Avondale DUI Accident Attorney
DUI accidents can cause a victim to suffer severe injuries that may require extensive medical treatment. Recovering from these types of accidents can be costly. That is why it is important to review your potential legal options with a licensed Avondale attorney to find out if you are eligible to obtain compensation for your DUI accident.
At Phillips Law Group, our attorneys have nearly 30 years of experience assisting our clients in obtaining compensation for the accidents they have experienced. We helped a client recover $4 million after suffering a spinal cord injury in a car accident. Our founding partner Jeffrey Phillips is a member of the Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association – Top 25 and has obtained verdicts throughout Arizona.
We can discuss your accident during a 100 percent free, no-obligation consultation. Our services are provided on a contingency fee basis, which means that we do not charge for our services. We only get paid if we help you win compensation for your claim.
Do I Have a DUI Accident Case?
The first step in any legal claim is finding out if you can pursue compensation for the damages you experienced. This is a complex question to answer and victims may greatly benefit from the knowledge and skillset of an experienced Avondale DUI accident attorney.
Generally, accident victims need to prove their injuries resulted from negligence. Victims of drunk driving crashes need to prove the other driver was drunk and this caused the accident that directly resulted in their injuries. Driving drunk is an example of negligence because it is against the law and puts other at risk.
If the at-fault party consumed his or her drinks at a restaurant or bar before the accident, you may be able to obtain compensation from this establishment. This type of legal action is explained in Arizona’s dram shop law.
During your free consultation, our lawyers at Phillips Law Group can evaluate your claim and determine if you have a valid case, including a case against the establishment that served the driver.
What Is the Value of My Potential Claim?
Each DUI accident is different, so it is difficult to determine the exact value of your claim without knowing the specifics of your situation. However, if you do have a valid claim, our lawyers may be able to pursue various forms of compensation like economic and noneconomic damages:
- Cost of emergency room visit
- Ambulance ride
- Imaging tests, such as x-rays, MRIs
- Lab tests
- Past, current, and future medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Doctor’s appointments
- Transportation costs to and from appointments
- Prescription medication
- Loss of income from missing work
- Assistive medical equipment
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damage
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Permanent scarring
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
If the victim of the DUI accident passes away because of his or her injuries, the surviving family may pursue funeral and burial costs. We also may be able to pursue punitive damages, which are damages that are meant to punish the at-fault individual for his or her reckless behavior.
Learn more about the potential value of your claim. Call Phillips Law Group at 1-800-706-3000.
Is There a Time Limit to File My Claim?
Personal injury cases in Arizona, including DUI accident cases, generally have a two-year deadline for taking legal action. The two-year mark begins on the date the accident occurred. Claims that are filed after this deadline run the risk of the case being dismissed, which would mean that you miss out on the opportunity to obtain compensation for your damages.
It is imperative that you get in touch with our trusted Avondale DUI accident attorneys at your earliest convenience to discuss if you still are eligible to pursue financial compensation. You may still have time to file legal action.
Phillips Law Group can be reached 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Set up your free legal consultation whenever it is convenient for you.
How Can a Lawyer from Phillips Law Group Help My Injury Claim?
At Phillips Law Group, our attorneys have decades of combined experience and understand what accident victims go through.
If we validate your claim, we are prepared to handle the following on your behalf to pursue maximum compensation to help you try to make the best recovery possible:
- Investigate the accident – This includes reviewing the police report, taking pictures at the scene, looking into the at-fault party’s driving record and reconstructing the accident if necessary.
- Collect supportive evidence – This may include your medical records from the night of the accident, testimony from eyewitnesses, and photo or video footage of the accident and your injuries.
- Negotiate for fair value of your claim – We are skilled negotiators and understand when an insurance company’s settlement is too low.
- Communicate with involved parties – This includes insurance companies, attorneys and other at-fault parties and their legal representation, and others. We also keep our clients informed so they know the status of their claim.
Common Types of DUI Injuries and Accidents
DUI accidents can lead to severe injuries that may change the course of a person’s life forever:
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Soft-tissue injuries
Drunk driving can result in many types of accidents:
- Wrong-way accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Sideswipe accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
Steps to Take After a DUI Accident
After experiencing a DUI accident, it is important to take certain steps to help protect yourself and your potential personal injury claim:
- Reporting the accident – Driving under the influence is a felony in Arizona. It is important to report the accident to authorities to ensure that the at-fault party is held accountable.
- Seeking medical treatment – It is important to visit your local hospital, like Banner Estrella Medical Center, to get the medical treatment you need to recover. Visiting a doctor also connects the accident to your injury.
- Keeping track of documents – Police reports and medical records are important to your claim. Keeping copies of these documents will help ensure that you have what you need to build a strong case.
- Gathering evidence at the scene – If you are able to take pictures or video footage at the scene of the accident, it may help to bolster your case.
- Speaking to witnesses – Witnesses can make a case stronger. If anyone witnessed the events that led up to the accident, it is important to collect their statements and contact information in case your lawyer needs to contact them to verify some details.
Reach Out to an Avondale DUI Accident Attorney for a Free Consultation Today
The aftermath of a DUI accident can be a traumatic experience, so it is important to have the right legal team on your side to help guide you through the legal process. Our firm strives to protect the best interests of our clients so that they may focus on their health and recovery.
Our founder Jeff Phillips has obtained verdicts in several Arizona counties, and our legal team has the resources and experience to pursue full compensation for damages caused by a drunk-driving crash. We are prepared to go to trial if necessary.
We offer a free consultation with a lawyer from our team to discuss your options with no obligation to take legal action. There are no upfront costs or attorney’s fees. Schedule your free consultation today.