Dozens of Haircare Products Recalled Due to Benzene
Helping Clients Nationwide
Over $1 Billion Won for Our Clients
Decades of Experience Winning
Dozens of Haircare Products Recalled Due to Benzene
More than two dozen aerosol spray haircare products were recently recalled because they may contain benzene, which is a known cancer-causing chemical. The recalled products include dry shampoos and conditioners from well-known brands like Pantene, Herbal Essences, Hair Food, Old Spice and Aussie.
This is the second recall Procter & Gamble (P&G) has issued within the last month ”“ in late November the company recalled more than a dozen Old Spice and Secret brand spray deodorants over the possible presence of benzene.
The company’s statement about the recall said it has not been notified about any adverse events from the haircare products included in the recall. The recall notice says benzene can be inhaled, ingested or absorbed through your skin and potentially cause leukemia and blood cancer in bone marrow.
P&G began a review of its aerosol spray products after recent reports of benzene in some aerosol spray products. The company found unexpected levels of benzene, which came from the propellant that sprays the product from the can. However, the company also said daily exposure to benzene in the levels in these products is not expected to cause adverse health consequences.
List of Recalled Products
The full list of affected products is on the P&G website and includes:
- Waterless Dry Conditioner Weightless Smooth 3.6oz with production code between 0002-0248 or 9298-9350.
- Waterless Dry Conditioner Instant Moisture 3.6oz with production code between 0009-0069 or 9297-9350.
- Waterless Dry Conditioner Weightless Smooth .98oz with production code between 0084-0085 or 9284-9361.
- Waterless Dry Conditioner Instant Moisture .98oz with production code between 0017-0100 or 9283-9284.
- Waterless Dry Shampoo No Residue 3.7oz with production code between 0004-0357 or 9291-9344.
- Waterless Dry Shampoo No Residue 1oz with production code between 0175-0176 or 9295-9297.
- Pantene Sultry Bronde All in One Luxury Mist 4.9oz with production code 0038.
- Pantene Smooth Talker Dry Conditioning Oil 3.9oz with production code between 0183-0365 or 1042-1046.
- Pantene Mist Behaving Dry Conditioning Mist 3.9oz with production code between 0048-0336 or 1008-1218 or 9247-9349.
- Pantene Mist Behaving Dry Conditioning Mist 3.9oz with production code between 9108-9303.
- Pantene Mist Behaving Dry Conditioning Mist 1oz with production code between 0107-0262 or 9112-9288.
- Pantene Gold Series Instant Nourishing Spray 4.9oz with production code between 0307 or 9263-9266.
- Aussie Smooth Vibes Dry Conditioner 4.9oz with production code 0021 or 1038 or in the range of 9294-9325.
- Aussie Petal Soft Dry Conditioner 4.9oz production code between 9196-9246.
- Aussie Sleekend Warrior Dry Conditioner 4.9oz with production code between 0014-0062 or 9198-9349.
- Herbal Essences Blue Ginger Refresh Dry Shampoo 4.9oz with production code between 9047-9072.
- Herbal Essences White Grapefruit & Mint Dry Shampoo 4.9oz with production code between 0015-0314 or 1004-1019 or 9028-9348.
- Herbal Essences White Strawberry & Sweet Mint Dry Shampoo 4.9oz with production code between 0167-0308 or 1105-1106 or 9049-9348.
- Herbal Essences Cucumber & Green Tea Dry Shampoo 4.9oz with production code 0093 or 1075 or in the range of 9029-9294.
- Herbal Essences Cucumber & Green Tea Dry Shampoo 1.7oz with production code between 0036-0329 or 1019-1098 or 9023-9312.
- Pantene Dry Shampoo No Water Refresh 4.9oz with production code between 9009-9058.
- Pantene Dry Shampoo Sheer Volume 4.9oz with production code between 9025-9260.
- Pantene Never Tell Dry Shampoo 4.2oz with production code between 0006-0364 or 1074-1133 or 9157-9329.
- Aussie After Hours Dry Shampoo Texture Spray 4.9oz with production code between 0139-0140.
- Aussie Tousle Hustle Dry Shampoo 4.9oz with production code between 0013-0300 or 1038 or 9189.
- Aussie Bounce Back Dry Shampoo 4.9oz with production code between 0013-00357 or 1018-1123 or 9189-9345.
- Aussie Clean Color Protect Shampoo 4.9oz with production code between 9047-9123.
- Aussie Clean Texture Dry Shampoo 4.9oz with production code between 9072-9176.
- Aussie Clean Volume Dry Shampoo 4.9oz with production code 9085.
- Hair Food Coconut Dry Shampoo 4.9oz with production code between 0027-0192 or 9007.
- Old Spice Fiji Dry Shampoo 4.9oz with production code between 9046-9228.
- Old Spice Pure Sport Dry Shampoo 4.9oz with production code between 9040-9239.
The recall only includes products listed in the recall notice. Any other aerosol spray haircare products may continue to be used as intended. You only need to check the first four numbers of the production code to determine if your product is included in the recall.
There was another recall of aerosol sunscreen products back in July by Johnson & Johnson, over concerns these products may have contained benzene. The recall included products under brand names like Neutrogena and Aveeno.
What to Do with Recalled Products
If you bought any of the recalled haircare products, P&G says to throw them away. The company also offers refunds. You can visit the website to complete an online form or call 1-888-674-36319 between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. eastern time Monday through Friday.
Call Phillips Law Group to Discuss a Defective Product Injury
If you were injured by a defective or unreasonably dangerous product, you may have legal options and Phillips Law Group may be able to help you. There are no upfront fees or legal obligations and our defective product attorneys do not get paid unless you get paid.
We have recovered millions on behalf of defective product victims and hundreds of millions over nearly 30 years representing injury victims.
We’re Here to Listen
Fill out the form and we’ll contact you back to go over what happened and evaluate your case for free.
Your message has been sent
Thank you for your message, we will get back to you soon.
I didn’t know anything about the area, and Phillips Law Group just took care of everything. They helped made sure I knew where I was going, made sure I didn’t have to worry. They literally just took care of me.
They knew exactly how to explain the case to me in a way that I would understand it. They gave me hope that my life wasn’t over.
A friend of mine recommended Phillips Law and I’m so grateful, because they were so wonderful, so down to earth, so professional. I felt like they were family.
No Fee Until We Win For You
We get to work,
you get updates