Flagstaff Dog Bite Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
When a dog bites or attacks someone, severe injuries can happen, especially when the victim is a child or an elderly person. If you or a family member has been injured by in a dog biting incident, contact our Flagstaff dog bite lawyers to request a free, no obligation consultation. Depending on your situation, you may be eligible to pursue for compensation for related medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
For over 27 years, Phillips Law Group has helped many injury victims throughoutCoconino County recover maximum compensation, obtaining verdicts and settlements totaling more than $1 billion. Founding partner Jeffrey Phillips is a Leaders Forum member of the American Association for Justice.
Let us review your claim and discuss your legal options in a 100 percent free consultation. There is no risk or obligation to pursue legal action. There also are no upfront fees when you use our legal services ”“ we work on a contingency fee basis and are only paid if we secure compensation for you.
Can I File a Dog Bite Injury Claim?
Arizona laws follow strict liability for claims involving dog bites. According to ARS 11-1025, the dog’s owner could be held liable for injuries and damages caused by the animal. This liability applies to scenarios where a dog bite occurs on public or private property, as long as the victim had legal permission to be on the premises.
For a dog bite claim to be valid and to hold an owner responsible, proving negligence is not required. It does not have to be proven that the owner was aware that the dog was dangerous. If the victim is found to have provoked the dog, the victim and dog owner may be found jointly liable for the incident.
To determine if you are eligible to file a claim for your dog bite injuries, schedule a free, no obligation consultation with our legal team today. A Flagstaff dog bite lawyer from our firm is prepared to review your situation and inform you of the legal options that may be available for pursuing damages.
How Much Is My Dog Bite Case Worth?
Dog bite injuries can result in significant medical expenses, time off work for recovery and even lasting impairments. As each case is different, the value of your potential dog bite case will depend on the specifics of your situation. Our Flagstaff dog bite attorneys will consider the following details and more:
- The type of injury sustained
- What part of the body was injured
- The injury’s severity
- If scarring or disfigurement was a result of the bite
- Medical costs for treatment of the bite wound
- How much time you took off work to recover from your injuries
- Future medical costs required for the treatment of your injury
- Therapy required to cope with the emotional trauma a dog attack may cause
- The physical and emotional pain you suffered as a result of the dog bite
If you have questions about how much your potential dog bite case is worth, we are here to help provide the answers. We charge no upfront fees if we decide to represent you.
Schedule a free consultation today. Call 1-800-706-3000 .
How Can Phillips Law Group Help?
We will review your claim and determine its potential value. If you are eligible to pursue legal action, we can perform a full investigation and help you try to seek maximum compensation for your injuries. Our Flagstaff dog bite lawyers are well-versed in the Arizona laws that dictate liability in the event of a dog attack. We guide you through the legal process and keep you informed of your claim’s progress at all times so you know exactly what to expect.
Phillips Law Group has helped many dog bite victims recover the compensation for their injuries. See what some of our satisfied clients have to say about working with our experienced legal team. Request a free consultation to learn if you have a case for compensation and how our firm may be able to help.
How Long Do I Have to File a Dog Bite Claim?
In most instances, dog bite victims in Arizona generally have two years from the date of the attack to pursue legal action against the dog’s owner. Failure to file within this deadline may result in you being barred by the court and forfeiting your ability to pursue compensation.
However, there may be certain exceptions to this rule that requires you to file sooner or later, such as if the dog bite victim is a minor.
If you are unsure if your deadline to file has passed, we recommend you contact a licensed Flagstaff dog bite attorney from our firm as soon as possible. We can help ensure your best interests are protected.
Types of Dog Bite Injuries
Children and the elderly are at a higher risk of obtaining severe injuries when involved in a dog attack. Common injuries that result from dog bites include:
- Puncture wounds
- Facial injuries
- Eye injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Nerve damage
- Emotional trauma
While any dog can become dangerous, especially when provoked, certain breeds are considered more dangerous. You should exercise caution in any interaction with the following breeds, as the risk of a dog bite or attack may be higher:
- Alaskan Malamute
- Bull Terrier
- Chow Chow
- Doberman Pinscher
- German Shepherd
- Great Dane
- Pit Bull
- Siberian Husky
- St. Bernard
How to Protect Your Dog Bite Claim
As the victim of a dog bite, it may difficult to know what your next steps should be. Taking these steps after the incident may help ensure your health and safety as well as protect your legal rights:
- Seek immediate medical treatment ”“ All dog bite injuries should be attended to by a doctor. Even the slightest wound poses a serious risk for infection and scarring. Seek medical care immediately after your injury to receive proper treatment. Your medical records can help link your injuries to the dog bite, which can be important evidence as you pursue legal action.
