Safety Tips For Riders
Motorcycle wrecks have the highest rate of fatality of all motor-vehicle collisions and are more likely to result in serious and debilitating injuries. This is why we recommend that Arizona motorcyclists take precautions to protect themselves in case they are involved in a motorcycle accident.
By following these safety tips, you increase your chances of walking away from an Arizona motorcycle accident.
Before Getting on the Road
Before taking your motorbike out on the road, it is important to make sure that it is functioning properly. Check the oil and fuel levels, and test the lights, brakes and turn signals on the bike.
If it has been awhile since you have used your motorcycle, a more extensive examination may be necessary. Check the bike cablesto make sure they are not worn or frayed and that the tires are in good condition and correctly inflated.
Lubricating the chain and adjusting it according to the manufacturer’s specifications is also a good idea. A refresher training course for riders is also recommended if you have not been on a bike in more than a few months.
Proper Motorcycle Apparel
The sense of freedom is what attracts most motorcycle enthusiasts. However, when you are on the open road, there is very little protection for riders.
Investing in proper motorcycle apparel can help provide you with more protection in case you have a motorcycle accident. Recommended gear for motorcyclists includes:
- Helmet: While Arizona does not require riders over the age of 18 to wear a helmet; it is still a recommended safety practice for motorcyclists of all ages. Investing in a high-quality helmet could be the difference between a fatal or less severe injury. Helmets reduce the risk of head and neck injury by over 30 percent.
- Eye Protection: If your helmet does not come with a face shield, it is important to wear goggles or glasses with safety lenses to protect your eyes. In addition to protecting your eyes in the event of an accident, proper eye protection could keep your vision clear of bugs, dirt and other debris from the road.
- Leather Jacket and Pants: Leather pants help protect a motorcycle accident victim against road rash injuries caused by sliding across a paved road
- Boots or Sneakers: It is important to wear boots or sneakers that cover your ankles while riding a motorcycle. Proper footwear help to protect you while riding and can prevent or lessen an injury in the event of a wreck.
- Gloves: Durable, non-slip gloves can protect a motorcyclist’s hands in all kinds of weather conditions. In the event of a crash, a good pair of gloves can also help a rider brace against a fall.
Admittedly, while these items can only add a small degree of protection in a serious crash, these protective items may minimize injuries and increase your chances of survival.
Important Safety Tips While on the Road
There are a few safety precautions that all motorcyclists should take while sharing the road with others, including:
- Knowing your motorcycle’s limits
- Following the speed limit
- Properly using indicators
- Avoiding reckless driving; do not tailgate, weave through traffic or drive on the shoulder of the road, for example
- Be careful to avoid other driver’s blind spots
Arizona Motorbike Accident Lawyers
A motorcycle accident can be traumatic for everyone involved. While these motorcycle safety tips are intended to keep riders safer on the roads, sometimes an accident is unavoidable. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle wreck, it is important to seek legal counsel from an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible.
If the accident was caused by the actions or negligence of another driver, you may be eligible to recover compensation for your medical bills and other damages.
Free Case Review. Ph: 1-800-706-3000
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
I would have no hesitation at all recommending Phillips Law Group. In particular, Juan Roque has impressed me with his professionalism, his integrity and his heart for the community!
I tried a few previous law firms and none would take my car accident case with confidence they could get my anything. Phillips law group took my case and although it took around 4 years to get this case settled as I was in treatment, they never let up with insurance adjusters and they got me as much money as possible. They worked hard for me and advocated for me. Shoutout to key individuals who worked my case nonstop of the years, Robert Ross & Jasmine, you are AMAZING!
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
My paralegal , Caroline , was on top of her game - very responsive and always answered any questions I had and in a timely manner . My attorney Rob ,was the best attorney I ever had . He explained everything in great detail and had a great sense or humor . He really knows how to bring light To tough , unfortunate situations - I would absolutely recommend them at anyone -
If you are in need of legal support for a motor vehicle collision of any kind, I highly recommend going to Phillips Law Group Injury Lawyers. Sean Davis has exemplary knowledge and experience in this field, compassion for his clients, and excellent judgment and communication skills.
Liz was great
I would like to thank Vanessa Rodriguez for helping me with my case because I was in total shock about the accident. She had listened to all my concerns and had answered every question I had . She was great !!!
I was recently served court documents that I was being sued from an accident that happened years ago. For someone who has never been through something like this and not familiar with the court lingo or where to even begin, it was very frustrating and stressful. I reached out to a family member who knew Tracy Laskos and the great reputation of Phillips Law Group and within the hours of the initial call for help, I had a direct number to Lead Attorney Nassar. Nassar heard my case and almost instantly put me at ease by explaining the process and how easy it was to handle. Nassar spoke to me like he was a friend, not like I was a client. I am so grateful to Tracy, Nasar and of course my cousin Stephanie for helping out and giving me the direction that I needed to get through this situation. I plan on referring my friends, family and patients that are in need of a personal injury Attorney to Phillips Law Group. Thank you!!