Arizona Reckless Driving Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that more than one-third of all motor vehicle collisions in the United States are caused by some form of aggressive or reckless driving. The organization defines reckless driving as any event in which individuals commit a combination of moving traffic offenses so as to endanger other persons or property. More often than not, these dangerous acts lead to a traffic accident. Motorists in Arizona must be aware of the hazards involving any reckless actions behind the wheel, as even the slightest misjudgment can cause a range of severe injuries, and in some cases, death.
There are a variety of factors that may possess a driver to act recklessly behind the wheel; however some motorists consistently operate their vehicles in a risky manner. Being aware of the most common characteristics of an unsafe, aggressive driver will help Arizona motorists to potentially avoid an auto accident by avoiding driving in close proximity to these types of drivers. The following are some of the most common traits of reckless driving:
- Changing lanes without signaling
- Running red lights
- Speeding excessively
- Constant tailgating (following a vehicle much too closely)
- Excessively changing lanes
- Neglecting to obey traffic signs
- Using hand gestures and verbal threats to other drivers on the road
- Driving on emergency lanes or shoulders to pass through traffic
These are some of the most typically seen behaviors of reckless motorists throughout the United States and in Arizona. When a driver is displaying aggressive traits on the road, surrounding vehicles must make every attempt to get away from the dangerous driver. If you or a loved one has been injured due to the reckless driving of another individual, you may be entitled to compensation.
To speak with a personal injury attorney, complete a Free Case Review on this page.
Avoiding Reckless Driving Behaviors
Each year in the United States there are more than 3 million traffic crash related injuries. With so many Americans suffering annually, a number of precautions have been taken across the country. In Arizona, safe driving habits are promoted in schools and through local government programs. Unfortunately, however, a countless number of individuals still choose to operate their vehicles in a dangerous manner. In fact, some of these motorists are not even aware of the reckless nature of their driving.
In order to reduce aggressive driving habits, motorists should keep the following tips in mind:
- Take a deep breath and relax, be sure to avoid taking personal frustrations out on other motorists
- Concentrate on the road, avoid paying attention to drinking, eating, cell phones, or any other potential distractions
- Look for different routes that may be less congested and thus less frustrating to drive on
- Always adhere to the posted speed limit
- Use public transportation to avoid the stresses and frustrations that are associated with operating a vehicle
- Be late! Accept that you may not arrive to your destination on time and that it will be okay
Keeping these tips in mind will help to deter the rate of reckless driving on the roads across the country, and more specifically, in Arizona. As more and more motorists enter the roads and highways throughout the state, aggressive behavior becomes more likely. All Arizona drivers must make a concerted effort to avoid distractions, concentrate on the road, and attempt to make the roads as safe as possible for all drivers and passengers.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries due to the reckless driving of another, our auto accident lawyers are here to help. At Phillips Law Group, we believe that aggressive drivers must pay for the injuries and damages in which they cause. When another individuals negligence causes harm to you and your loved ones, they must be held liable for their actions.
To get started today, please complete a Free Case Review form.
What to do When Driving near a Reckless Motorist
Driving next to or in close proximity to a reckless or aggressive motorist can be very frightening. When a motorist is either a new driver or a very experienced driver, the ability to safely operate a vehicle near an aggressive driver is difficult. Unfortunately, the majority of Arizona residents will encounter a reckless driver at some point in their lifetime. When this event takes place, it is essential to understand the safest methods of driving when crossing an aggressive motorists path.
The following are some important guidelines to remember when driving near a reckless driver:
- Always wear a seat belt (all passengers must wear a safety belt as well)
- Get out of their way as soon as it is safe
- Never challenge the aggressive motorist
- Do not make any hand gestures, eye contact, or interactions with the driver
- Contact the local police to report the aggressor
- If a collision occurs, stop at a safe distance away and wait for police to arrive so that you can report what you have witnessed
Keeping these guidelines in mind will help all Arizona residents to keep the roads a bit safer. While some accidents are certainly unavoidable, keeping these tips in mind may be the difference between life and death. Phillips Law Group stands strongly in our belief that accident victims deserve compensation from the negligent drivers who cause harm to innocent individuals. We will work hard to protect the rights of all Arizona residents.
Contact Phillips Law Group for Trusted Representation
With offices in Phoenix, San Diego, and Salt Lake City, Phillips Law Group is able to provide legal services to a wide range of individuals across the country. No matter where we are litigating, we always maintain the core values of Phillips Law Group. Keeping the clients as our first priority, we work tirelessly to research, investigate, call on expert resources, and build a successful case. We are always working toward the maximum compensation possible for our clients.
Complete a Free Case Review now to get started.