Accident Reconstruction and Your Car Crash Case
Some car crash cases are more complicated than others, such as those involving more than two drivers. Other cases where there are no witnesses and multiple conflicting accounts of what happened may also be difficult to validate.
In a complex case, the victim’s lawyer may recommend bringing in an accident reconstruction expert to help determine what happened and validate the victim’s claim.
Below, our licensed Phoenix car crash attorneys discuss accident reconstruction experts and how they can help build a strong case. If you were injured in a car crash, you should strongly consider hiring an experienced lawyer. A qualified attorney understands what steps will help to build and validate your case, including bringing expert witnesses.
Phillips Law Group has helped victims of many types of car crashes secure compensation, and we have the resources and legal knowledge to manage complex cases. Learn more about how our firm may be able to help by scheduling your free consultation.
What is Accident Reconstruction and How Might it Help Your Case?
Accident reconstruction is a process to determine why a crash happened. The conclusions reached through this process are based on evidence gathered at the scene and from other sources. This process is often used when the cause of the crash is not immediately apparent or easy to determine.
Fault is one of the central issues in a car crash claim. The at-fault driver bears financial liability for the damages caused by the crash. If the victim and his or her attorney cannot prove the other driver is at fault, their claim will likely be denied.
What Does a Reconstruction Expert Do?
Those who do accident reconstruction are specially trained on how to examine the factors involved in an accident, which may include:
- Where the vehicles involved came to rest after the collision
- Condition of the road where the crash happened
- Extent of damage to the vehicles involved
- Debris left on the roadway
- Visibility issues that may have contributed to the crash
- Whether one or more drivers were under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Weather during the crash
- Whether the brakes were applied before impact
- Steering angles
- Whether engine lights were on prior to the crash
- Assessing the engine’s rpm prior to the crash
- Determining if the cruise control was engaged at impact
- Examining whether anti-lock brakes were used
- Checking to see if the road was damaged by the collision
- The angle of the impact
- Speed at the time of impact
- And other factors, depending on the accident
Accident reconstruction experts review the damage done to the vehicles involved along with evidence they collect at the scene of the crash. They also review things like the police report, statements from witnesses, the repair shop’s damage assessment and collision ratings for all involved vehicles, pictures of the scene, medical records and other relevant evidence.
Sometimes, reconstruction experts may look at information collected by event data recorders in one or both vehicles involved in the crash.
When Are Accident Reconstruction Experts Brought in?
There are various reasons why this type of expert may be brought in to help build a case:
- Either no one witnessed the crash, or the witnesses cannot be found
- Those involved do not remember much, if anything, about what happened
- The witnesses were all involved in the crash somehow
- There is a lot of conflicting information about the accident
- It is not immediately clear who may be at fault
- The vehicles involved suffered severe damage
- The other driver is using an accident reconstructionist, and your attorney wants to refute their conclusions
- When a defective part may have contributed to the crash
- When government entities may bear fault for poor road conditions
- Your loved one died in the crash
- Evidence is missing
Make sure to find an experienced attorney who you can count on to recommend an accident reconstruction expert when necessary. It is very difficult for crash victims to know when it may be necessary to take a step like this.
Contact Us for Help with Your Auto Accident Claim
You may be thinking you can handle a car insurance claim on your own. However, the process can be complicated and overwhelming for victims, even if they have filed car insurance claims before.
You do not need to go through this process alone, battling the insurance company and trying to counter their attempts to deny or devalue your claim. An experienced attorney from our firm is ready to assist you, and we are prepared for the most complex claims. Our firm also has a track record of success, having secured more than $750 million in compensation on behalf of our clients.
An initial consultation is free and there are no upfront fees for our services.
Call Phillips Law Group today. Phone: 1-800-706-3000
I would have no hesitation at all recommending Phillips Law Group. In particular, Juan Roque has impressed me with his professionalism, his integrity and his heart for the community!
Definitely recommend! Awesome
Kathy Hudson and Donato Giovanatto. Continues to go above and beyond the call of duty. Reaching out to the insurance company about the damage to the vehicle. Forcing them to take responsibility.
Thank you Phillips Law Group for all the support and back to school assistance we appreciate it.
Phillips law group is the best around!
A friend of mine recommended Phillips Law and I’m so grateful, because they were so wonderful, so down to earth, so professional. I felt like they were family.
Phillips law group has an amazing staff and i recommend them to everyone.
Phillips Law Group has a proven track record of success. Juan Roque, in particular, is integral to that. He works with integrity, compassion, and an undefeated optimism that makes him a valuable asset.
Liz was great
Jon Jamieson was amazing to work with . He came through with all of his promises.