Nat’l Teen Driver Safety Week Set To Begin
- Home /
- Nat’l Teen Driver Safety Week Set To Begin
Parents and their teen drivers are strongly encouraged to participate in National Teen Driver Safety Week, a special week designated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to bring awareness to the importance of safe driving habits for teens. The NHTSA has set aside the third week of October for this important cause, making October 18 to 24 this years National Teen Driver Safety Week.
Each year, more than 2,500 teens are killed in car accidents, and approximately 130,000 teens are injured. In Arizona, motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death among teenagers 15 to 17-years-old.
To help decrease the odds a teen driver will be involved in a car accident, parents should consider sharing the Five to Drive rules with their teenager. A nationwide survey suggests both parents and teens agree on what constitutes unsafe driving, and therefore sharing the Five to Drive rules will help parents form a lasting bond with their teen, as well as potentially help save their life.
The Five to Drive rules are:
- Always Wear A Seatbelt. Seatbelts save lives. In fact, approximately 55% of teens who died in car accidents in 2012 were not wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash. Insist your teen get in the habit of putting on their seatbelt every time they get in a vehicle. The habit will soon become second nature, and will help keep your teen driver or teen passenger alive.
- Never Text and Drive. Driving while distracted greatly increases the odds that your teen will be involved in a car accident, and texting or any other cellphone use while driving involves three types of potentially deadly distractions: visual, manual, and cognitive. This means your teen is more likely to take their eyes off the road, their hands off the wheel, and their mind off of driving altogether when they text and drive.
- Obey the Speed Limit at all Times. Oftentimes, inexperienced drivers will drive too fast for road or weather conditions, and teen drivers in particular are more likely to speed in order to impress friends or show off their vehicles performance capabilities. Make sure your teenager knows the risks involved with speeding, and encourage them to drive the speed limit at all times.
- One DriverOne Passenger. Studies show that teen drivers are more likely to engage in distracted or risky behavior when more than one passenger is in the vehicle with them. Make sure your teen driver has no more than one passenger with them every time they are behind the wheel, no matter how short their intended trip may be.
- Never Drink and Drive. Although the legal drinking age is 21, statistics show that one-third of teen drivers killed in car accidents were intoxicated at the time of the crash. Please insist your teen driver never drinks and drives, and insist they follow this rule all the way through adulthood as well.
If your teen has been injured in an auto accident, turn to the experienced car accident lawyers at Phillips Law Group today.
Free Case Evaluation
Your message has been sent
Thank you for your message, we will get back to you soon.
- Auto Accidents
- Business Litigation
- Class Action Lawsuits
- Defective Drug
- Defective Products
- Employee Rights
- Employment Law
- Firm News
- Medical Malpractice
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Pedestrian Accident
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Slip and Fall
- Social Security Disability
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
I would like to thank Vanessa Rodriguez for helping me with my case because I was in total shock about the accident. She had listened to all my concerns and had answered every question I had . She was great !!!
I’ve been working at Phillips Law Group for nearly four years and I can confidently say this is the best personal injury firm in Arizona to work for. The firm is the best for numerous reasons but to start, Phillips Law Group gives employees opportunities for promotions and growth. I started working within the settlement department, moved to a paralegal assistant and grew to be a pre-litigation paralegal with my own case load. Each attorney I have worked for is extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and easy to talk to. Secondly, I love how Phillips Law shows appreciation for employees. They host Friday Zoom Huddles giving out PTO, goodie bags, special shout outs, bonuses and gift cards. They also host extravagant holiday parties and fun contests during the Holidays! Lastly, the firm cares about giving back to the community, which is a trait I value as well. It’s rewarding to see a fast paced firm taking time out of their busy day to pay it forward. I would highly recommend working at Phillips Law Group!
Phillips Law Group provides a collaborative environment in which both attorneys and staff work together to achieve the best outcome for clients. As an attorney here at PLG, I’m lucky to be surrounded by seasoned attorneys and knowledgeable staff that share my enthusiasm for helping accident victims. The team here at PLG treats clients with respect and empathy while fighting hard to get the results they deserve.
A friend of mine recommended Phillips Law and I’m so grateful, because they were so wonderful, so down to earth, so professional. I felt like they were family.
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
I tried a few previous law firms and none would take my car accident case with confidence they could get my anything. Phillips law group took my case and although it took around 4 years to get this case settled as I was in treatment, they never let up with insurance adjusters and they got me as much money as possible. They worked hard for me and advocated for me. Shoutout to key individuals who worked my case nonstop of the years, Robert Ross & Jasmine, you are AMAZING!
The lawyers here are of top quality. Especially Trey Dayes, who was always respectful and hard-working.
If you are in need of legal support for a motor vehicle collision of any kind, I highly recommend going to Phillips Law Group Injury Lawyers. Sean Davis has exemplary knowledge and experience in this field, compassion for his clients, and excellent judgment and communication skills.
Definitely recommend! Awesome
Positive: Professionalism, Quality, Responsiveness, Value As someone who is familiar with the inner workings of the auto insurance industry I can whole heartedly endorse Steven J. Jones and Phillips law group as someone I would want on my side should litigation take place. They handled my case professionally, honestly, and with satisfactory results which I would not have expected without enlisting their help.