Burns and Laceration Injuries
- Home /
- Burns and Laceration Injuries
With over 10 million motor vehicle accidents each year in the United States, it goes without saying that an alert, aware driver is placed in the best position to avoid a crash. In 2010, over 950 drivers were involved in fatal collisions on the Arizona roadways and highways. Burns and lacerations, two of the most common outcomes of motor vehicle collisions, affect millions of drivers each and every year.
In a 2011 report, Arizona crashes totaled 103,423, with 33,030 victims injured and 754 deaths. These numbers indicate the need to be extra cautious when navigating the dangerous roads in this populous state.
In a 2011 yearly breakdown, the following quick facts highlight the hazards associated with driving in Arizona:
- Each day, approximately 2.26 person were killed due to an auto accident
- A total of 135,66 people were injured each day
- The above statistics equate to a death every 10.63 hours and an injury every 10.61 minutes
- Overall, the state of Arizona lost $2.893 billion due to motor vehicle collisions
Accidents and the injuries that ensue can change a life forever. If you or a loved one has suffered burns and lacerations following a crash, Phillips Law Group is prepared to fight for your rights.
For a case evaluation, complete the Free Case Review form to the right.
Motor Vehicle Accident Burns in Phoenix
As both the number of crashes and associated fatalities continue to rise in Arizona, as do the numbers of injuries due to auto accidents. Depending on the severity of the collision, one or more vehicles involved may catch fire. In fact, reports indicate that at least 30 people were injured in a vehicle fire triggered by a car accident in Arizona last year.
As burn injuries across the U.S. reach upwards of 2.4 million each year, drivers in Mobile and Baldwin counties must be aware of the potential threat. Motorcycle accidents, for instance, frequently result in a fire.
In Arizona, collision burns differ by degree:
- Fire Degree Burns: the top layer of skin is burned off, leaving the residual skin red. In not treated properly, infection can occur in the wounded area.
- Second Degree Burns: commonly associated with blisters, both the first and second layer of skin is burned in this instance. A third degree burn may develop if the initial burn is not treated appropriately.
- Third Degree Burn: all layers of the skin are harmed in this case. This is the most severe burn and victims commonly must undergo intensive repair to restore the skin layers.
Regardless of the severity level of your burn, Phillips Law Group believes that every crash victim is entitled to proper representation.
If you or a loved one has suffered burn injuries following a collision, our Phoenix car accident lawyers are prepared to fight for your compensation.
Motor Vehicle Accident Lacerations in Phoenix
Lacerations, another very common result of auto accidents, have sent thousands upon thousands of victims to the hospital each year. While following traffic regulations and wearing a seat belt help to prevent and lessen some crashes, the amount of glass in the typical vehicle leads to a number of lacerations each year.
Referred to as a serious cut to most, lacerations can cause severe injury. With this wounded or torn abrasion, the skin is often pulled apart in rather damaging conditions. Auto accidents are among the most frequent precursors to harmful gashes.
In general, there a five forms of lacerations:
- Cut: when a sharp object pressures the skin, a break through the first layer occurs. Sometimes cutting through underlying tissues, this is the most common laceration.
- Tear: when the top layer of skin tears away, this is very common in auto accidents.
- Split Laceration: when two objects squeeze a segment of the body, the skin and tissues then tear. This is often seen on the hands, face, legs, and head.
- Grinding Compression: the skin is lifted and peeled back following contact with an object at an angle or brushing motion. Typically, the epidermis is threatened and the tissue below gets crushed.
- Over-Stretching: the skin is pushed or pulled when an object contacts the body at an angle. A breakage or stretch is commonly caused.
Lacerations have the capacity to cause serious injury to car crash victims. If you or a loved one has suffered damaging injuries following a collision, Phillips Law Group is dedicated to achieving proper compensation for you.
To learn more, complete a Free Case Review form on this page.
Sophia H is very helpful.
Phillips law group is the best around!
Phillips law group has an amazing staff and i recommend them to everyone.
Phillips Law Group does so much for the community!!! I especially enjoy seeing Juan Roque out there. This gentle giant always has a smile on his face and is a part of a caring and giving team.
My review is for Kathy Hudson a legal assistant at the law firm. She is great! She is very professional and a fair based person. She was never rude to me and always called me back. She listened to me and had my best interest as number 1. Mr Nasir who is a supervisor at law firm also was very professional and helpful. Not sure if spelling his name correctly but sorry if not. As far as mr Ross and the lady that runs the front desk reception I would say they are the most unprofessional and rude people I have met at a law firm in my life especially beings they were representing me. But Kathy made it overall a better experience. Thx Kathy.
Phillips law group is a great firm! Caroline is great.
Juan Roque has been integral with my legal needs. Communication has been easy. He conveys information I can easily understand without a lot of "Legal Fluff" jargon. I will certainly do business with Phillips Legal team again and refer them to my friends and family.
A friend of mine recommended Phillips Law and I’m so grateful, because they were so wonderful, so down to earth, so professional. I felt like they were family.
Although my accident was fortunately not a major one, The Phillips Law Group AZ treated it as such. Their staff, specifically Mr Juan Roque was very professional, courteous and most importantly very informative. Mr Roque's attentive service was phenomenal and I highly recommend this firm!
PLG is the best! Highly recommend. Love that they do so much to help the community.