Safety Tips For Riders
- Home /
- Safety Tips For Riders
Motorcycle wrecks have the highest rate of fatality of all motor-vehicle collisions and are more likely to result in serious and debilitating injuries. This is why we recommend that Arizona motorcyclists take precautions to protect themselves in case they are involved in a motorcycle accident.
By following these safety tips, you increase your chances of walking away from an Arizona motorcycle accident.
Before Getting on the Road
Before taking your motorbike out on the road, it is important to make sure that it is functioning properly. Check the oil and fuel levels, and test the lights, brakes and turn signals on the bike.
If it has been awhile since you have used your motorcycle, a more extensive examination may be necessary. Check the bike cablesto make sure they are not worn or frayed and that the tires are in good condition and correctly inflated.
Lubricating the chain and adjusting it according to the manufacturer’s specifications is also a good idea. A refresher training course for riders is also recommended if you have not been on a bike in more than a few months.
Proper Motorcycle Apparel
The sense of freedom is what attracts most motorcycle enthusiasts. However, when you are on the open road, there is very little protection for riders.
Investing in proper motorcycle apparel can help provide you with more protection in case you have a motorcycle accident. Recommended gear for motorcyclists includes:
- Helmet: While Arizona does not require riders over the age of 18 to wear a helmet; it is still a recommended safety practice for motorcyclists of all ages. Investing in a high-quality helmet could be the difference between a fatal or less severe injury. Helmets reduce the risk of head and neck injury by over 30 percent.
- Eye Protection: If your helmet does not come with a face shield, it is important to wear goggles or glasses with safety lenses to protect your eyes. In addition to protecting your eyes in the event of an accident, proper eye protection could keep your vision clear of bugs, dirt and other debris from the road.
- Leather Jacket and Pants: Leather pants help protect a motorcycle accident victim against road rash injuries caused by sliding across a paved road
- Boots or Sneakers: It is important to wear boots or sneakers that cover your ankles while riding a motorcycle. Proper footwear help to protect you while riding and can prevent or lessen an injury in the event of a wreck.
- Gloves: Durable, non-slip gloves can protect a motorcyclist’s hands in all kinds of weather conditions. In the event of a crash, a good pair of gloves can also help a rider brace against a fall.
Admittedly, while these items can only add a small degree of protection in a serious crash, these protective items may minimize injuries and increase your chances of survival.
Important Safety Tips While on the Road
There are a few safety precautions that all motorcyclists should take while sharing the road with others, including:
- Knowing your motorcycle’s limits
- Following the speed limit
- Properly using indicators
- Avoiding reckless driving; do not tailgate, weave through traffic or drive on the shoulder of the road, for example
- Be careful to avoid other driver’s blind spots
Arizona Motorbike Accident Lawyers
A motorcycle accident can be traumatic for everyone involved. While these motorcycle safety tips are intended to keep riders safer on the roads, sometimes an accident is unavoidable. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle wreck, it is important to seek legal counsel from an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible.
If the accident was caused by the actions or negligence of another driver, you may be eligible to recover compensation for your medical bills and other damages.
Free Case Review. Ph: 1-800-706-3000
Phillips law group is the best around!
I didn’t know anything about the area, and Phillips Law Group just took care of everything. They helped made sure I knew where I was going, made sure I didn’t have to worry. They literally just took care of me.
Definitely recommend! Awesome
Phillips law group has an amazing staff and i recommend them to everyone.
Liz Gonzales was great!!!!
Positive: Professionalism, Quality, Responsiveness, Value As someone who is familiar with the inner workings of the auto insurance industry I can whole heartedly endorse Steven J. Jones and Phillips law group as someone I would want on my side should litigation take place. They handled my case professionally, honestly, and with satisfactory results which I would not have expected without enlisting their help.
Great experience! Took care of pretty much everything, and I always felt like I want in good hands. Caroline Fa. was also a great help with everything. She always returned my calls and I never felt unheard. Even after my case she would still help me with my insurance documents.
Sophia H is very helpful.
I just wanted to thank Phillips law Group and Vanessa Rodriguez for all the help that she did for my daughter’s case. She was involved in her first accident and she needed the help to deal with these adjusters. Thank you again.