Glendale Burn Injury Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
Serious burn injuries can cause lifelong pain and disfigurement that can forever alter a person’s life. When these injuries were preventable and due to someone’s negligence, or a product manufacturer’s negligence, you may have a claim for compensation.
The team at Phillips Law Group has helped over 155,000 personal injury clients, including one who received a $325,000 award in a premises liability case in which the client suffered second- and third-degree burns.
Our firm can be contacted 24/7 and we offer a free consultation to explain your rights. There are no upfront fees and you are only charged for our services if we recover compensation on your behalf.
Call Phillips Law Group today to get started. 1-800-706-3000
Can I Pursue Financial Compensation for My Burn Injury?
Each burn injury case is unique and involves different circumstances, so we recommend contacting our qualified Glendale burn injury attorneys to learn if you may have a viable claim.
Most burn injury cases are filed under a theory of negligence. To establish a case for negligence, you must prove the following four factors:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care ”“ There was some legal duty the defendant had to you. For example, product manufacturers must produce safe products that do not present an unreasonable risk of harm. Your landlord also has a duty to follow fire-safety regulations.
- The defendant breached the duty of care ”“ The defendant violated his or her legal duty. Examples of this could include producing a dangerous product with a high risk of catching on fire. For example, maybe a household appliance caught on fire when it was used as intended.
- The breach was the cause of the victim’s harm ”“ The breach of duty must be directly linked to the actual harm that the victim suffered.
- You suffered damages ”“ You incurred medical expenses, lost wages or suffered physically or mentally because of the accident.
Since there is no cost to review your claim, it is often in a potential client’s best interests to contact an experienced personal injury attorney to schedule a free legal consultation. If we find you may have a case, you have no obligation to take legal action.
Contact our firm at 1-800-706-3000 to schedule your free case review.
What Is My Burn Injury Case Worth?
Every case is unique, so it depends on the damages you suffered and the severity of your injuries.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be able to recover compensation for the following damages:
- Past, current, and future medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
If you have questions about the potential value of our claim, call us today to speak to a qualified attorney and to learn more about how we can help you.
Burn injuries can be much more expensive than victims realize, when you factor in the long-term medical bills from the long-term pain and other symptoms caused by these serious injuries. Our attorneys know how to factor all of this in when calculating the value of a claim.
How Can Phillips Law Help Me?
Burn injuries often require multiple surgeries or expensive skin grafts to the burned portion of the body, which result in large medical bills. Additionally, some burn injuries are so severe that a person may not be able to return to work for a significant time, if ever.
During this difficult time, it is a good idea to discuss possible legal options with a licensed attorney with a history of recovering compensation for injury victims in Arizona and extensive knowledge of the law.
Some of the personal injury attorneys at Phillips Law have lectured for the State Bar of Arizona and educated other lawyers on personal injury matters. We put our knowledge on personal injury law to work to assist our clients in all aspects of their case, including conducting an investigation, collecting admissible evidence relevant to the case and preparing all necessary legal filings. We can also handle settlement negotiations or fight for your full recovery in court.
What is the Deadline for Filing a Burn Injury Claim?
There is a two-year statute of limitations in Arizona for personal injury claims, including burn injury claims (Arizona Revised Statutes 12-542). However, there are exceptions to this time limit. For example, if a government entity was responsible for your injuries, your timeline to file a lawsuit is much shorter.
Since each case is unique, we recommend contacting our licensed Glendale burn injury attorneys so we can determine the time limits that may apply to your claim. You can fill out afree case evaluation formto schedule your free consultation.
How Burn Injuries are Categorized
Burn injuriesare put in the following categories:
- First-degree burns ”“ These are superficial burns that only affect the outer layer of skin. There are no blisters. The site of the burn may be red and painful.
- Second-degree burns ”“ These burns affect the outer layer of skin and part of the skin’s lower layer, called the dermis. Individuals with these painful burns often have blisters, and the burn site may be red and swollen.
- Third-degree burns ”“ These burns are full thickness burns that destroy the outer layer of skin and the dermis. Some impact the tissue below the skin. The burn site appears white, charred or blackened.
- Fourth-degree burns ”“ These are the most serious type of burn. They go through all of the skin layers and the underlying tissue and deeper tissue. Some go down to the muscle and bone. Fourth-degree burns destroy nerve endings so there is no sensation to the injured part of the body.
