Bus Accident Causes, Injuries and Legal Liability
- Home /
- Bus Accident Causes, Injuries and Legal Liability
For many different reasons, people in Arizona use buses for transportation. This includes school buses, city transit buses and of course charter buses that are obtained by groups of people who are all traveling to the same destination. While this mode of transportation is generally safe, Arizona bus accidents can and do occur, and when they do they can lead to serious injuries, multiple fatalities and the immediate need for help from experienced Phoenix bus accident injury lawyers. Below is a brief look at common causes of these crashes and how liability could attach to those responsible for the harm that is caused.
Injuries in Arizona Bus Accidents – Who is Liable?
As stated above, Arizona bus accidents occur often, and statistics show that every year, approximately 1,500 such crashes take place. These collisions include more than 300 that lead to at least one injury and almost one Arizona bus accident per month that leads to at least one fatality. As is the case with any other type of Arizona traffic accident, there are causes for these incidents that tend to be more common than others. Below are a few examples of these common causes:
- Driver inattention – Driver inattention is one of the leading causes for any type of traffic accident, and when it comes to bus crashes, this can involve a lack of focus by either the bus driver or the driver of another vehicle.
- Speeding – Speeding is also a common cause of bus accidents, and when a bus driver is moving at a rate of speed that’s too high, the situation becomes extremely dangerous because these vehicles are not built for speed.
- Rollover crashes – Unfortunately, buses are built with a relatively narrow wheel base and can be extremely top-heavy, especially when they are filled with cargo and passengers. When a bus spins out of control for any reason, it has a troubling tendency to roll over.
Given the lack of safety devices in most buses, any of these accidents can lead to serious harm to unsuspecting passengers.
Lawsuits and Attorneys for Phoenix Bus Crashes
When an Arizona bus accident occurs, there are several ways in which legal liability can attach to those who are responsible for the crash. Below is a brief breakdown of potential defendants in an Arizona personal injury lawsuit that results from a bus accident:
- The bus driver – Clearly, if the bus driver was negligent in causing an accident, he or she could be named as a defendant in any lawsuit that’s filed as a result.
- The other driver – Much like any other Arizona traffic accident, it’s possible that the other driver in a crash could be on the receiving end of a lawsuit that’s filed if he or she caused the collision.
- The bus management – Most of the time when a bus accident occurs, the entity that’s responsible for the management of the bus as part of an overall fleet will be named as a defendant. This can involve a private busing company or even a municipality if the accident involved a city bus or a school bus.
How Phoenix AZ Bus Accident Lawyers Can Help
Generally speaking, holding those responsible for an Arizona bus accident properly accountable can be a complicated scenario. Therefore, those who have been harmed in this manner need to focus on their recovery and allow experienced Phoenix bus accident lawsuit attorneys to protect and enforce their legal rights for them. If this has happened to you or someone you love, contact a Phoenix injury attorney from the Phillips Law Group today to schedule a free initial consultation.
Great experience! Took care of pretty much everything, and I always felt like I want in good hands. Caroline Fa. was also a great help with everything. She always returned my calls and I never felt unheard. Even after my case she would still help me with my insurance documents.
Phillips Law Group has a proven track record of success. Juan Roque, in particular, is integral to that. He works with integrity, compassion, and an undefeated optimism that makes him a valuable asset.
Jasmine , did a great job . Highly recommend!!!!!
Jeffrey Phillips is truly a brilliant attorney and businessman. I would not hesitate for a moment to contact him if I needed a personal injury attorney in Arizona, you would be fortunate to have him and his team. If you have a car accident, slip and fall in a store, or get punched in the face, call Phillips.
Phillips law group is a great firm! Caroline is great.
Although my accident was fortunately not a major one, The Phillips Law Group AZ treated it as such. Their staff, specifically Mr Juan Roque was very professional, courteous and most importantly very informative. Mr Roque's attentive service was phenomenal and I highly recommend this firm!
Liz was great
I tried a few previous law firms and none would take my car accident case with confidence they could get my anything. Phillips law group took my case and although it took around 4 years to get this case settled as I was in treatment, they never let up with insurance adjusters and they got me as much money as possible. They worked hard for me and advocated for me. Shoutout to key individuals who worked my case nonstop of the years, Robert Ross & Jasmine, you are AMAZING!
Positive: Professionalism, Quality, Responsiveness, Value As someone who is familiar with the inner workings of the auto insurance industry I can whole heartedly endorse Steven J. Jones and Phillips law group as someone I would want on my side should litigation take place. They handled my case professionally, honestly, and with satisfactory results which I would not have expected without enlisting their help.
Sophia H. at Phillips Law Group has been an absolute joy to work with -quick, responsive, and professional in every interaction. Her breadth of knowledge, from administration to IT to finance, is nothing short of impressive.