10 Facts About Driving Under The Influence
- Home /
- 10 Facts About Driving Under The Influence
The Arizona DUI Enforcement Unit has reported that over 7,000 people are arrested for a DUI each year, while many of these drivers are caught at DUI checkpoints located throughout the state. In the state of Arizona if an individual registers over a .08 blood alcohol content level, that individual may suffer the consequences of a DUI.
If you have been injured in a car accident contact one of our dedicated personal injury attorneys today for a free consultation.
As responsible members of our community, the lawyers at Phillips Law Group have gathered 10 facts about driving under the influence in order to demonstrate how prevalent these types of offenses truly are, and how devastating they may be.
10 facts about driving under the influence include:
- 211 children suffered fatalities from drunk drivers in 2010. Of these children, 62 percent were riding with a drunk driver
- An average of 27 people lose their live every day as a result of drunk drivers
- Between 50 and 75 percent of individuals that had their licenses revoked due to drunk driving are now illegally driving without a license
- Children who get involved with alcohol at a young age are seven times more likely to become involved in an alcohol related crash during their lifetime
- Coffee, exercise, and a cold shower will not make a person more sober. This is a common misconception, as only time will.
- Every 90 seconds a person is injured by a drunk driver
- One third of teenage traffic collision deaths involved alcohol or other substances
- Since 1980, the fatality rate of drunk driving has been cut in half
- The average drunk driver will drive 80 times under the influence before their first arrest
- There is a No Tolerance policy for drivers under the age of 21 caught with any alcohol in their system. These individuals may be fined, lose their license, or go to jail if they are caught.
Our car accident attorneys recommend no individual driver under the influence, instead designate a sober driver or find an alternate form of transportation. This will help you avoid the strict penalties associated with drunk driving and it could save your life, along with others on our roadways.
Phillips law group is the best around!
Sophia H. at Phillips Law Group has been an absolute joy to work with -quick, responsive, and professional in every interaction. Her breadth of knowledge, from administration to IT to finance, is nothing short of impressive.
I didn’t know anything about the area, and Phillips Law Group just took care of everything. They helped made sure I knew where I was going, made sure I didn’t have to worry. They literally just took care of me.
Sophia H is a pleasure to work with! Thanks for all you do.
I tried a few previous law firms and none would take my car accident case with confidence they could get my anything. Phillips law group took my case and although it took around 4 years to get this case settled as I was in treatment, they never let up with insurance adjusters and they got me as much money as possible. They worked hard for me and advocated for me. Shoutout to key individuals who worked my case nonstop of the years, Robert Ross & Jasmine, you are AMAZING!
Jon Jamieson was amazing to work with . He came through with all of his promises.
My Attorney Sean Davis and his paralegal Hannah Dustin worked on my case. They listened to the problems that I was having with my case and they both got right to work. First they found me a doctor that actually listened to my problems from my car accident and worked quickly to form a plan that was comfortable for me and the doctor. The doctor was the best and after a couple of procedures the pain in my neck was gone. Behind the scenes Sean and Hannah were working hard to get my case settled with the insurance company. They kept in contact with me on all aspects of my case. They settled my case much faster than I expected and for more than I was expecting. If you want two real professional legal people to work on your case, I would highly recommend Sean and Hannah to you. I cannot say enough nice things about these two. Thank you so much, Rickey Hart .
If you are in need of legal support for a motor vehicle collision of any kind, I highly recommend going to Phillips Law Group Injury Lawyers. Sean Davis has exemplary knowledge and experience in this field, compassion for his clients, and excellent judgment and communication skills.
Phillips Law Group has a proven track record of success. Juan Roque, in particular, is integral to that. He works with integrity, compassion, and an undefeated optimism that makes him a valuable asset.
I was recently served court documents that I was being sued from an accident that happened years ago. For someone who has never been through something like this and not familiar with the court lingo or where to even begin, it was very frustrating and stressful. I reached out to a family member who knew Tracy Laskos and the great reputation of Phillips Law Group and within the hours of the initial call for help, I had a direct number to Lead Attorney Nassar. Nassar heard my case and almost instantly put me at ease by explaining the process and how easy it was to handle. Nassar spoke to me like he was a friend, not like I was a client. I am so grateful to Tracy, Nasar and of course my cousin Stephanie for helping out and giving me the direction that I needed to get through this situation. I plan on referring my friends, family and patients that are in need of a personal injury Attorney to Phillips Law Group. Thank you!!