- Follow doctors’ orders ”“ It is important that you follow your doctor’s treatment plan throughout the recovery period. Doing so gives you the best shot at recovery and shows your commitment to treatment. Disobeying doctors’ orders may be used against you if you choose to pursue legal action.
- Report the incident ”“ All dog bites must be reported to the Coconino County Health and Human Services Animal Management. A dog bite report can be completed online. If there is a risk of rabies, the dog may be quarantined to observe for signs of rabies so that you may receive proper treatment if necessary.
- Document the injury ”“ Take photos of the scene of the attack, the dog, and your dog bite wound, including any bruising, lacerations, blood, redness and clothing damaged. These photos could be used to prove how severe the incident and injuries were at the time of the incident. Continue to take photos of your injuries throughout the healing process as well.
- Identify the dog owner ”“ If you are able to identify the dog’s owner, write down the owner’s name, address and phone number. Get the dog’s veterinary information so that you may verify the animal’s shot records. Also ask for the dog owner’s homeowners insurance information, as this coverage may provide compensation for your injuries.
- Talk to witnesses ”“ If anyone else saw the dog attack, collect their names and contact information. A Flagstaff dog bite attorney will use this information to contact witnesses later on for an interview regarding what was seen or heard during the attack.
After seeking medical treatment, another important step is contacting a licensed Flagstaff dog bite lawyer who can determine the legal options that may be available to pursue the compensation you need.
Need legal help? Contact our office today by calling 1-800-706-3000 .
Contact a Flagstaff Dog Bite Lawyer to Get Started
A dog attack is a traumatic event, which can leave victims with severe physical and emotional wounds. Working with a qualified lawyer is a key part of the recovery process ”“ he or she can help handle the legal process on your behalf so that you may focus your full attention on getting better.
You can reach us online or by phone 24/7 to request a free consultation. There are no upfront fees when you work with our firm. With our contingency fee agreement, you only pay us if we recover compensation for you.
Free Case Evaluation
Your message has been sent
Thank you for your message, we will get back to you soon.
Juan Roque has been integral with my legal needs. Communication has been easy. He conveys information I can easily understand without a lot of "Legal Fluff" jargon. I will certainly do business with Phillips Legal team again and refer them to my friends and family.
Many companies talk about teamwork but few practice it. Many companies talk about an employee friendly environment but few actually provide it. At Phillips Law Group the foundation of our success is making sure we work as a team and that we work in an environment that allows everyone to thrive and be at their best every day. Our firm understands that in order for the client to have a great experience the people responsible for that client’s case must be given all the necessary tools and encouragement to make that happen. That’s the Phillips Way. As a manager of this firm in charge of several employees as well as directly affecting the client’s experience I take tremendous pride in saying we live by these premises and we work hard to build on them and make them better every day. This is an amazing place because it has amazing people working here!
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
I just wanted to thank Phillips law Group and Vanessa Rodriguez for all the help that she did for my daughter’s case. She was involved in her first accident and she needed the help to deal with these adjusters. Thank you again.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️
Working at Phillips Law Group has been great the 1st few years in I noticed how well organized and run this Firm was from Intake to Settlement the Client has the expertise of a staff member uniquely qualified for the particular stage of each Clients claim and all other Law firms try to emulate what we do here but none quite get it right because they lack one major component “Compassion”. We are a FAMILY not just a group of people/employees. We care deeply about each other and our clients’ we are considerate, compassionate and make sure that all our Clients’ needs are met from beginning to end. That’s because we treat our clients just like we treat each other. Nothing like walking through the office and saying Hello to fellow employees who always seem to be smiling. 16yrs in and it only seems to be getting better.
Kathy Hudson and Donato Giovanatto. Continues to go above and beyond the call of duty. Reaching out to the insurance company about the damage to the vehicle. Forcing them to take responsibility.
Definitely recommend! Awesome
Phillips law group is a great firm! Caroline is great.
I would have no hesitation at all recommending Phillips Law Group. In particular, Juan Roque has impressed me with his professionalism, his integrity and his heart for the community!