FDA RECALL: Actavis Totowa Recall
- Home /
- FDA RECALL: Actavis Totowa Recall
Actavis Totowa LLC, is an American company that has been producing dozens of medications for many years. The company’s manufacturing plant is located in New Jersey, and they produce generic drugs for use by patients all over the world. The company has been under scrutiny from the FDA in recent years after inspections revealed that the FDAs cleanliness and manufacturing standards were not being met, resulting in a direct warning from the FDA in 2007.
Furthering the issue, Actavis Totowa recently announced that it is initiating a full recall of more than 60 different types of medications. No specific reason has yet been given for this huge recall, but it comes almost directly on the heels of the warnings issued by the FDA. Below is a list of the medications subject to this recall.
List of Recalled Medications:
- Amantadine 100mg capsules
- Amibid DM ER tablets
- Amibid DM tablets
- Amidrine capsules
- Amigesic 500 mg caplets and 750 mg caplets
- Amitex PSE tablets
- Bellamine S tablets
- Betaxolol 10 mg and 20 mg tablets USP
- Buspirone HCL 5 mg, 10 mg, 15 mg and 30mg tablets
- Carisoprodol & Aspirin tablets
- Carisoprodol, Aspirin & Codeine tablets
- Carisoprodol 350mg tablets
- Chlordiazepoxide w/ Clidinium Bromide capsules
- Chlorzoxazone 250mg
- Cilostazol tablets 100mg
- Choline Magnesium Trisalicylate 500 mg, 750 mg and 1000 mg tablets
- Cyclobenzaprine HCL 5 mg and 10 mg
- Dexchlorpheniramine Maleate 4 mg and 6 mg tablets
- Dipyridamole 25 mg, 50mg, and 75 mg tablets
- Glyburide 1.5 mg, 3.0 mg and 6.0 mg tablets
- Guaifenesin & Codeine Phosphate tablets
- Guaifenesin & Phenylephrine tablets
- Guanfacine 1.0 mg and 2.0 mg HCl tablets
- Hydrocodone & Homatropine tablets
- Hydromorphone HCl tablets
- Hydroxyzine 10 mg, 25 mg and 50 mg tablets
- Hyoscyamine Sulfate 0.125 mg SL
- Hyoscyamine Sulfate 0.375mg SR tablets
- Hyoscyamine Sulfate 0.125 mg (oral) tablets
- Isradipine 2.5 mg and 5 mg capsules
- Loxapine 5 mg, 10 mg, 25 mg, and 50 mg capsules
- Meclizine Chewable 25 mg tablets
- Meloxicam 7.5 mg and 15 mg tablets
- Meperidine & Promethazine capsules
- Meperidine HCl 100 mg and 50 mg tablets
- Methenamine Mandelate 0.5 g and 1.0 g tablets
- Mirtazapine 15 mg, 30 mg, and 45 mg tablets
- Mirtazapine OD tablets, 15 mg, 30 mg and 45 mg
- Multi-ret Folic 500 mg tablets
- Multi-vita-bets 0.5 mg and 1.0 mg FL & FE tablets
- Multi-vita-bets 0.25 mg, 0.5 mg and 1 mg FL tablets
- Naltrexone 50mg tablets
- Oxycodone & Acetaminophen 5/500mg capsules
- Oxycodone HCl 5 mg, 15 mg and 30 mg tablets
- Oxycodone HCl 5 mg capsules
- Pentazocine & Acetaminophen tablets
- Pentazocine & Naloxone tablets
- Phenazopyridine HCl 100 mg and 200 mg tablets
- Phendimetrazine Tartrate 35mg tablets
- Phentermine HCl 37.5 mg tablets
- Phentermine HCl 15 mg, 30 mg and 37.5 mg capsules
- Prenatal Formula 3 tablets
- Prenatal Plus 27 mg FE tablets
- Prenatal Rx tablets
- Quinaretic 10mg/12.5mg, 20 mg/12.5 mg and 20 mg/25 mg tablets
- Rifampin 300mg capsules
- Sodium FL 0.5 mg and 1.0 mg tablets
- Tizanidine HCl 2 mg and 4 mg tablets
- Trimethobenzamide 300mg capsules
- Trimipramine Maleate 25mg, 50mg, 100mg capsules
- Trivita 1 mg FL tablets
- Ursodiol capsules, 300mg
- Vitacon Forte capsules
- Vitaplex Plus tablets
- Vitaplex tablets (FC)
- Yohimbine HCl 5.4 mg tablets
If you or someone you love has been taking any of the medications listed above, you need to stop doing so, but only with the help of your doctor. Contact your medical care provider as soon as possible to discuss the situation. If you have been harmed as a result of using these medications, contact a defective drugs attorney immediately to schedule an initial consultation and to begin the process of evaluating and, if advisable, enforcing your legal rights.
Phillips is the best!! Love all that they do to give back to the community and how much they help those who are experiencing homelessness. ❤️
Phillips law group has an amazing staff and i recommend them to everyone.
They knew exactly how to explain the case to me in a way that I would understand it. They gave me hope that my life wasn’t over.
My paralegal , Caroline , was on top of her game - very responsive and always answered any questions I had and in a timely manner . My attorney Rob ,was the best attorney I ever had . He explained everything in great detail and had a great sense or humor . He really knows how to bring light To tough , unfortunate situations - I would absolutely recommend them at anyone -
My Attorney Sean Davis and his paralegal Hannah Dustin worked on my case. They listened to the problems that I was having with my case and they both got right to work. First they found me a doctor that actually listened to my problems from my car accident and worked quickly to form a plan that was comfortable for me and the doctor. The doctor was the best and after a couple of procedures the pain in my neck was gone. Behind the scenes Sean and Hannah were working hard to get my case settled with the insurance company. They kept in contact with me on all aspects of my case. They settled my case much faster than I expected and for more than I was expecting. If you want two real professional legal people to work on your case, I would highly recommend Sean and Hannah to you. I cannot say enough nice things about these two. Thank you so much, Rickey Hart .
Jasmine helped me so so much I want to thank her ! And also Aaron , i was always scared after an accident , knowing I would have to deal with lawyers but not here . Luckily I’ve only been in 3 accidents but this time it was fast and easy . And i received all the treatments I needed to help me recover ! Thank you Jasmine and Aaron!
A friend of mine recommended Phillips Law and I’m so grateful, because they were so wonderful, so down to earth, so professional. I felt like they were family.
Definitely recommend! Awesome
I was recently served court documents that I was being sued from an accident that happened years ago. For someone who has never been through something like this and not familiar with the court lingo or where to even begin, it was very frustrating and stressful. I reached out to a family member who knew Tracy Laskos and the great reputation of Phillips Law Group and within the hours of the initial call for help, I had a direct number to Lead Attorney Nassar. Nassar heard my case and almost instantly put me at ease by explaining the process and how easy it was to handle. Nassar spoke to me like he was a friend, not like I was a client. I am so grateful to Tracy, Nasar and of course my cousin Stephanie for helping out and giving me the direction that I needed to get through this situation. I plan on referring my friends, family and patients that are in need of a personal injury Attorney to Phillips Law Group. Thank you!!
Phillips law group is the best around!