Avondale, AZ Burn Injury Claims | Phillips Law Group
Burn injuries can leave a victim with permanent wounds and costly medical expenses. A victim who suffers a burn caused by the negligence or recklessness of another person or entity may have grounds to pursue compensation for their injuries and other-related damages.
Phillips Law Group has helped obtain millions of dollars in compensation for thousands of our clients for nearly 30 years. We helped a client obtain $325,000 after suffering second and third degree burns in a premises accident. You may be eligible to pursue compensation to help cover the cost of medical bills, loss from wages from being unable to work, and any pain and suffering experienced.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss your situation with us during a free, no-obligation consultation. We take our cases on a contingency fee basis, so there are no upfront fees. We only get paid if we help you obtain compensation for you.
Our Avondale burn injury attorneys are standing by to take your call. 1-800-706-3000 .
Am I Eligible to Pursue Financial Compensation?
Burn injury cases are difficult to handle without having legal representation on your side. During a free consultation, we are prepared to help determine if you are eligible to pursue compensation. To have a valid case, the following four elements of negligence must be proven:
- Duty of care: First, we must establish that the at-fault party owed you a legal duty to act in a reasonable manner that would prevent harm to you and others.
- Breach of duty of care:This element determines that the at-fault did not uphold his or her legal duty by acting in a way that was either negligent, careless, or reckless.
- Link between breach of duty and injuries: This element means that the at-fault party’s failure to uphold his or her legal obligation was the direct cause of your injuries. If the at-fault party acted in a different manner, you would not have suffered harm.
- You suffered damages: The last element of negligence to prove is that you experienced damages from your burn injuries, such as medical costs or physical pain and suffering.
Phillips Law Group. Free Consultation. 1-800-706-3000
What Is the Value of My Case?
To understand the value of your potential case, it is important to reach out to an experienced Avondale burn injury attorney because each case is unique. Generally, you may be able to pursue:
These are the financial losses you have experienced as a result of your burn injury and may include:
- Past, present and future medical bills
- Travel costs to doctor’s appointments
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damage
It is important that you keep track of all receipts and documents that you receive relating to your injury so that your lawyer is able to properly calculate your losses.
These damages do not have a monetary value. They are the emotional damages a victim experiences after a catastrophic accident. These losses may include:
- Mental anguish
- Physical pain and suffering
- Permanent scarring
- Loss of enjoyment of life
How Can Phillips Law Group Help My Case?
Severe burn injuries may need extensive medical treatment that requires a long period of recovery. During this period it may be difficult to return to your daily activities like working or even taking on a legal case. By hiring an experienced attorney, it can help ease the burden and stress that may follow with building a legal case.
If you have a valid case, our Avondale burn injury attorneys are ready to investigation the accident and collect supportive evidence, such as photographs of the scene, your injuries, witness accounts and medical documentation records linking your burn injury to the accident.
We are also prepared to accurately calculate the value of your damages as we negotiate for fair compensation with the insurance company on your behalf. We are experienced negotiators who understand how insurance companies manage business. They often work to profit their own company rather than the best interests of the victim. Let us help you with the legal process today.
Is There a Time Limit to Take Legal Action?
In Arizona, there is a two-year deadline to take legal action for most personal injury cases, including those involving burn injuries. The two-year deadline begins on the date that the injury occurred. Cases that are not filed before this time may run the risk of being dismissed in court, which means losing out on pursuing compensation for the injuries and damages you have suffered from.
However, every case is different. There may be certain instances where you are required to file before or even after the deadline. For burn injury victims who are minors, the clock does not begin running until they turn 18 years old.
Learn which deadline may apply. Call 1-800-706-3000 .
How Are Burn Injuries Categorized?
Burn injuries vary depending on the source and the amount of time the victim is exposed to it. It is categorized into four degrees depending on the severity of injury.
- First-degree burns: These burns affect the outer layer of the skin. Generally, no blisters appear but the burn may be red and painful.
- Second-degree burns:These burns affect the outer layer of the skin and part of the skin’s lower layer, known as dermis. The injury may be red, swollen and may turn into a blister.
- Third-degree burns:These burns destroy the outer layer of skin and the dermis. The burn site may appear blackened, charred or white.
- Fourth-degree burns: Fourth-degree burns are the most severe and penetrate all layers of the skin and the underlying and deeper tissue.
Burn injuries should be looked at by a doctor immediately so that you can take proper measures towards your healing and recovery. It is also important to take photos of each stage of the burn injury to document the healing process.
Common Causes of Burn Injuries
There are four main types of burns, including:
- Chemical burns: These types of burns occur when a person comes into contact with toxins, such as acid or a chemical explosion.
- Thermal burns:These injuries are caused by direct contact with fire or other sources of severe heat.
- Light burns:These burns occur from sunlight or UV rays.
- Radiation burns:This category of burns form by contact with nuclear radiation or radioactive materials. This type of injury commonly occurs from tanning beds.
Call Our Licensed Avondale Burn Injury Lawyers for Legal Help
Reach out to our licensed Avondale burn injury lawyers to learn about your rights and potential legal options. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to schedule a free consultation whenever it is convenient for you.
We have recovered over $750 million in compensation for our clients and do not charge any upfront fees for our services unless we help you obtain compensation through a settlement or verdict.
Call Phillips Law Group today. 1-800-706-3000
A friend of mine recommended Phillips Law and I’m so grateful, because they were so wonderful, so down to earth, so professional. I felt like they were family.
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
Phillips Law Group does so much for the community!!! I especially enjoy seeing Juan Roque out there. This gentle giant always has a smile on his face and is a part of a caring and giving team.
Great experience! Took care of pretty much everything, and I always felt like I want in good hands. Caroline Fa. was also a great help with everything. She always returned my calls and I never felt unheard. Even after my case she would still help me with my insurance documents.
Liz was great
I was recently served court documents that I was being sued from an accident that happened years ago. For someone who has never been through something like this and not familiar with the court lingo or where to even begin, it was very frustrating and stressful. I reached out to a family member who knew Tracy Laskos and the great reputation of Phillips Law Group and within the hours of the initial call for help, I had a direct number to Lead Attorney Nassar. Nassar heard my case and almost instantly put me at ease by explaining the process and how easy it was to handle. Nassar spoke to me like he was a friend, not like I was a client. I am so grateful to Tracy, Nasar and of course my cousin Stephanie for helping out and giving me the direction that I needed to get through this situation. I plan on referring my friends, family and patients that are in need of a personal injury Attorney to Phillips Law Group. Thank you!!
I would like to thank Vanessa Rodriguez for helping me with my case because I was in total shock about the accident. She had listened to all my concerns and had answered every question I had . She was great !!!
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Kathy Hudson and Donato Giovanatto. Continues to go above and beyond the call of duty. Reaching out to the insurance company about the damage to the vehicle. Forcing them to take responsibility.