake Havasu City DUI Accident Lawyers
Arizona has one of the strictest DUI laws in the country, yet people still choose to operate a vehicle while impaired by alcohol. Tragically, these drivers cause accidents that result in serious, life-changing injuries and senseless fatalities.
At Phillips Law Group, we aggressively fight to recover maximum compensation for DUI accidents victims. If you or a loved one was injured because of a drunk driver, we want to help. Our Lake Havasu City DUI attorneys offer a free review of your potential claim to help determine what legal recourse you may have.
You will not be charged any upfront money if we represent you, and since we collect no fees at all unless we are successful in recovering compensation for you, it is a risk-free decision.
Get started today by calling: 1-800-706-3000.
How Can I Be Sure I Have a DUI Accident Case?
There are many potential factors that may indicate a valid DUI accident case. This includes establishing the at-fault driver was negligent in his or her actions and that negligence was the direct cause of your injuries and other damages sustained.
Having an attorney on your side could be beneficial. He or she has the resources to help conduct a detailed investigation to determine if the other driver was driving while intoxicated and if any additional parties share liability for the accident, as defined by the Dram Shop law.
Establishing negligence involves proving these four elements:
- Duty of care – The at-fault driver had a duty to operate his or her vehicle in a safe manner.
- Breach of duty – The at-fault driver failed to drive responsibly and acted unlike a reasonable person would have done under similar circumstances by driving while intoxicated.
- Causal link – The at-fault driver’s breach of duty directly led to you being injured and had it not been for his or her negligent actions, you would not have otherwise been harmed.
- Damages – You suffered damages that are compensable, such as hospital bills and lost wages.
Free Consultation. No upfront fees. Ph: 1-800-706-3000.
Helpful Steps You Can Take After Your Accident
Protecting your physical safety is your number one priority after being involved in a DUI accident. You may feel dazed immediately following the collision, but it is important that you try to keep calm and do the following as soon as possible:
- Call 9-1-1 – Call the authorities to get help on the scene and report the accident. When the dispatcher asks for information, try to provide the details he or she needs to get responders on the scene, but avoid the urge to ramble. You could inadvertently say something that may hurt your claim. Once an officer arrives, he or she will investigate, make arrests and issue citations.
- Seek medical attention immediately – Get a medical examination immediately after the accident to protect both your health and any potential claim. Some injuries do not appear until several hours to days later, and others may not be visible at all, such as internal injuries. Additionally, seeing your doctor will create an official record of your injuries.
- Take photos of the scene – We recommend taking pictures under extreme caution, because your safety is first. However, if you can take photos from the vantage point of your car, such as any visible damage around you or on the road, this may provide helpful evidence.
- Obtain statements from witnesses – If anyone comes to help, you can ask for a statement and contact details if they saw how the accident happened.
Is It Possible To File a Claim If The At-Fault Driver is Uninsured?
Arizona state laws require every motor vehicle operator to obtain full insurance coverage that includes a minimum of:
- $15,000/$30,000 bodily injury liability coverage per person/per accident
- $10,000 property damage liability coverage per accident
- Underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage (UM/UIM)
If the person responsible for the accident is uninsured, or has insufficient coverage, it may be possible to pursue a claim against your own insurer, but you must currently have UM/UIM coverage on your policy.
We encourage you to contact one of our licensed Lake Havasu City DUI accident attorneys to review the specifics of your potential claim and determine what legal actions you may be able to pursue.
Contact our legal team today at 1-800-706-3000.
How Can A Lawyer at Phillips Law Group Help?
There are a lot of things that happen after an accident, and when you are still in shock and recovering from serious injuries, it can be overwhelming to make decisions that may affect your finances and your health. Having a lawyer from Phillips Law Group on your side could be beneficial in the following ways:
- We have the resources and staff to thoroughly investigate the accident, including hiring any industry experts that may be needed to provide additional evidence on your behalf
- We are prepared to handle all communications and negotiations with the insurance companies so you can focus on your recovery
- We keep you fully informed through every step of the legal process and ensure your rights and best interests are protected
How Long Do I Have To File A Claim?
If you have sustained injuries after an accident with a drunk driver, we welcome the opportunity to help. However, we urge you to contact us as soon as possible. Arizona has a strict filing deadline, also known as a statute of limitations. This deadline gives you just two years from the date of your injury to file a claim.
If your claim is against a government employee, that time frame could be shortened to just 180 days. If you miss your deadline, you will be unable to pursue a claim. Our attorneys can help you understand your specific filing requirements.
What Are Some of the Common Injuries From DUI Accidents?
When someone is driving under the influence of alcohol, his or her reaction time will be noticeably slower than normal. The impact could be significantly more than it would have been with a driver who was not impaired or intoxicated and able to maneuver a vehicle more quickly. This is meaningful to investigators and first responders who are trying to determine who may have caused an accident.
Because of this greater impact, the injuries may also be more serious. Some of the most common injuries that are seen in an accident involving a drunk driver may include:
- Neck injuries, including whiplash
- Deep flesh wounds
- Significant bruising
- Multiple compound fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries
These types of injuries often require costly surgical interventions, lengthy hospital stays and ongoing physical therapy to achieve maximum recovery. This is why we recommend contacting a reputable DUI accident lawyer in Lake Havasu City or Kingman who understands how to properly evaluate claims to help ensure maximum compensation for your injuries and other damages.
Contact a Lake Havasu City DUI Accident Attorney Today
You have nothing to risk by contacting one of our attorneys at Phillips Law Group. Our initial consultations are completely free and provide an opportunity for you to get answers to your legal questions. If we find your claim has merit and you decide to take legal action, you may be eligible for compensation.
We have been representing DUI accident victims for nearly 30 years in Mohave, Pima, Pinal, Yavapai and Maricopa counties. Our founder, Jeffrey Phillips, has been lead counsel in more than 40 jury trials throughout the state of Arizona. He has also been given many honors of distinction, including being selected for membership as a National Trial Lawyers Association -Top 100 every year since 2014.
There are no upfront costs for us to represent you. You do not pay us anything unless we are successful in achieving a verdict or settlement for you.
Phillips Law Group. Ph: 1-800-706-3000.