Defective Products Blog Posts

Toxins Found in Nail Polish

California's Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) randomly tested 25 brands of nail polish that are used in California nail salons. The DTSC was checking to see if the products contained the toxic trio of chemicals: toluene, dibutyl phthalate… Read More

Odwalla Recalls Protein Drink

On Thursday, Odwalla Inc. voluntarily recalled the Odwalla Chocolate Protein Monster beverage because customers with peanut allergies have experienced severe allergic reactions after consuming the product. The company is recalling the 12-ounce and 32-ounces… Read More

Cabinet Child Safety Locks Recalled

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Dorel Juvenile Group Inc. are recalling 900,000 Safety 1st Push 'N Snap cabinet locks. The company has received 140 reports of children being able to open the cabinet locks. In three of the incidents, children… Read More

Infiniti M45 Recall Over Fuel Gauge Issue

Nissan is recalling over 8,000 of its 2003 and 2004 Infiniti M45 sedans due to an issue with the fuel gauge. The fuel gauge can say full, even if the car is running on fumes. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) says the issue stems… Read More

Study Links Skin Cancer to Tanning Bed Use

Reuters reports that women who used tanning salons during their youths have an increased risk for skin cancer. Researchers at HarvardMedicalSchool followed 730,000 nurses for 20 years for the study. The data from the study associated the use of tanning… Read More

Night Light Recall

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and AmeriTac are recalling LED Night Lights. The nights lights are being recalled due to an electrical short circuit that cause it to overheat, smolder, or melt, creating a fire and burn hazard to consumers. AmerTac… Read More

DePuy Executive Discussed Hip Implant Failure Rates

A year before DePuy's hip implant was recalled, DePuy executive, Pamela Plouhar wrote in an internal email that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) refused to approve the device. The refusal came after reviewing studies that showed a significant failure… Read More

Electronic Cigarette Blows Up In Mans Mouth

According to ABC News, Tom Holloway was smoking an electronic cigarette on Monday, when it suddenly exploded in his mouth. The explosion knocked at his teeth and took out part of his tongue. He is currently recovering from his injuries at a local burn… Read More

Tassimo Coffee Makers Recalled

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and BSH Home Appliances Corp. are voluntarily recalling the Tassimo Single-Cup Brewer due to a burn hazard. The plastic disc referred to as the "T disc", that holds the coffee or tea can burst while brewing.… Read More

HP Penalty for Not Reporting Accidents

Hewlett-Packard (HP) has agreed to pay a $425,000 civil penalty for failing to immediately report to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) that their lithium-ion battery packs posed a fire and burn hazard to consumers.Federal law requires… Read More

Back to Top