Flagstaff Motorcycle Accident Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
Almost any motorcycle accident can cause severe injuries, no matter how slow the rider may have been traveling.
If you or a family member were injured or died in a motorcycle accident, contact an experienced Flagstaff motorcycle accident lawyer at Phillips Law Group for help. You may be eligible to seek compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. Our firm has more than two decades of experience obtaining more than $1 billion in compensation for our clients, including a $7.65 million settlement on behalf of a motorcyclist who suffered a skull fracture and traumatic brain injury. Founder Jeffrey Phillip is a Top 25 member of the Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association.
Our lawyers are available 24/7 to discuss your claim with you. We charge no upfront fees and provide a free consultation to explain legal options you may have.
Give us a call at 1-800-706-3000 to get started on your claim.
Can I File a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
You may be eligible for compensation if our attorneys can prove the other driver acted in a negligent manner. Proving negligence is complicated because there are four parts:
- Duty of care ”“ You must establish the at-fault party owed you a duty to be cautious to prevent you from getting hurt.
- Breach of duty ”“ The at-fault party failed to uphold the duty of care and caused you harm. For example, the at-fault party may have been distracted or impaired while behind the wheel.
- Causation ”“ You must establish a direct link between the breach of duty of care and your injuries.
- Damages ”“ You suffered measurable damages, such as medical expenses or loss of wages.
A Flagstaff motorcycle accident lawyer at Phillips Law Group is prepared to review your situation during a free consultation.
Give us a call at 1-800-706-3000 to set up your free case review.
What Is My Case Worth?
This is one of the most common questions that we receive from potential clients, but there is no standard answer because every case is unique.
Your damages may consist of:
- Property damage ”“ You might be entitled to compensation for the cost to repair or replace your bike and any other property that was damaged in the accident.
- Medical expenses ”“ You may be able to receive compensation for emergency medical treatment, hospital stays, ongoing care, surgery, rehabilitation costs, imaging tests, medication and other medical expenses, both now and in the future.
- Lost wages ”“ Many motorcycle accidents make it impossible for motorcyclists to return to work quickly. Injury victims could receive compensation for time they missed while receiving medical treatment and recovering.
- Lost earning capacity – Some motorcycle accident victims are never able to return to work again or in the same capacity as before. Compensation may be available for lost earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering ”“ This refers to pain and suffering and mental anguish after the crash.
Our lawyers will need to review details of your accident to determine the value of an injury claim. We can discuss this information during a free case review.
Deadline to File a Motorcycle Accident Claim in Arizona
Most personal injury cases in Arizona, including motorcycle accidents, have a two-year filing deadline. This means cases must typically be filed within two years from the date of the accident. If you fail to file before the deadline passes, your claim could be barred.
There are various exceptions to this, so you may have a shorter or longer deadline. It is in your best interest to reach out to one of our experienced Flagstaff personal injury attorneys to discuss the deadline that may apply to your claim.
Can I Still Sue If I Was Not Wearing a Helmet?
Yes, you can still pursue a case if you were not wearing a helmet. Arizona law does not require motorcyclists to wear a helmet if they are at least 18 years old. This is an issue to discuss with a licensed Flagstaff motorcycle accident attorney in a free consultation.
Insurance Coverage for Motorcycle Accidents
Arizona has a fault-based insurance system. Generally, this means the person responsible for causing the motorcycle accident is also responsible for paying for the damages the victim suffers.
Every motorist in the state is required to maintain a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage, which pays for the other party’s property damage and bodily injury when the insured is at fault for the accident.
The minimum amounts of liability coverage include:
- $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person
- $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident
- $10,000 of property damage coverage
If our Flagstaff motorcycle accident lawyers pursue your claim, we can pursue the full value of your damages, up to the limits of the at-fault driver’s coverage (many drivers purchase more than the minimum required coverage).
You may also be able to obtain coverage from your own insurance policy, if you have the following coverages:
- Collision coverage ”“ This type of insurance coverage pays for damages to your bike that you cause.
- Medical payments coverage ”“ This type of insurance coverage pays for medical expenses no matter who is at fault for the accident.
If the other driver had no insurance or his or her insurance was insufficient to cover your damages, you may be able to receive compensation from your own uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage. Arizona law requires motorcyclists and drivers to carry a minimum of $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident.
Our Flagstaff motorcycle accident lawyers can review the insurance coverage that may be available in your situation. We are well-versed in Arizona insurance requirements and motorcycle laws.
Call us right away at 1-800-706-3000 for a free and confidential consultation.
