Flagstaff Personal Insurance Lawyers
Insurance companies want to settle claims as fast as possible and for far less than they are worth. This is why people who have suffered damages that may be covered by insurance should meet with a licensed attorney to discuss the situation.
The Flagstaff personal insurance lawyers at Phillips Law Group have many years of combined experience recovering fair compensation from insurance companies for our clients. Our firm has obtained more than $750 million in compensation for injury victims in Arizona. Founder Jeffrey Phillips is a member of numerous legal organizations, including The National Trial Lawyers Association – Top 100.
Before discussing your claim with the insurance company, you should strongly consider scheduling a free legal consultation with an attorney from our firm. We can deal with the insurance company on your behalf, if you have a valid claim. There are no upfront legal fees for having us represent you. Our attorneys do not get paid unless you do.
Our firm can take your call any time, night or day. You can also reach out anytime by completing a free online form or doing a live chat – a representative will contact you shortly after you do.
Call Phillips Law Group at 1-800-706-3000
Types of Cases We Are Prepared to Handle
If you suffered a loss that may be covered by any of the types of insurance below, it is important to discuss the situation with one of our licensed Flagstaff personal insurance lawyers.
- Car insurance – After a car accident, victims may be able to seek insurance compensation for medical bills, lost wages and other expenses. However, car insurance companies will work very hard to avoid paying full compensation to victims. They may say the victim is at fault for his or her injuries or his or her injuries were caused by a preexisting medical condition from before the accident. Insurers often contact victims quickly to try to get them to say something that hurts the value of their claim.
- Disability insurance – When someone suffers an injury that leaves him or her unable to work, he or she may qualify for disability coverage. However, the insurance company may try to deny coverage, even for a legitimately disabling injury that has been verified by medical records.
- Health insurance – Health insurance companies deny coverage for a variety of reasons, such as claiming a particular treatment is experimental. They can even deny coverage for treatments that should be covered by the policy, but patients may have to go through a lengthy appeal to finally get the company to provide the coverage the policyholder is entitled.
- Long-term care insurance – Elderly people often purchase these policies to help pay for things their health insurance will not cover. Unfortunately, the elderly must make sure to buy these policies before they develop significant health issues, because otherwise they may be unable to buy them.
- Homeowners or renter’s insurance – These policies cover damage to a home and/or personal property from things like burglaries and weather events, like hurricanes or other dangerous storms. Unfortunately, when homeowners or renters make a claim, the insurance company may deny it, citing fine print in the policy. Insurance companies are also notoriously difficult about providing fair compensation to cover the full cost of damages to personal property or the house.
- Life insurance – These policies often have a lot of restrictions and exclusions that insurers use to deny coverage, such as stringent health requirements. Insurance companies may use other tactics to try to deny coverage, such as increasing monthly premiums to make the policies less affordable.
If you believe you were wrongly denied coverage or are struggling to recover fair compensation for damages, you could benefit from an attorney’s help. Our Flagstaff personal insurance attorneys can review your claim in a free legal consultation to determine how we may be able to assist you.
If you have a valid claim, we are aggressive negotiators who are prepared to pursue maximum compensation. We are also prepared to go to court if necessary. It is very important to be represented by an attorney who is ready to go to court and has been successful obtaining favorable verdicts. Otherwise you may not be able to obtain full compensation for your damages.
Common Reasons Why Insurance Claims Are Denied
If your claim was denied for any of the reasons below, or another reason not listed, you should discuss the situation with one of our Flagstaff personal insurance lawyers in a free consultation.
- You waited too long to notify the insurance company – You should notify the insurance company soon after the accident that caused damages because there are often deadlines for filing claims. If you miss the deadline, you may lose the right to pursue insurance compensation. You do not need to provide extensive detail. You just need to notify them that you suffered damages and want to file a claim. You can refer them to your attorney after that.
- You did not seek treatment at the time of your injury – It is so important to quickly seek medical treatment after suffering an injury. This helps to ensure your injuries are properly treated before they worsen. Seeking immediate treatment also helps to link your injuries to the accident. If you do not do this, the insurance company is more likely to question whether you were really injured in the accident. The insurance company may also question the severity of your injury and reduce the value of your claim accordingly. Even if you do not feel much pain after an accident, it is best to seek treatment because you may have injuries that will take a few days to cause pain or physical effects.
- You have a pre-existing injury – This is something insurance companies often argue. They often ask victims to sign a release so they can access their medical records from before the accident. They do this because they are fishing for information to use against the victim in their claim. This is why victims should never agree to sign a medical release before discussing it with an experienced Flagstaff personal insurance lawyer.
- You are liable for your damages – This is common after car accidents. The insurance company may say you forgot to make a certain maneuver or maintain your tires or another part of your vehicle and this was the cause of the accident, not the other driver’s negligence. Even if the insurance company says you are partially at fault, it may use this as justification for reducing the value of your claim.
- Your specific damages are excluded from coverage – Insurance companies often cite fine print in a policy as a justification for denying coverage. Sometimes they may be right about it, other times it may just be them trying to avoid paying what policyholders are entitled. This is something you should carefully review with your attorney. Our Flagstaff personal insurance attorneys have many years of combined experience sorting through insurance policies to find out what is covered and what is not.
- Your policy lapsed for non-payment of the premium – It is important to make sure you pay your insurance premiums on time. If you do not, the insurance company may claim you lacked coverage at the time the accident occurred.
Call us today for a free legal consultation to determine if you may be eligible for compensation. We have the resources, experience and knowledge to help build a strong case on your behalf.
You can call our firm 24/7 at 1-800-706-3000.
When is an Insurance Company Acting in Bad Faith?
Usually, insurance companies and policyholders enter into an insurance policy in good faith – if you pay your premiums and follow the company’s regulations, you should receive compensation for covered losses. Good faith means both sides agree to be honest and sincere in their dealings with each other.
Sometimes insurance companies act in bad faith after a policyholder files a claim. When this happens, an attorney may be able to help you pursue a bad faith claim against the insurance company.
However, these claims are very complicated. It is generally recommended to discuss the situation with a qualified attorney who can determine if you have grounds for a bad faith claim.
Call a Flagstaff Personal Insurance Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Our firm has provided trusted representation to more than 155,000 clients over more than two decades. We regularly negotiate with insurance companies and are very familiar with their methods for trying to devalue claims or avoid paying fair compensation for legitimate claims.
You can discuss your situation with us for free in an initial consultation. We can determine if you may be eligible for insurance compensation and if the insurance company has acted in bad faith or unjustly denied your claim. We understand how important it is to recover fair compensation after suffering damages covered by insurance.
At Phillips Law Group, personal injury victims do not pay any upfront fees for our services. If we take a case, our lawyers do not get paid unless the client does.
Our firm is here to help injury victims. Call today 1-800-706-3000