Avondale Negligent Security Claims Lawyer | Phillips Law Group
When you enter a business or store, you expect that you are safe from criminal activity or other harm. Generally, property owners have a legal duty to keep their premises safe, including from hazardous conditions or crime. When a visitor is injured on the property, the property owner may be held liable for the victim’s damages.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a similar situation, it is recommended to speak to an experienced Avondale negligent security attorney to understand your potential legal options. At Phillips Law Group, our firm has over 27 years of experience assisting more than 155,000 clients. We helped a client obtain a $1 million settlement after suffering from a broken neck injury due to a premise liability situation.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss your situation with us during a free, no-obligation consultation. He or she can review your claim and may be able to determine the next steps toward obtaining compensation for your losses. Our services are provided on a contingency fee basis, so there are no upfront costs or attorney’s fees when you work with us. We only get paid if we help secure compensation for the damages you experienced.
What Is Negligent Security?
All property owners have a legal obligation to provide a safe environment for residents, customers or other visitors. This includes protecting individuals from criminal activity. When property owners fail to take security measures and someone is harmed as a result, the property owner may be held responsible for the victim’s injuries.
Examples of negligent security may include:
- Failing to hire security guards
- Leaving doors or windows unlocked
- Failing to provide enough lighting in and outside the premises
- Not equipping the property with security cameras
- Failing to monitor security cameras
- Failing to install gates or limit access to the property
If there are security threats on the property, the property owner is expected to take proper actions to try to prevent harm to others. For instance, if a property owner is aware of car break-ins in the area, the property owner may be obliged to hire additional security during late hours to combat the issue.
Am I Eligible to File a Negligent Security Claim?
Negligent security cases are often filed by victims of an accident or crime that occurs on someone else’s property. This may include:
- Customers/shoppers at retail stores
- People vacationing at a resort or cruise line ship
- Hotel guests
Victims of negligent security claims must have had permission to enter the premises. Trespassers typically do not have grounds to pursue a claim, however, children who were trespassing may still have a case.
Determining if you have a valid case to pursue financial compensation is difficult to do without the knowledge and resources of a knowledgeable Avondale negligent security lawyer. Our team at Phillips Law Group can review your claim and determine if you have grounds to pursue a case. We will review the four elements of negligence needed to pursue a case. These elements include:
- Duty of care ”“ We must prove that the property owner had a legal obligation to provide adequate security to prevent harm to you or other visitors on the property. You may also be able to prove duty of care if you have a contract with the property owner that outlines this requirement, such as a residential lease.
- Breach of duty of care ”“ Next, we must show that the property owner failed to fulfill his or her legal obligation by not handling a dangerous situation in a reasonable manner. For example, the property owner may have neglected fixing a lighting issue or not hiring a security guard.
- Link between your injuries and breach of duty ”“ The next element we must prove before filing a claim is that the property owner’s breach of duty of care caused you to suffer an injury. For example, if you suffered a bad fall in an area that lacked adequate lighting, this may be the basis for a premises liability case.
- You suffered damages ”“ The last element to prove is that you suffered some form of damage as a result of the incident. This may be from medical expenses needed to address the injury or lost wages from missing time at work to recover from those injuries.
Our team is available to discuss your claim at any time. We can explain in detail which elements are needed to prove a claim and how we may be able to help to build a strong case.
We are here to answer your legal questions. Call us today to get started at 1-800-706-3000 .
What Is the Value of My Negligent Security Claim?
It is difficult to put an exact dollar value to your claim without knowing the details of your situation. Your Avondale negligent security attorney at Phillips Law Group may help determine how much your claim is worth.
If you have the option to pursue financial compensation, we may be able to obtain the following types of compensation on your behalf:
- Past, current and future medical expenses
- Property damages
- Lost wages
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
There may be other forms of compensation you are eligible for, depending on the specifics of your claim. It is important to discuss your claim with a skilled attorney, so that you can understand the full value of your claim and how to obtain compensation.
How a Lawyer from Phillips Law Group Can Help Your Claim
Having an experienced Avondale negligent security attorney may benefit your case for a number of reasons. Our attorneys at Phillips Law Group have helped hundreds of thousands of clients recover from accidents and assisted them in getting their lives back on track. If you have a valid case, we may be able to help with the following:
- Investigate the accident ”“ If we validate your claim, our team is prepared to do a thorough investigation of your claim to fully understand the circumstances and what caused the accident. This will help determine liability and the breach of duty of care.
