Speeding Accident Lawyer
Drivers who are in a hurry or running late may feel like speeding will get them to their destinations more quickly. While this may be true, speeding also reduces the driver’s control over his or her vehicle, increasing the chances of getting involved in a car accident. Speeding is considered a form of aggressive driving, and kills thousands in the United States every year.
Were you or a loved one injured in a speeding car accident? If so, please don’t hesitate to contact Phillips Law Group to discuss your potential legal options for recovery.
The attorneys at our law firm have helped clients recover over $1 billion in damages. With nearly 30 years of experience and successful outcomes, you can count on us to recover fair compensation for your losses.
When it comes to aggressive driving and claims involving a speeding accident specifically, the car accident lawyers at Phillips Law Group firmly believe that these aggressive drivers should be held accountable for their actions.
Schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with us to see how we may be able to help you. We take clients on a contingency fee basis and will not charge for our legal services unless you win and obtain compensation first.
Call 1-800-706-3000 or complete the free case evaluation form on this page today to book an appointment.
Speeding Contributes to Many Car Accidents
Each state carefully decides what speed limits to post on their highways, city streets, and other roadways. In residential areas and locations with more pedestrians, the limits are lower. Roadways that are straight with few intersections usually allow for higher speeds.
Unfortunately, some drivers view posted speed limits as more of a suggestion than the law. Driving over the posted speed limit is a contributing factor in many car accidents. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2020, speeding was a contributing factor in 29 percent of all traffic fatalities.
Consider the following reasons why speeding is so dangerous:
- A driver has less time to slow down or stop when a dangerous traffic condition arises
- The faster a driver is traveling the more difficult it is to control the vehicle; sharp turns or wet roads can be especially hazardous when speeding
- A vehicle (especially an SUV) has a greater risk of a rollover
- The effectiveness of occupant protection equipment is reduced
- The tires on the vehicle do not grip the road as well at higher speeds
- The faster a car is moving, the greater the risk of a car accident causing serious injuries
Just because you are driving the speed limit does not necessarily mean you are not driving too fast for the situation. Speeding also includes overdriving weather and road conditions, going too fast through construction zones, and driving too fast for heavy traffic.
Speeding Causes Catastrophic Injuries
The faster a vehicle is going, the greater the odds that a car accident will leave victims suffering from severe injuries. The following are common injuries linked to high-speed collisions:
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Internal injuries
- Facial scarring
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Wrongful death
The recovery from injuries incurred in an accident caused by speeding may take months of surgeries and therapy to recover from. In some situations, victims are left with permanent debilitating injuries.
If you have been injured due to another driver’s negligence, speak to a speeding car accident lawyer from our law firm about recovering compensation for your medical bills and other damages.
How a Speeding Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
Speed-related accidents can leave victims with not only physical but financial challenges. If you were injured in the accident, you may be unable to work and struggle to cover your expenses. A car accident lawyer can review the circumstances surrounding the collision and help you determine whether you have a valid personal injury claim.
The experienced lawyers at Phillips Law Group have been helping car accident victims in Arizona and throughout the US for nearly three decades. We pride ourselves on working diligently for our clients and obtaining the best possible outcomes for them.
As your car accident lawyers, you can expect us to:
- Handle all communication with the insurance company. Insurance adjusters often try to pressure accident victims into settling claims for less than they are worth. As your legal representatives, all communication with the insurance company will go through us. We are familiar with the tactics that they use and know how to bypass the obstacles so you can get a fair settlement.
- Hire experts. As your lawyers, we try to examine your accident from every angle as we build your personal injury case. This may involve working with accident reconstructionists, engineers, physicians, law enforcement officers, and other experts.
- Minimize any allegations. The other driver may try to place part of the blame on you, accusing you of speeding, driving recklessly, or engaging in other forms of dangerous driving behavior. As your lawyers, we work to disprove and minimize these allegations.
- Keep you informed. Our law firm values open and honest communication with our clients. We will keep you updated on the progress of your car accident claim or personal injury case and answer any questions that you may have throughout the process.
- Advocate for your rights. The majority of claims involving traffic accidents are handled out of court through settlement negotiations with the insurance company. However, our lawyers are trial-ready, and prepared to present your personal injury case before a judge or jury if necessary.
We’re Here to Listen
Fill out the form and we’ll contact you to go over what happened and evaluate your case for free.
Your message has been sent
Thank you for your message, we will get back to you soon.
I didn’t know anything about the area, and Phillips Law Group just took care of everything. They helped made sure I knew where I was going, made sure I didn’t have to worry. They literally just took care of me.
No Fee Until We Win For You
We get to work,
you get updates
How Do You Prove an Accident Was Caused by Speeding?
Compensation Available for Victims of Speeding Accidents
Contact Our Speeding Accident Attorneys Today