Poor Road Design and Car Accidents
Posted on behalf of Phillips Law Group on Jul 30, 2015 in Auto Accidents
Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for poor road design to contribute to car accidents. If you or a loved one has been a victim of a car accident due to unsafe road conditions, our skilled personal injury attorneys at Phillips Law in Utah, Arizona, California and New Mexico can help get the compensation you deserve. Our experienced lawyers support our clients by fully investigating the negligence involved in poor road design, and have a thorough knowledge of roadway liability laws.
Call or text 1-800-706-3000 to speak with a representative today.
Did you know that your local, state or federal agency has a responsibility to properly maintain roadways? If a particular roadway poses an unreasonable danger, the given agency must respond in a timely manner and repair the damage. Sometimes this does not happen, and tragically, car accidents can result.
The U.S. Department of Transportation and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration published an extensive report for Congress in 2008 that surveyed the major causes of motor vehicle crashes. The report stated that, Any adverse roadway condition is likely to increase the crash risk. In this study, a significant percentage of motor vehicle crashes were attributed to at least one poor roadway condition.
The most common roadway conditions that can lead to an accident included:
- Hazardous road conditions, such as wet or slick road surfaces not properly treated for snow, ice or other weather conditions.
- Roadway obstructions that block views due to poor road design or other objects, including unmarked construction, poorly lit marked areas, blind curves, and landscaping that obstructs views.
- Roadway or highway geometry that is unsafe, which could include roadway features like poorly designed intersections, cross sections, roadsides, ramps and drop offs.
- Unsafe narrow shoulders or roads.
- Traffic signals or signs that are missing or have malfunctioned.
- Poorly maintained roads with potholes, loose gravel, or debris.
Contact our personal injury lawyers to discuss your personal injury claim that was caused by a poorly designed road or road condition today. At Phillips Law Firm, we provide an initial evaluation for FREE, and our attorneys only get paid when a recovery is made on your behalf. We are 100 percent committed to giving our clients the justice they deserve.
Call or text 1-800-706-3000 to get started today or fill out a Free Case Review.