Severe burn injuries often require skin grafts, where healthy skin from somewhere else on the body is taken and placed over the burned skin. This can put you at risk for infections, nerve damage and intense pain. Some patients could have allergic reactions to anesthesia as well.
Common Causes of Burn Injuries
Generally, there are four main types of burns:
- Thermal burns ”“ These burns are caused by contact with fire or other sources of extreme heat.
- Chemical burns ”“ Chemical burns are caused when a person comes into contact with a toxin like acid or a chemical explosion.
- Radiation burns ”“ These burns are formed by contact with nuclear radiation and radioactive materials.
- Light burns ”“ This category of burns is caused by sunlight or UV rays.
These burns can be caused by a variety of things, including the following:
- Car accidents
- Workplace injuries
- Defective products
- Home fires (space heaters, smoking, candles, bad wiring)
- Motorcycle accidents
- Scalding water and pipes
- Electrical wiring problems
- Electrical accidents
- Medical malpractice
Call a Glendale burn injury attorney for a free legal consultation.
What Should You Do After an Accident?
If you suffer a burn injury, it is important that you take quick action. If you have suffered a first or second-degree burn, you may be able to complete some basic first aid before seeking medical attention. This can help prevent infection to the area. Wound treatment includes:
- Soaking the wound in cool water for five minutes or longer
- Applying burn relief cream to the skin
- Using antibiotic ointment and loose gauze to protect the affected area
Avoid using ice, butter or eggs on the affected area as this can make the damage worse. Do not apply cotton balls to the burned area either.
As your wound heals, you will likely need to keep the area clean and put clean bandages on the area to prevent infection.
If you suffer a third- or fourth-degree burn, do not attempt any treatment and call 9-1-1 immediately. Seek medical attention and follow all your doctor’s orders. As your burn heals, take pictures of each stage of your recovery to document the healing process.
Contact Our Glendale Burn Injury Lawyers Today
Contacting a lawyer can be an important part of the recovery process. If you have a case, our lawyers can quickly get to work on your claim and work to protect your interests while you focus on your recovery.
Founder Jeff Phillips is a member of the National Trial Lawyers Association – Top 100 and has obtained verdicts in several Arizona counties, including Maricopa, Pima and Pinal.
We charge no upfront fees and offer a free consultation. Our attorneys do not get paid unless our clients receive compensation.
Call us at 1-800-706-3000 for help with your claim.
Free Case Evaluation
Your message has been sent
Thank you for your message, we will get back to you soon.
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Jeffrey Phillips is truly a brilliant attorney and businessman. I would not hesitate for a moment to contact him if I needed a personal injury attorney in Arizona, you would be fortunate to have him and his team. If you have a car accident, slip and fall in a store, or get punched in the face, call Phillips.
I’ve been working at Phillips Law Group for nearly four years and I can confidently say this is the best personal injury firm in Arizona to work for. The firm is the best for numerous reasons but to start, Phillips Law Group gives employees opportunities for promotions and growth. I started working within the settlement department, moved to a paralegal assistant and grew to be a pre-litigation paralegal with my own case load. Each attorney I have worked for is extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and easy to talk to. Secondly, I love how Phillips Law shows appreciation for employees. They host Friday Zoom Huddles giving out PTO, goodie bags, special shout outs, bonuses and gift cards. They also host extravagant holiday parties and fun contests during the Holidays! Lastly, the firm cares about giving back to the community, which is a trait I value as well. It’s rewarding to see a fast paced firm taking time out of their busy day to pay it forward. I would highly recommend working at Phillips Law Group!
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.
Although my accident was fortunately not a major one, The Phillips Law Group AZ treated it as such. Their staff, specifically Mr Juan Roque was very professional, courteous and most importantly very informative. Mr Roque's attentive service was phenomenal and I highly recommend this firm!
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Jon Jamieson was amazing to work with . He came through with all of his promises.
A friend of mine recommended Phillips Law and I’m so grateful, because they were so wonderful, so down to earth, so professional. I felt like they were family.
Phillips Law Group has a proven track record of success. Juan Roque, in particular, is integral to that. He works with integrity, compassion, and an undefeated optimism that makes him a valuable asset.