- Gather evidence ”“ We can seek important evidence that helps support your claim. This may be from medical documentation that connects your injury to the accident, or from photos and video footage of the accident scene.
- Handle communication ”“ It is likely that the insurance company involved will contact you and try to get you to say something that will hurt your claim. We can work to avoid this situation by communicating with all involved parties and insurance companies.
- Gather witness testimonies ”“ Witnesses testimonies may help validate your claim or increase the value of your claim. We are ready to speak to people who saw your accident and who may be able to testify on your behalf.
- File important documents ”“ It is imperative that all documents relating to your claim are filed accurately and on time.
We can review your options further during a 100 percent free consultation. Our firm can be contacted 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Contact our firm to get the legal answers you need today.
Is There a Deadline to File a Negligent Security Claim?
Usually, a negligent security claim must be filed within two years, starting from the date you obtained the injury. This is mandated by Arizona’s statute of limitations. Claims that are filed after this deadline may run the risk of the claim being dismissed, which means that you will lose out on the chance to pursue compensation for your injuries.
Two years may seem like enough time to file a claim, and this may cause some victims to wait till the last minute to file. This is an unfortunate circumstance, because building a strong case takes time. That is why we recommend speaking to an attorney immediately following the incident so that your attorney can begin the investigation, if he or she validates your claim.
If you miss the two-year deadline, it is still a good idea to reach out to a lawyer, who may be able to pursue your case. Negligent security claims are unique and there may be certain exceptions in your situation that would allow you to file after the two-year deadline.
Contact our team at Phillips Law Group to learn more.
Types of Negligent Security Cases
Negligent security situations can occur on almost any type of property that belongs to someone else. We are prepared to handle cases involving the following establishments:
- Apartment buildings
- Shopping centers
- Hotels and motels
- Parking garages
- Office buildings
- Retail stores
- Bars and nightclubs
- Transportation depots
Negligent security can also cause serious injuries that may change the trajectory of a person’s life. Injuries that may arise from negligent security situations include:
- Gunshot wounds
- Stab wounds
- Restraint injuries
- Sexual assault injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Emotional and mental injuries
If a property owner’s lack of security caused you to suffer harm, you may have the option to seek compensation for the damages the experience has caused you to suffer. Our team at Phillips Law Group is here to help.
Contact an Experienced Attorney from Phillips Law Group Today
Negligent security cases can be complex and involve many factors. It is important to have an experienced and knowledgeable team to help guide you through it. Our trusted attorneys work to protect the best interests of our clients. We have obtained more than $750 million in compensation.
Our founding partner Jeff Phillips is a member of the American Association for Justice and has secured verdicts throughout Arizona, including in Pima, Navajo, Mohave, Maricopa, Pinal, and Yavapai counties.
Get your free consultation today by contacting our team. There is no obligation to take legal action and no risk in finding out what options may be available to you. We work on a contingency fee basis, so there are no costs to you unless we help you win compensation.
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
Positive: Professionalism, Quality, Responsiveness, Value As someone who is familiar with the inner workings of the auto insurance industry I can whole heartedly endorse Steven J. Jones and Phillips law group as someone I would want on my side should litigation take place. They handled my case professionally, honestly, and with satisfactory results which I would not have expected without enlisting their help.
Phillips law group is a great firm! Caroline is great.
Phillips Law Group has a proven track record of success. Juan Roque, in particular, is integral to that. He works with integrity, compassion, and an undefeated optimism that makes him a valuable asset.
The lawyers here are of top quality. Especially Trey Dayes, who was always respectful and hard-working.
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
I tried a few previous law firms and none would take my car accident case with confidence they could get my anything. Phillips law group took my case and although it took around 4 years to get this case settled as I was in treatment, they never let up with insurance adjusters and they got me as much money as possible. They worked hard for me and advocated for me. Shoutout to key individuals who worked my case nonstop of the years, Robert Ross & Jasmine, you are AMAZING!
Jeffrey Phillips is truly a brilliant attorney and businessman. I would not hesitate for a moment to contact him if I needed a personal injury attorney in Arizona, you would be fortunate to have him and his team. If you have a car accident, slip and fall in a store, or get punched in the face, call Phillips.
Although my accident was fortunately not a major one, The Phillips Law Group AZ treated it as such. Their staff, specifically Mr Juan Roque was very professional, courteous and most importantly very informative. Mr Roque's attentive service was phenomenal and I highly recommend this firm!
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.