Common Causes Motorcycle Crashes
Motorcycle accidents are often caused by negligent drivers. Common examples of negligence that may lead to motorcycle crashes and injuries include:
- Distracted driving
- Turning in front of a motorcyclist
- Impaired driving
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
- Following too closely
- Disobeying traffic lights or stop signs
- Not checking blind spots before changing lanes
- Failing to signal before switching lanes
Risks Motorcyclists Face
Riding a motorcycle requires extra skill and attention to stay safe. Riders have an increased risk of accidents and serious injuries due to these factors:
- Lack of protection ”“Motorcyclists have virtually no protection in a crash, there are no airbags or seatbelts. Many riders choose to ride without a helmet. Even wearing a helmet may not prevent serious injury.
- Less visibility ”“ Motorcycles are smaller and can be quieter than cars, so other motorists may not be aware of them. Wearing brightly colored clothing can help increase visibility.
- Less stability ”“ Motorcycles have less stability than other types of vehicles because they only have two wheels.
- Road hazards ”“ Uneven road surfaces, wet pavement and road debris represent dangerous road hazards for motorcyclists that can cause a rider to be thrown from the bike or lose control.
Speak to Our Flagstaff Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Today
If you were harmed in a motorcycle accident or lost a loved one in a fatal motorcycle crash, it is important to seek legal representation. Our Flagstaff motorcycle accident lawyers can review the circumstances of your claim during a free case review. We charge no upfront fees and only get paid if we recover compensation on your behalf.
Our main office is in Phoenix, not far from Flagstaff, but we can come to you or you can contact us by phone, case evaluation form or live chat any time.
Schedule your free consultation by calling us at 1-800-706-3000 or fill out our Free Case Evaluation form today.
Free Case Evaluation
Your message has been sent
Thank you for your message, we will get back to you soon.
If you are in need of legal support for a motor vehicle collision of any kind, I highly recommend going to Phillips Law Group Injury Lawyers. Sean Davis has exemplary knowledge and experience in this field, compassion for his clients, and excellent judgment and communication skills.
I would like to send special thanks to Phillips Law Group for giving me the opportunity to be a part of the Best Law Firm here in the Valley. During these troubling times with the epidemic, Phillips Law Group has masterfully created this family-like environment while still maintaining a professional and business-like approach for all their clients. Thru impeccable leadership that is unmatched by other law firms to the Multi-diverse employment opportunities that many employees advance within the firm; Phillips Law Group has not only distanced themselves from all other competition in the Personal Injury field but also has innovatively changed the narrative of being a great law institution. From providing Employee Appreciation Day to celebrating all major Holiday including great competitive contests; Phillips Law Group has the total participation of all employees to help contribute to the continued success of this firm. So in closing I would like to thank Senior Administration (Jeffery Phillips, Eva Chiaramonte, and Tim Tonkin) along with all of my colleagues and many friends for help making Phillips Law Group a unique and wonderful place to call my place of employment for 6+ years.
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Jeffrey Phillips is truly a brilliant attorney and businessman. I would not hesitate for a moment to contact him if I needed a personal injury attorney in Arizona, you would be fortunate to have him and his team. If you have a car accident, slip and fall in a store, or get punched in the face, call Phillips.
It’s an Honor and a Privilege to work for a company that cares about its employees and clients for 12 years. I’ve seen Management go out of their way to help someone whether it’s a personal matter or work related. I am also reminded of many occasions where a Client needed urgent help and we as a Team were able to get the person immediate assistance. At Phillips Law we make that happen through Teamwork and a dedication to our profession. I’ve had numerous jobs in several other fields, those were just jobs. This is a home. Many of us have been here for quite a few years, it feels like one large extended family.
The lawyers here are of top quality. Especially Trey Dayes, who was always respectful and hard-working.
I have been with Phillips Law Group for a little over a year and I have learned what teamwork and family in a workplace looks like. There is always someone around to lend a helping hand, which is something I appreciate and cherish. I feel a sense of joy coming to work every day because of my co-workers as well as being able to help people in what can be a scary and stressful situation. I currently work as a Litigation Legal Assistant with an amazing team. When I started here, I was not very knowledgeable in personal injury. I was lucky to have been placed with an amazing team who was willing to take time to teach and pass on some great skills that have been a huge aid in helping me be successful in my position. I would recommend working here at Phillips Law Group, because they care about their employees and there is so much room for growth.
Two family members were in a bad wreck a couple of years ago, and as a result called Phillips Law to represent them. Montana Thompson was the attorney assigned to the case with the help of Nemo Farr as legal assistant. Mr. Thompson litigated a very generous settlement for both my stepdaughter and her son. Because my grandson is a minor, I decided to act as conservator for him to ensure the settlement was safe and secure. Montana helped with that process, but it was Nemo who went way above and beyond the call in finding a financial institution to use for the restricted account. There were some glitches in that process but Nemo helped navigate them with a calm expertise which belies his age. I would consider them both great representatives of the level of commitment to their clients and assets to their firm.
I would like to thank Vanessa Rodriguez for helping me with my case because I was in total shock about the accident. She had listened to all my concerns and had answered every question I had . She was great !!!
Definitely recommend! Awesome