Posted on behalf of Phillips Law Group on Feb 16, 2012 in Defective Products
According to ABC News, Tom Holloway was smoking an electronic cigarette on Monday, when it suddenly exploded in his mouth. The explosion knocked at his teeth and took out part of his tongue. He is currently recovering from his injuries at a local burn center.
Chief Butch Parker of the North Bay Fire District responded to the call. He believes the explosion was caused by a faulty battery. He compared the explosion to Tom having a "bottle rocket in his mouth." Parker said they were unable to recognize the brand of thee-cigarette or the battery's brand. The battery appeared to be a rechargeable lithium battery. According to Parker, he has never seen or heard of similar incidents involving electronic cigarettes.
Many people use electronic cigarettes to help them quit smoking. The Food and Drug Administration does not regulate these devices.
If you or a loved one has been injured by an electronic cigarette, you may eligible to file a lawsuit. Phillips Law Group has the knowledge and resources to handle defective product cases. Contact a personal injury lawyer from the Phillips Law Group today for a free and confidential case evaluation.
Phillips Law Group - Ph: 1-800-706-3000.
The Phillips Law Group. All rights reserved. All materials contained on the Phillips Law Group website are copyrighted including trademarks, and other proprietary information including the content on its blogs, the home page, and all website pages. The material contained on this website may not be copied, reproduced, modified, transmitted, displayed, or distributed without written permission of the Phillips Law Group. Any reposting, distribution, or displaying of website content on any other business website without prior written consent is a violation of copyright laws. The Phillips Law Group disclaims all liability for content maintained on other websites that are linked to this firm's website.