Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
In 2010, there were more than 2,500 motorcycle accidents in Arizona, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. Being involved in motorcycle crash can be a traumatic event for a rider. Due to the lack of protection that a bike provides, a motorcyclist can sustain serious injuries in a wreck. Arizona motorcycle accidents can be caused by the driver of the motor vehicle or by the biker.
If you or a loved one was been injured in motorcycle accident at no fault of your own, you may be entitled to compensation for you losses. Contact an experienced motorcycle accident attorney today to discuss your legal options.
For additional information about motorcycle accident claims, fill out the Free Case Review form on this page.
Motorcycle Crashes Caused by the Driver
The majority of Arizona motorcycle accidents are multi-vehicle crashes. Sometimes these crashes are caused by the drivers negligence. Listed below are some common driver errors that contribute to motorcycle wrecks:
- Changing lanes without signaling your intentions to the biker.
- Failure to see the motorcyclist on the highway
- Excessively speeding on Arizonas highways and roads
- Tailgating the motorcyclist
- Failing to give the biker the entire length of the lane
- Disregarding the bikers right of way
- Turing left in front of a biker at a busy intersection
Motorcycle Accidents Caused by the Biker
Motorcycle accidents can sometimes to be caused by the bikers negligent actions. The following errors caused by motorcyclists can result in crashes:
- Riding too close to motor vehicles
- Speeding too fast for the weather and road conditions
- Disregarding traffic signs
- Exceeding the speed limit
- Operating the motorcycle while intoxicated or under the influence of illegal narcotics
- Making unsafe lane changes
- Lack of riding experience
If you have suffered an injury in motorcycle crash due to the negligence of another, contact Phillips Law Group today.
Contact a Phoenix Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 82,000 people were injured in motorcycle crashes in 2010. Motorcycle crashes can leave accident victims with serious and debilitating injuries. Oftentimes, the treatments for these injuries can cause a financial strain on the accident victim and their families.
If youve been injured in an Arizona motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages and property damage. Contact a Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyer today to have your case reviewed. After reviewing the facts of your accident, an attorney will determine the merits of your claim and advise you on the best course of action to pursue.
The attorneys at Phillips Law Group have the knowledge and resource to handle your motorcycle accident claim. The Phoenix-based law firm has helped many motorcycle crash victims receive the maximum compensation that they deserved.
To receive a free and confidential case review, complete the contact form.